[Guide] MOTE6 Earthquake

walls walls walls. not perfect. 150 lets go!!!

I was thinking about this earlier when I saw the video. Such a monstrous difference in strength and I’m not seasoned enough in the numbers knowledge to know the real impact of that kind of strength level, so it was nice to see you talk about it.

I will say that while impressive, inspiring and HELLA nice to see MOTE capable of clears this high, I can’t imagine doing MOTE without my comfortable setup. I love esoteric’s ability to cover the mistakes I can sometimes make with leaping incorrectly and giving me a second or two to breathe in rough packs.

The best take away I’ve had from looking over the forums more than I have ever done prior to this PTR, is the little tips and tricks I picked up, from the mentality of being MORE adamant about crushing packs and ignoring elites when I need to instead of spending precious time on them. (And finally swapping to enchantress follower, omg, xD I had no idea her revamp came with elemental+) While I definitely FEEL the lack of the Life per second from Kormac and his cheat death being a bit safer for me, I like the overall adjustment.

Anyways! Thanks for reading my ramblings and such 8D Keep MOTE pumping you excellent fellow nerds.

4 Likes

I would say more then 60K. I’m at 7530 paragon and have 50.6k main stat.
He’s at least 62k+ would be my estimate depending on his gear rolls.

Currently I am using it like this: strength 57612 vitality 6290

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up!

I’m happy to walk you through the various alternatives, if you like. But, if you’ve found your happy place with your current setup, that’s cool too.

I’ve been thinking about testing out using Parthan’s with Zei’s over Esoteric. I definitely think I’ll have good survivability when leaping in large packs and Zei’s will grant me nice damage when I have to leap away to utilize a power circle from my follower. I’m just not sure what the overall gain would be.

Well, Zei’s definitely adds some good damage- the highest clears at both low paragon and high paragon use that gem. Zei’s actually adds its base level of damage at 0 yards, with the 2nd tier of damage starting at 11 yards, the 3rd at 21, etc. So even if you’re fighting an RG who is up in your grill, you’re still getting some benefit. Don’t try to get too clever with keeping range from targets- just keep leaping in good density as much as you can and let the gem do its thing.

If you want to try out Zei’s and still want to feel very tanky, I recommend running Parthans + BR: StP. In density, this combination makes you very hard to kill. Outside density, like vs single-target RGs, you have to be a bit careful.

If you get used to using Parthans to keep your toughness up and want to add more damage, you can switch StP to Itf.

And, if you want to see some gameplay using Parthans + Zei’s, most of my higher clears use this combo. 134 in particular was with Parthans + Zei’s + BR:StP. Those videos are linked from this post.

1 Like

I had always assumed this part, (I think?) Or at the very least I believe I’d seen it in a D3 video a couple years ago that explained yards in radius for the D3 screen in front of us. But, I do like the confirmation that at the very least this does work right beneath our feet. Which definitely would give this gem a great deal of value in a splashzone of a big pack. <3

I definitely love this suggestion, after having used BR: StP in my Whirlrend grifts for pushing. I’d have to get used to not running war cry in my rotation but I believe you? or someone else earlier had mentioned the value of BR now with the recent buff to BoTribes is greater than the benefit of WC’s extra avalanches/EQ’s. Plus 10% damage and 3% crit on top of the heals would make up for the armor/dodge loss.

I love your videos! (Albeit a bit quiet xDDD)
I watched them while I was waiting for the PTR to come up initially to take in a bit of extra knowledge in preparation for the new season. It’s my favorite build, so I enjoy that there are several ways to enjoy it c: Sure you can net more damage out of different setups, but flexibility is a fun way to enjoy the game I think too.

Thanks for sharing your experience :)!

EDIT: 135 cleared in 10:01… what a god rift. Double festering woods, open space and plenty of little babies to area damageeee. Spawned a conduit with three elites in tow and plenty of trash. For the times I wish I recorded… xD;

Hit the second floor with a HELL of a lead, saw the map and jumped for joy “NO F WAY” XD

And then of course, because it’s the dream rift, I get saxtris. No pylon to kill boss with but, who needs a boss pylon amirite? :T

1 Like

Good job- rank 3 on the Barb PTR board!

2 Likes

Replace band of might with coe. Even more damage!!! Just kidding…

1 Like

I had a hearty laugh over this. I could just imagine flying through a rift after getting smacked by a mob in anything over 115 without BoM. They’ll have to revive that old shooting stars meme, just with my dead barb body flying through space and time.

If you want to break the GR record, I think the lower the level, the more aggressive the setting. Set it up aggressively, but choose the best maps and monsters and make them as painless as possible. In the past, in the same way as above, I recorded 10th in the Non-season GR with 1600 paragon by Removing the BOM and wearing the COE. Breaking the GR record is a repetition of labor, so try a setting that can increase your attack power in any way.

Managed to clear a 137 in 13:58. Was 4 seconds off a 138, darn you sandshaper for moving just out of reach for those ticks to finish you off xD;

I definitely think LQ will have the power to break 140-143 ish range at 2500 gons and well rolled gear/augments. Fairly happy with the current power level of the build c: Definitely gives me a good idea of what I’ll be facing come S24.

2 Likes

With enough paragon, iron impact is almost like having stone gauntlets on. Maybe with a nice bug / chicken map you could drop band of might…

Sounds right to me.

Well, MOTE(4) is better than Stone Gauntlets- basically quadruples your armor. But dropping BoM is problematic. It used to be that the best Leapquake setup used CoE instead of BoM, but since then the build has gotten roughly +20 GRs worth of damage, which means we also take about 57% more damage.

Back in era 11, Archael was the first one to crack 130 (with 10k paragon), and he used a crazy setup with Zei + CoE (so, no BoM). But, in order to do that, he had to load up defense in lots of other places, like using TS: Demoralize instead of Falter, WC: Impunity instead of BR: ItF, and shifted about 25% of his available STR into VIT. He also had to take the Bloodthirst passive, for healing high enough to make much difference to his enormous life pool. As a result, he gave up about as much damage as he got from equipping CoE.

Nowadays, you’d be forfeiting even more damage to play that setup, since Tribes is no longer additive, and you’d have to forego Squirt’s as well. You can always play the “classic” CoE version that uses Esoteric, but even then you’re giving up Zei + Strongarms or Zei + BR:ItF. And if you want to take NoS, you have to either take a Hellfire, losing Squirt’s (or Brawler), or lose Ruthless.

So at the end of the day you don’t really do any more damage, but you sure as hell take a lot more damage.

So, doing some testing with my 138 fishings and I swapped to BR: ItF, it was almost like a world of difference over WC. Felt like I was just absolutely shredding packs with mobs in them. I’m currently working on obtaining a pair of parthan’s to test how it feels with the same gem loadout just moving from Mortick’s to Parth, and WC to BR: ItF.

Weirdly, I didn’t feel that much squishier without the WC buff as much as I thought I would.

I’m guessing you’re using Veteran’s Warning?

The dodge that gives you is definitely helpful, but it doesn’t work on a bunch of damage sources, like Arcane Beams, Beast Charges, Mallet Lord hits, Poison Enchanted (I think), and some other stuff too. The place where it makes the biggest difference is just regular old physical damage from mobs hitting you. But that’s already somewhat mitigated by the fact that you stun mobs when you Leap on them.

So, that might be why it doesn’t seem like dropping WC is making a big difference.

Yep! I’d always assumed the dodge was superior after hitting a certain all res.

OHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Mallet lord hits make sooo much sense. Also, yeah I had tried with Leaps: CoA rune and I definitely noticed the lack of mitigation provided by the stuns from Leap: DfA. I’m VERY excited to get to testing out parthans to see how it feels with WoTB’s downtime. Since I’ve had packs where I’ve had to play very uh… outside of the pack xD;

GR 138 down!

Roughly 3700 paragon, augments 100-120, gems at 133-136.

I think this is as far as I go, at least for now. I dumped considerably more keys into this clear than any of my previous ones- well over 2000- and now I’m a bit worn out. Frustratingly, I almost got it around key 200, but died with a Conduit active, and ended up missing the clear by about 20 seconds. But, now it’s done!

It’s also my first high clear with nary a Festering to be seen. Just Battlefield - Desert.

The boss kill is… something. It did not go quite as I intended, but the job got done in the end.

Also, be aware that there are a couple of long pauses around the 11:30 mark, while I was trying to think of what to do next!

16 Likes

Was holding my breath at the end there as the timer started ticking down :face_with_hand_over_mouth: Incredible work, hard fought and well deserved :tada:

1 Like