Hand of the Prophet not granting all skills (S31)

Tried to search first and couldn’t find any recent posts.

My Enchantress has the Hand of the Prophet equipped, and every so often it just…stops working. I open her character window, and half of her abilities are still grayed out.

If I unequip and re-equip the Hand of the Prophet, or click one of the grayed out abilities to “learn” it, it works as intended and no abilities are grayed out any longer, but after I play for a while if I check, half her abilities are grayed out again.

I’m not sure how to further test how or why this happens, or even if it’s just a visual bug, I just know it keeps happening and I don’t know how to fix it.

EDIT: I just did a GR90 to try and test.

• Hand of the Prophet was working and all abilities active when I entered.
  • She died at one point, and as expected half her abilities went gray.
  • As soon as she revived, all her abilities were immediately active again and continued to be active for the rest of the GR.
  • Collected all loot, upgraded gems, etc and teleported back to town, and all abilities were still active.
  • Turned in/completed the GR with Orek to close the rift portal…and half her abilities immediately went gray again. I had to unequip/re-equip the Hand of the Prophet to activate all abilities again.

EDIT 2: Did another test exactly the same as the first, but this time she did not die at any point during the GR. Her abilities never grayed out, even after talking to Orek and completing the rift and closing the GR portal.

EDIT 3: On a whim I exited the game, entered a new game, and did another GR. Her abilities were all active the entire time, but grayed out once again AFTER talking to Orek to complete the GR and close the portal.

Uploaded a screenshot so everyone can see that she’s alive, in town, with the Hand of the Prophet equipped…and grayed out abilities. =( imgur . com/a/0E6Wik7

This happens from time to time when a follower has All Skills token equipped, not just Enchantress.
This has been going on for a long time and I doubt if they will ever fix it.

3 Likes

Embedding the picture for you:

2 Likes

I posted about it many seasons ago. Probably the season where WoL LoD monk was OP because with enforcer gem your follower can stay alive much easier.
I can’t remember if the bug was only visual, and that all the skills were still active even if not showing? Easy to check with the enchantress at least.
Maybe my old post (or topic?) can be found?

:grey_question: :

2 Likes

Perusoe always Perusing :grin: :+1: thx.

1 Like

It very often, not to say constantly, happens to the followers equipped with the All Skills token. I always thought it happens when they die with that token equipped. Maybe gonna check that theory…

It appears to be a Visual glitch only, according to the linked thread.