[Guide] MOTE6 Earthquake

HELELLLLLLLL YEAH BROTHER. xD What a powerplay with leaving shield and power pylons. I was curious why you’d waited so long to pop WoTB with power running out. But saving a few seconds or so feels moot when you’ve tossed THAT many keys at it and your heart is PUMPING for that clear. Hella inspiring work. <3

1 Like

Damn, congrats! I was looking at the leaderboards and happened to see you cleared 138. Had to check out the deets!

This is an insane paragon-adjusted clear. You’re nibbling on Ulma’s toes at a third of his paragon. Way to go.

1 Like

Power, Shield, Squirt’s, just seconds to spare.
Excellent.

1 Like

LOL, yeah, me too!

No “got the clear in 12 minutes” relaxing final push like for Deal. It always seems to be a nail-biter for me.

I made the mistake of watching the rift timer rather than the Power icon. I’m really used to grabbing the Power right at 1:00 remaining, which means that the best time to pop Wrath is right at 0:20 remaining, when you maximize the effect of Wrath + Power + Stricken + Ruthless. But in this case, because of the trek I had to make to get the pylons, that wasn’t the best timing. I should indeed have popped WOTB considerably earlier- had I done so, I probably would have gotten the clear about 10-15 seconds faster.

What I actually intended to do with this boss fight was to get to 99% on level two, then die and teleport back to the level entrance. After that, kill a few skeletons to spawn the boss back on level one. But, the final progress orb from those blue mobs that I picked up at 13:13 took me from 98 → 100. Orbs are actually 1.15% progression, so I guess I was sitting somewhere between 98.85 and 99.00.

Once I spawned the boss after picking up that last orb, I knew I still had to let her kill me at some point in order to get back to the level entrance. And luckily, that entrance is basically the perfect setting for that fight. Binder can cause a real problem by running around. For that matter, so can the Enchantress- which can aggro some of the adds away from the boss. But in this case, Binder was happily wedged in the stairwell and Enchantress in the level entrance, meaning there was nowhere for either of them to go, and the adds all spawned right on top of her, and stayed there.

All in all, I certainly can’t complain!

4 Likes

For realll XD It almost felt like I was right there in front row as the timer ticked down, I could almost feel my heart pounding because of being so close in killing a new Grift. Your understanding and math behind percentages is still quite a solid league above mine, I only mentioned the WoTB since my brain was like “we’d want to get full benefit from WOTB’s time inside of Power right?” But I figured it was safe to bring it up, since you might have had a better reasoning. xD

Good to know that even in skillful mindsets like yours, perfect execution is something that can be thrown off in the midst of all the stimulation coming to your head. Hype on! Can’t wait to see your big 140 clear.

1 Like

Assuming that I always know what I’m doing was your first mistake! :wink:

4 Likes

I have to say that something is missing in this thread… Hmmm, oh yeah the pin!!!

Gz on the clear, happy hunting all.

2 Likes

Just wanted to give a shoutout to Cass, who is kicking butt on the seasonal MOTE leaderboard!

129 so far, with 1100-ish paragon. Keep up the good work, Cass!

3 Likes

Great job Cass! Keep up to grind for us non-seasonal folk =]

1 Like

NGL, I was not ready for the random feel goods from checking the forums today xD <3 Thanks much!!! I’mma keep blasting! I was 30 seconds away from a 131 earlier! LEAP ON!!!

You got it! >:D I’ll do my best.

5 Likes

Keep grinding Cass the season Mote build is even closer to WW then in non season due to WW losing istvans. You might find an opportunity to go for rank 1 at some point.

2 Likes

I just polished off my own personal “season journey”.

Besides earning a stash tab, I decided to see how far I could get with a heap of mediocre-to-modest gear, just one augment (rank 65, for actual season journey), and under 1k paragon (around 9k STR).

I one-keyed everything up to 122, then gradually worked my way up through GR 127, which at the moment is rank 2 for MOTE and #16 NA. Spent perhaps 75 keys total on everything from GR 75 up to 127.

So, I think that’s it for me for this season. I had thought about doing some runs with Frenzy as well, but I cannot find a Ramaladni’s Gift to save my life- have seen maybe 7 or 8 primals and around 30 ethereals, but only one Gift.

4 Likes

Oh man xD 22 seconds over on a 133… had a power pylon for the boss and nearly 4 and a half minute lead. Dang.

Damn, that sucks. What RG did you draw?

Gonna guess… Choker?

1 Like

I ended up pulling Bloodmaw, so it was a decent eh-ish boss, but he did the 6 leaps (instead of normal 3) right at the nice burst part of my WOTB and stricken, so I lost a good chunk of fire pit damage right there. It looked SO close when I had the burst start.

1 Like

Bummer. Bloodmaw can be a pretty tough boss.

You know not to chase him when he starts leaping around, right? On his last leap he always goes back to where he started from, so it’s generally best to just keep leaping in one spot and stacking up your quakes there to keep your damage high when he returns.

Also, according to Maxroll, if he loses aggro on the player, he’ll cancel his leap sequence. If you were having the fight right by a level entrance/exit, you could quickly duck out and in through the door to prevent him from jumping around. I haven’t tried that, but it might work.

Good luck on your further 133 attempts!

1 Like

Absolutely! xD And I thought I’d make the play a little easier since the second map was the small caves, so when he did leap he only had x amount of space to go. But no worries, we’ll get it! >:D

Heck yeah! Never say die!

EDIT: Rage, I’ve had some curious bits of Area damage that are outlandishly bigger hits than my normal EQ ticks. This is more of a curiosity from my brain, but are the area damage ticks based on the total damage of the spell when proc’d?

AD procs get totalled up periodically and displayed all at once, probably to avoid cluttering up the screen too much. So, you might hit 10 guys, all packed together, with EQ, and if it’s a lucky roll, and you get a bunch of crits on a particular tick, and a bunch of AD procs from those crits, you can end up with a whopping big white damage number.

1 Like

Ok, that’s weird: I just noticed Ulmaguest’s clear is gone from the MOTE board. Maybe he shut down his account?

Well, he’s essentially been gone for quite a while now anyway. But I guess I’ll say: Hail, and Farewell!

I saw you made the swap over to Zei and BR:StP, and bagged 133, congrats! How did that setup feel to you?

1 Like