[Guide] MOTE6 Earthquake

I’ve tried telling him but noooooo . . .

2 Likes

I always knew Rage was sketchy. See how the name is Rage, but barbarians use “Fury” as a resource?

10/10 would meme again.

Or… DO THEY? How the frig do you rift with no rage? - Barbarian - Diablo 3 Forums (blizzard.com)

Maybe I should hold a contest each season: see how high I can clear with <1k paragon and no augs, and then give out awards to people who can beat me.

Not sure what the proper prize would be…

Seismometers?

3 Likes

I’d be highly disappointed if the prize wasn’t a bouncy castle.

How about parkour lessons?

Maybe a pogo stick? Or how about a Tigger plushy.

3 Likes

Started throwing keys at a 139, spent 45 so far and my closest was 3 mins over. Decent festering spawn with flies and fatties, but no conduit. Ended up using power and shielding together to get as nice a lead as the map and mob type would allow. Got a moderately nice Zoltun Kulle boss pull. I think it’s definitely doable with a good conduit at current Paragon.

1 Like

Ah yes, we now have another one joining the ranks of endless fishing. It’s a love/hate game but I wouldn’t have it any other way. :wink:

Okay I lied, give me endless 4-corner festering with fatties and condi plz.

3 Likes

Ive already invited Cass to join our non season party.

MOTE is a lot of fun until the fishing starts

I’d settle for specific gear advice so I can push even higher. Just barely cleared out a 130 by 16 seconds. No Power on RG (Rime). Pretty much at a loss for what I can target for improvement other than paragon at this point.

45 down, 1000 to go!

I think so too. Assuming “flies and fatties” is the “poison” type I’m thinking of, there are also a few better mob types as well, and of course you could always draw Saxtris for a boss. And of course the Conduit. So, there is definitely room for improved conditions. Good luck!

Hey Foamy! I’ve noticed you creeping up the leaderboard over the last week and was wondering if you were going to put in an appearance here. Welcome back, it’s been a while! And, congrats on 130!

So, I took a look at your gear, and there are a few things that can be changed.

Are you running Enchantress? If so (which I recommend), you can pick up some significant extra damage by using her CDR ability, and then swapping CDR on your Shoulders for EQ% and on your Focus for AD. Just the CDR from Enchantress + Grandfather should get you to 34%+, which is all that’s really required.

The EQ% adds about 9% flat damage for you, and the AD will add about 17% in high density, 11% in low density, but of course, 0% vs single target. Those two changes should help significantly, especially in a good map with good mobs.

You should roll the LPFS on your belt higher, it’s currently near minimum. That’ll help you out a bit.

Speaking of healing, you may also want to rethink those LpS rolls on your gear- I don’t think you’re really getting a lot of value out of them. Between the 3 rolls you’ve got, plus paragon, that adds up to about 30k LpS, and I figure you probably have around 700k life. So that’s 23 seconds to regenerate from 0 → full, which is a long time. I would just roll to Armor, which can help your survivability a bit, especially at low paragon.

On the other hand, you may want to think about swapping out both Esoteric and War Cry, in which case there are a variety of options…

For the gem:

If running with a bit less CDR (because of the shoulder / ring reroll) feels bad to you, try Gogok. That’ll replace the CDR, and the dodge makes up for some of the lost defense from Esoteric.

If you want the most damage, Zei is the way to go.

Or, if you’d like more healing, you can run Gizzard (if you try this option, you can also just keep the LpS on your pants/boots).

For the shout:

You could always stick with WC… or, for more help in density, but a little less vs bosses (and just a hair more damage), swap to BR: StP.

For the most damage, you want BR: ItF.

So, on the “highest survivability” end of the spectrum (which is what you have now), you’ve got Esoteric + War Cry or BR: StP. And on the “highest damage” end, you’ve got Zei + BR: ItF.

In between, there are various combos of those Gem + Shout options. The only one I would really avoid is Gizzard + BR: StP, since that doubles up on healing without giving you either more damage or more toughness.

I actually just ran a 130 to try out Gizzard + BR: ItF and accidentally cleared it (I meant to get the boss down to a sliver of health and then let the timer run out, but slightly miscalculated… don’t worry, I left you your leaderboard spot!). So, that may be something you’d like to try. Anyway, you get the idea: there are lots of options.

As far as other gear improvement is concerned, your Parthans and Squirt’s are both decent, but could probably be replaced by even a non-ancient with good rolls. For the ammy, crit/crit/fire would add a bit of damage, even with losing 900 Str from the item and 600 more from the aug. For the bracer, a normal pair with fire/str/vit/crit, a secondary resist (or melee/ranged reduction) and 12% affix will be better for your toughness than the ancient you have now. But, these are fairly minor issues.

Anyway, I hope this is helpful. Let me know if you need further clarification on anything. Good luck!

1 Like

RIFLING through! Though I’m still lowkey trying to find a focus with proper stats on it. I finally random’d upon a restraint with CHC 5, CHD 49 and 19 AD. So I took it. xD;

This is always the dream. SO rarely does it happen. xD I just get excited for bosses that stay relatively still. Then of course, while speed farming i see instances of pulling Saxtris like… 3-4 times in a row.

Foamy, can I have your stuff? Im jealous lol.

Rage, you are crazy. I get a cave map and im out unless its the last level.

1 Like

Still wish they would just let us trade stuff. I’d have some goodies I’d toss your way if I could.

Haha if only trading were a thing!

Hey Rage :slight_smile: Been creeping up but wasn’t able to one up you until I augmented. I made quite a few of the suggested changes; the LPFS I didn’t even realize was a low roll on the belt. Been playing so long that I forgot to check that one. And the LpS I changed off of something completely useless early in season and then forgot about it.

That’s why I like gear checks :slight_smile: They keep me honest!

I will switch to the Enchantress at some point; I keep forgetting that they redid those a couple seasons ago and are useful now. The shoulders… it’s already $3M per roll so I may or may not keep trying to roll 15% EQ. Parthans I had Fire/12% regulars in my stash that I completely forgot about. One with ranged and one with melee secondaries, so I put one of those on.

Squirt’s, man. The only fire/crit/crit I’ve found rolled Str/8.5%/56% native so it’s almost worse than the ancient I’ve got. None of the other options in my stash come close, so it’s this one til an upgrade drops. I won’t bounty for it.

It’s good to be back on MotE. It’s been Wastes for so many seasons now that I just couldn’t anymore.

Take a look at the updates and let me know if there is anything I missed. I’ll get some enchantress gear at some point and get her set up.

Thanks Rage!

2 Likes

I just tried lightning for something fun to do. Got tired of looking for shoulders with EQ/AD, so I crafted aughilds with them. lol.

1 Like

I took a look, but you’ve got your WW/Rend gear equipped! Give me a D3planner link and I’ll try again.

RE: Squirt’s - understood. Sounds like your ancient one is definitely better for now. Just keep an eye out for one with good crit/crit/fire, whether it’s ancient or not.

Good to have you back!

Heh was in the middle of some speeds last night. Got it switched back to MotE. Keep missing 131, barely. Ran one in 16:11 and another in 15:21. 5 floor Vesalius with no pylons at all and a 4 floor Tethrys with no pylons on RG. Hnnh. Will have to reset the hook after work.

Any advice on what to reroll on the gloves? Wasn’t sure what to do with them so I haven’t touched them yet.