Having issues with support

What you have previously done on other sites is irrelevant. What is relevant is what Blizzard asks. It has been stated what information deleting Blizzard account requires one to submit has been the same since the dawn of time. If you don’t submit that information Blizzard asks, your account won’t be deleted.

1 Like

Negative.

They never once asked me for this information before. Why would I provide it now when they’ve shown they don’t stand behind their own principles?

How many times have you requested Blizzard to delete your account prior to this occasion? If your answer is never, then how do you know they’ve never asked it before?

1 Like

It’s a matter of principle. I’m not jumping through hoops for this company to do what the customer is asking of them.
That’s not how this should work.

They have plenty of information on my account that I would gladly verify.

I refuse to give them any new information.

1 Like

Then you don’t get your account deleted.

No matter how much you pout or gripe, the situation won’t change. When you created the account, you agreed to all of its terms. That includes how to close the account. Now you refuse to obey those terms.

1 Like

The company has plenty of ways to go about this, and I’ve made my point very clear.

They never once asked me for this information before. Why would I provide it now when they’ve shown they don’t stand behind their own principles?

How many times prior to this occasion have you asked your Blizzard account to be closed?

1 Like

The company has plenty of ways to go about this, and I’ve made my point very clear.

You have been given all the answers that exist. At this point you are spamming. Repetition only gets posts deleted, it does not make any changes.

1 Like

People keep trying to circumvent the point.

It’s necessary.

No one is circumventing anything. You are simply ignoring everything we say.

Being stubborn won’t help you. You’ve been given all the answers. It’s not our fault you refuse to listen.

1 Like

Negative.

Defending the company’s policies when they are breaking their own policies is illogical.

I’ll keep yelling.

What is illogical is insisting that Blizz is breaking their own policies. They are not. You were required to give your real name, address, and country when you created the account. Blizzard has asked for Govt Issued ID, to verify that info, for account issues going back YEARS. This is established policy. They have not changed it.

Into the void. Nothing will come of it.

1 Like

What do you think exist in the void?
Nothing doesn’t exist buddy.

I now believe the OP is trying to say that blizzard didn’t required this information when they first made their account as such they don’t see why blizzard would need it now when they want to delete it (that said, part of this been answered). Either way, that’s all from me within this discussion.

and Cheetah… I wasn’t saying that Blizzard asking for an ID is breaking policy… I was referring to other policies that the company is breaking.

For fun check out the article on BBC International covering this very topic right now.

If you make policy you can’t break policy. You just apply it the way you wish or change it.

Well, that’s one way to put it.

You’re okay with that? yikes

What I am or am not okay with is irrelevant. Your choices are to comply or waste a lot of money trying to find a lawyer who will go to court to get the policy changed. The lawyer will lose of course but you’ll have to pay him anyway. Posting on the forums gets you nothing.

1 Like

That’s a limited perspective.