[Guide] Zodiac Rend (Season 20)

This season does look tempting. Might be another easy season to farm 150 gems.

Nope. Impale uses a dagger and quiver equipped.

This season has been really good to me. I did a 134 which is the highest I’ve ever done. And the most paragon ive gotten in a season too.
I also found primal waste pants and boots and rng thought it was a idea to give me wrong rolls and have a good laugh about it.

3 Likes

I went to the Wiz forums to see what threads they had and quickly came back to the barb lair. Rarely do I frequent other sub forums so it was a real eye opener to find out they don’t have any sort of framework around sticky threads or popular topics.

With that said, I decided to take a break from rending mobs after just barely failing a 148 and play some other guys I had on backup.

Today I made a good run in loving memory of the soon to be nerfed Firebird MI Wiz. I might try a few more tiers and see where I top out. First two runs were almost consecutive keys. Third I took a break in-between for some food and came back to pound town.

This one was pretty easy, cruise control the whole time. GR 146

Second one was a comfortable clear. GR 147

Last one was dicey, towards the end of the rift I was getting worried the images were being goofballs. GR 148

1 Like

Wizard GR clearance videos in the Barb forum?

Puzzled look intensifies.

Seras must be testing a new kinda barb behind the scenes.

Starting next season, Firebird build will basically be Frenzy Wiz

Haha I’m only a big barb on these side of the forums. Go over to anywhere else and I get big eyed scared and come back here to my safety zone! :upside_down_face:

:scream: ````````````

That is not how the co-heir to Zodiac Rend talks.

2 Likes

I’m formally requesting, if this is how it works, that you put in the diligence to up your TL level back to whatever it is so that you can edit the first post into whatever version is required, so chris and I can keep it updated.

1 Like

Eewww. Raxx just gave barb rank 7 for pushing in season 25. Time for barbs to get a little juice!!!

Also world first 20k have been completed.

1 Like

I think the two biggest disproportionate effects on clears in S25 will be the shards of Lies and Anguish. The former will give a big bump to pet builds, and the latter to builds that do huge amounts of damage in a tiny window (via the deathblow effect).

Barbs, of course, don’t have any pet builds. The closest we have to major burst-damage builds are our newly buffed HOTA setups, especially R6 HOTA.

On the other hand, the biggest single “splash” of damage there is from BR: Bloodshed, and I don’t know if that actually procs the shard. I know they changed the shard to only work with player-based attacks (presumably so it couldn’t double dip by proccing itself, or repeat absurd damage from Sever). But, Bloodshed also doesn’t proc most effects (like AD), so I don’t know if that would proc the deathblow effect or not.

Anybody out there know if it works or not? Cass, you played a good bit of HOTA in the PTR- any insights?

Anyway, if Bloodshed does work with Anguish, all 3 HOTAs will get a significant bump. R6 HOTA in particular might actually be stronger than Rend.

DH, I think, will be using Marauder with Lies, which gives them a big boost.

WD has new Arachyr, which looks quite strong, plus Lies shard.

I’m not sure about Crusader… Bomb Crusader uses Thorns damage, right? I’m not sure if that will work with Anguish shard. If so, it’ll most likely be stronger than both HOTA and Rend.

Monk has Inna, nuff said.

I haven’t paid much attention to Necro lately, not sure how powerful some of their builds are going to be.

Wiz has… well, Firebird wiz, which will be OK. I guess Hydras will get a solid buff from the Lies gem. I guess somebody might also try resurrecting Bazooka wiz… even without Deathwish, that big one-shot meteor damage pairs well with the Anguish shard.

Anyway, it sure does look like we are at, or at least near, the bottom of the heap.

1 Like

This was before some of the changes, but…

Twisters will probably win in the end. I think earlier in the season you’ll see more Firebird’s and Hydras. But Twisters is one of those builds that benefits heavily from high paragon and heavy fishing. It should win in the end.

Nice to see you again, Tinne. Were you… on vacation?

Which shards do you think Twisters will use?

Shard of Hatred in the helm for sure I think, twisters will get good value from the density scaling. And the build doesn’t have enough cooldowns to use Terror. Not sure about the weapon, there’s a couple that could work.

1 Like

Bro, I WISH. But I got 2 articles, 1 essay, and a book coming out next year, and a PhD to finish, and I’m plumb out of time. I don’t even know what the requirements are for TL 3 anymore!

EU Server
Season 24
Paragon 2445
Strength 22699
Solo Barbarian
Rank 344 (Overall)
Rank 306 (Wrath of the Wastes)
GR132 in 13 minutes 33 seconds

Clearance screenshot

Associated screenshots

No conduit pylon in the run.

5 Likes

2 days left, you can bust out a 135!

This evening I have been breaking out some world class “swearing like a trooper” due to not being able to get the planets to align and give me a good map, good mobs, good pylons, in the right order, Hamelin. Spent around 50 keys so far fishing, and closest I got was 20 seconds over on a GR134, with no conduit, and that would have been a clear if I didn’t get caught by a death in the last few seconds due to a very short down-time on WOTB.

I may have to resort to switching from tea to espresso.

3 Likes