Hard to See Mouse

I use the large mouse pointer icon but still keep losing it a lot and end up randomly shooting everywhere until I find it again lol.

Is there anything else people use to make their pointer stand out even more?

Thanks

I think there is an option to make the pointer bigger. Helps a little but not much.
The third party solutions for customizing mouse pointer (YoloMouse) are strictly speaking probably against Blizzard rules, but I’ve seen some streamers use it.

I really hope there would be in-game solution like in newest D4, since the purpose of game shouldn’t be hunting for mouse cursor.

YoloMouse used to be free but now it’s a time-limited trial and USD4 to buy on Steam if you like it enough. Can be used for other games!

I don’t know if it counts as a naughty third party device to help game play but it is way more visible than the standard D3 pointer and it’s a lot easier to use when you’ve got a bajillion ground effects going on.

I used to use it a while ago after seeing a streamer use it but have since reverted to just the in-game cursor because, at the time, it was a bit laggy with D3.

Another way is to lower the graphic settings so that the ground effects from your attacks won’t be so overwhelming. If that is what is making your pointer hard to see.

2 Likes

But then the game won’t be so purdy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You can adjust if you pay attention to which direction your main character faces off to when you command an attack. Figure where your character facing by giving a simply stand still (hold Shift) attack then bring cursor closer to middle of screen as you force move. That will give you an idea as you have Passability and CC immunity from Altar.

When you fight with a rather large group of monsters you only wonder where you put your cursor in two or three occassions. One, nothing ever gets damaged and you use something that doesn’t auto-aim for you. Two, you notice a threatening Elite ability (Frozenpulse, Orbiter, first tail position of Arcane etc.) on the field and need to pull the cursor closer for sharper turns. Three, you are stuck between monsters and can not commit until you prioritize some threatening ones.

In the heat of battle when there’s $hit going off everywhere its difficult paying attention to details lol. Being able to use different coloured pointers would be nice as the white blends in with a lot of other colours onscreen.

I actually fondly remember the gauntlet cursor of Darkening of Tristram event. I wish there was a way to change visibility or style of the cursor without jumping hoops with game mechanics.

1 Like

There is a setting for Windows that will put a circle around the cursor when you press the CTRL button. I just checked and it works in D3.

3 Likes

Interesting but when it’s on in the heat of battle, the last thing I want to be doing is pushing another button to identify my mouse.

1 Like

Minor shake to the mouse can help see it.

Just to point out the obvious (to the devs), this is mostly a problem when someone is moving the mouse extremely much. Which is an elite-only skill (you are all elite, even I qualified as top 500 last season) and completely valid to talk about.

Also the amount of effects on screen does affect it. I’m more likely to lose track of the cursor in Heroes. Too many creatures, movement, projectiles, conditions… I guess being in a party makes it worse, too.

The reason I never had big issues in D3 is because I usually use a (de facto) primary skill which acts as “the big circle” - shooting stuff towards the cursor. I’m also machine gunning everything ahead of me. Plus the character is running towards the cursor.

(In other words, adding details like your build, skills, and so can help.)

Yep this is what I do, and the minor quickly becomes a major if there’s a lot going on.

When playing cold meteor I also keep an eye on the top of the screen to catch the name tag of the monster I’m fighting - and making sure it’s a valuable target - and then try and keep hold of the name tag untill it’s gone.

2 Likes

Which cold build are you running?

Wizardspike, Tal’s with offhand, gloves, helmet, pants, amulet, Guardian’s Bracers and belt, Aughild’s chest and shoulders, Karini and Rorg on fingers and Squirt’s in cube.
Much like your set up, but Squirt’s makes a big difference. It is always up in a GR 125 unless I’m too careless. And I use enchantress. The RoRG is ancient but not super aggressive stats, they are hard to get on that ring.
I’ve turned graphic setting down a bit so that there are no big ice crystals on the ground, still a lot of white stuff though.
Looks like this, unless I use lightning build. In 125s I don’t use Stricken, but powerful (125s are a up to a couple of minutes slower than 3-minute speeds). And of course it’s a build I have copied from youtube :slightly_smiling_face:

Depending on what gloves and shoulders I wear (with or without AD) health is around 1.3 or 1.6mil with 100 paragons in vitality (maybe not needed).

Thanks for the info :slight_smile:

Have you tried the star pact arcane build? How does the cold play differently to arcane?

I remember in Season 28 cold was more tanky and consistent vs arcane being a lot less tanky but higher output.

Star Pact hits harder. But to me it also means: Star(t) P(r)act(ice) a lot!
One really has to get used the the build to make it work smoothly and well, I think. (Remember to max out the Arcane pool with paragons). Guess I’ll wait with till later in season. But with a good Oculus every meteor burst should replenish one’s Arcane pool.

With both builds I believe we can also try and fit in a Black Hole skill.

I’ve got a primalised Wizardspike as I like the 10% stacking effect, but I finds the most frustrating part is how totally rift dependent it is. Burning through a lot of keys just to try 141s at the moment!

It’s definitely got the nuke factor but you really need to bide your time fishing for the right rifts.

I thought we were promised easy 150s this season? :angry:
Haven’t gone higher that 131. At the moment slow walking some demon hunter gems and a Stricken up to that level before going higher.

Me either, but that is because I am leveling the legendary gems I am going to use this season. Currently running GoD at 130 with 5 min average.

1 Like