[Guide] MOTE6 Earthquake

I’m still using the first grandfather I looted, (third in all ethereals looted in season so far, with the first two being non-barb) and it’s only got a furnace 43%. I’ve had a real hell of a time trying to find Focus and Restraint with area damage. I’ve only spent around 700 bounty mats so far, but I’ve dropped a TON of shards with Kadala and ran tons of rifts/grifts. I’ve found THREE rings with AD on them, but no crit roll to go with.

Even playing as I am now, which is decently time investing, I’m just floored at the huge gap between paragons now. I felt like I was doing well at nearly 2200 xD; but I’m reminded how inefficient I am since primarily solo when I see dudes already 5K+.

Nevertheless, I doubt paragon would keep YOU from getting first clear on MOTE.

2 Likes

I like the way you carpet the area with earthquakes but the clunkiness ain’t so great. So far this season I’ve just been collect rend pieces but per this can to action all start saving the LQ gear and see what I can do.

MB, when’s the last time you actually tried playing a decent GR with Leapquake? Who knows, if you give it a try, you might actually enjoy it!

Yeah you could always try running a dual-wield setup… not as good as GF, certainly, but the enemy damage reduction from Doom certainly helps at low paragon. Also lets you throw In-Geom in there for some damage spikes when you finish off an elite.

Lol, well, that’s very kind of you. But, there’s only so much of a paragon/gear advantage I can overcome. If the leaderboard were just filled with a bunch of scrubs who happened to have a bunch of paragon, I’m sure I could take #1. But, players like you, SFX, and AmBADASSador are all very skilled… it’s not in the cards for me.

Hmm, what do you find clunky? The only thing that really bugs me is occasionally getting stuck on walls or other obstacles.

1 Like

I had to snort out loud at this. I’m looking at you random little edge jutting out on a tileset, or a random rock in a cavern map. xD;

This brings to mind my curiosity if you’d made sure to paragon cooldown and max fury. With the 33.39% CD breakpoint, I feel like this build’s only clunky nature comes from a lack of 100% uptime on WoTB. Otherwise, it feels pretty smooth and entertaining.

This honestly is a mentality that helps me from getting discouraged. Like, it’s all a numbers game, aim for my paragon lane with relativity and aim to be a good showcase of what can be achieved with X stats.

That aside, awh shucks 8D I love your forum shout outs to people representing MOTE, it’s amazing to see at least a few people up on the LB’s for the build. It was “quiet” for like the first week and a half…

I’ve been thinking of ideas of how to give us Leapquaker’s a little love without like just making the spec dominate all over. Most of my pushes result in an unaided boss fight, meaning no pylons. A well-played rift and spawn luck could alleviate this in a way, but you need SO long to fight a RG in the first place. I know this to be true when even a 5x buff kinda just barely inches that HP pool. Obviously with 3 minutes into the fight a 5x power would be really noticeable. But like xD, there are builds that don’t even run a stricken and that blows my mind.

So, as a caveat, I’ve been thinking of the possibility of increasing how quickly our stacks could be applied to a Rift Guardian, or the possibility of having another support weapon for the cube that offers either a better damage bonus than Furnace, or a way to apply damage faster against single targets. Thoughts?

1 Like

I think it was when there was last an era reset with a GR100 just to test it.
I just don’t enjoy the mechanics.

1 Like

I think it would be pretty tough to actually speed up the Stricken stacking with this build, because of the way Stricken itself works. The gem’s ICD is based on whatever attack triggered that ICD, and with Leapquake there are lots of attacks hitting: Leap, EQ, AV, and SS, none of which has a fast animation. So, even if you gave Leapquake some super-fast hitting skill, the odds are that you’d still end up with one of those slow abilities triggering the ICD, meaning your “fast” skill would still have problems getting stacks.

I’m sure the devs could program in a workaround to that problem, but it would be tough to figure out where to set the new rate. I mean, if they allowed every single EQ tick to stack Stricken or something like that, you’d end up with 16-18 stacks/second, which would be insane- you’d actually get stacks faster than Frenzy Barb.

A while back, I actually proposed an addition to Lut Socks: "“When Leap hits 5 or fewer targets, they take damage equal to (0.50 - 0.75%) of their current life.”

This would really help with those single targets while not being OP. In 100 hits you’d remove about half of an RG’s life (.9925^100 = .471). And because the speed you can Leap at is capped (approximately 1/second) there would be no way to abuse it.

So, this would essentially be an additional Stricken-like ability, rather than trying to mess with Stricken itself.

Fair enough! I’ve always felt the same way about WW, at least for pushing.

1 Like

Omg yes. A buff to the socks would actually be quite fun I think; and that really does sound pretty reasonable. Especially if you get a potentially bad boss who likes to move out of EQ’s.

This LITERALLY would be insane and HIGHLY amusing. I would never want it UNLESS, Grift 150+ happened. But in the current game I feel like this would easily cheese maybe… 7-9 Grift tiers on it’s own? xD I mean, you wouldn’t even feel bothered to stick around and fight an elite alone anymore at that point.

I generally like to mention the stricken idea since it gets a conversation flowing, plus it allows me to learn more about how it works when you guys explain some math behind it as well as how the ICD functions.

Whhooooaaaa Nelly, you hold up right there with that comment. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Speaking of Lut Socks, I was curious about EQ ticks in general too. Do we have a cap of EQ damage that comes out based on existing pools? Or could for a hypothetical example: “Doubles the amount of Earthquakes that are cast” actually work as a buff?

Gentlemen, gentlemen! There’s no need for this arguing! Some may prefer leaping, some may prefer spinning, but at the end of the day, we all can agree that HotA is the best :yum:

3 Likes

There’s no cap. The more EQs there are on the ground, the more damage you do. (See, for instance, running speeds with In-Geom and spamming TS)

1 Like

The main thing I guess is leap and its animation. Sometimes the leap cooldown isn’t reset cuz I screw up fury management and/or the skill rotation for the SS fury dump. Also with wotb not being up 100%. Some of this of course is my own lack of skill and practice with the build.

Yep definitely had those in paragon and made sure I met the cdr breakpoint.

The mechanics are a lot easier to learn with a lot of cooldown. Its good to learn with high cdr then scale back once you figure out whats going on.

Good point - I’ll keep that in mind when I give it another go later this season or NS.

Rage trying to start stuff!!!

3 Likes

He can’t be trusted. XDDDD

1 Like

You know me, I’m a troublemaker!

1 Like

Ok my new goal for season 24 is to beat Rage on the MotE leaderboard! Can I do it if I’m P2500 and he’s P1000???

3 Likes

Oh, for sure! Get some augs in there and I’m sure you’ve got 128 in the tank.

1 Like

See people, he’s trying to get me to augment LQ before Rend! Haha :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes