[Guide] MOTE6 Earthquake

I’m still surprised the maxroll guys have frenzy higher up on the teir list. I don’t see frenzy being equal to either wwrend or MOTE.

2 Likes

Bagged 136. Rank 1 NA on MOTE board by, well, let’s call it a slim margin:

Speaking of which, congrats to Kavanagh on his 136, using a dual-wield (IB) setup!

I did a bit of playing around with a good Fire Squirt’s I have, and it does feel to me that at “max fishing”, that amulet may well give the best returns. Just by itself, doubling your damage while being completely immune to damage feels great. You can burn down single blue packs inside decent density in a single WOTB cycle, and when you get multiple packs together, Furnace + AD glasses them right quick. And if you combine Shield + Power or Shield + Channeling, the damage dealt is quite significant.

All that, of course, is contingent on actually getting a Shield pylon at an opportune moment, which means piling more RNG on top of an already RNG-crazy build. My clear was with Hellfire/Brawler.

Video:

Lol, yeah.

Chance of Frenzy being as good as Leapquake: 20%

Chance of Frenzy being as good as Rend: -100%

6 Likes

Grats man. You now have the second lowest paragon 136+ in the world for all builds. Almost a GG rift. It looks like 138ish would be your absolute max. Honestly this build is closer to wwrend then most think. It is looking closer to -4 GRs now that more will be testing it’s limits. If one of those 14k+ guys takes it out who knows…

2 Likes

Thanks, man!

As far as the spread between Leap and Rend… at a certain point it may become a bit tough to tell, once more folks start to clear 150 with Rend. After that, of course, the time can still come down, but we still don’t have a very clear way of reckoning lowered time with higher tier level. i.e., would an 11 minute 150 be like the equivalent of a GR 151? 152? 153?

I’ll have to think on that a bit.

As for Leap, Deal says he thinks 148 can be done. Pre-follower-buff, I figured 143 was about the limit, so I guess it depends on exactly how many +GRs this patch has added. 145 is obviously possible for Deal, and from his 10k to a truly ludicrous 15k is about +2 GRs. So who knows, we may see Leapquake 150 at some point.

why wouldn’t lets say a 12 minute 150 be considered a 151+? That’s 20% off which is just slightly over 1 GR worth of damage. That is how I would look at it.

Nexrate cleared a 146 at 7500 paragon which I believe was probably close to or truly a max clear at his paragon. I spent 2 hours fishing the other night and got a taste on what my true max would be. I can probably close 145 with some GG stuff right now. 143 is still horribly hard though.

1 Like

Hmm, well, if all we did was stand in one place and deal damage, then that might be true. But, there’s other stuff to reckon with, like moving around the rift, the fact that Conduit does damage that scales with rift level, Stricken and AD both partially counter increased rift level, etc.

After all, if you flip it around, it stops making sense. Like, your best recent time on 120 is 3:33, (or 3.55 minutes). 15 / 3.55 = 4.22, and 1.17^9 = 4.11. So from that, we’d estimate that your max clear would be 129 - 130. But, that’s not anywhere close to the case, I’m sure you can steamroll 130 while you’re in the next room making a sandwich.

So, my gut reaction would be that each additional minute of time saving should probably get something like a 1.17 multiplier of + GR level.

i.e. 14 minute clear, +1 GR
13 minute clear, +1 GR, +1.17 GR = +2.17 GR total
12 minute clear, +1 GR, +1.17 GR, +1.37 GR = +3.54 GR total
etc…

That’s definitely more realistic

1 Like

Hold my beer, I’ll be back in approximately 27.34 years when I have enough paragons…

4 Likes

:slight_smile: I will get there in 12.75 years. Pretty sure D4 will be dead by that time. Lol!!!

3 Likes

This is what Rage said. The combination of shield pylon and channeling pylon is huge. Because of the necklace. Total elite 8 packs 1 Blue (already kill) Yellow (5 map elite 2 pylon elite) The above map monster combinations are not bad, but the individual gauge contribution is not good. If it was a monster with a large gauge one by one, you would be able to perform 85%++ progress in the map above. The replacement of the necklace boasts tremendous potential. If you are aiming to break the GR record, use the necklace above instead of Hellfire. Thank you again Rage. The above text was written with a translator. Sorry for not being familiar with English.

4 Likes

Well Deal, my favorite two things in this game are pushing for my best, and helping other people to achieve their best. So you are very very welcome.

1 Like

@ Rage, nice video, you played well. Current pound for pound champ IMO. DEAL is playing very well also! Turns out quake is pretty strong.
I decided to mess around with MOTE a little before I push with WW again. I had not played any leapquake for a long while, and I’m having a great time tinkering with setups. I think Istvans has some potential, but my testing is very unscientific and I tune by feel. Last night I did 137 with Furnace while LBs were down. Today I had a very near miss on 139 with Istvans again. I think Istvan’s and Furnace may be fairly close.
Maybe IB set could be a bridge to COE over BOM. Templar would probably be useful here. I’m think of using him anyway. I cant see the Scoundrels crit cloud in the pack, and Enchantress is messing up the density.
How much HP do you guys run with ?

1 Like

Ugh, just missed a 133 by 5 seconds. =(

Well, shoot. Keep going, you’ll get there for sure.

Hey Kavanagh, thanks for the kind words!

Yeah, agree, though I do think Furnace will generally come out ahead. I did a quite in-depth analysis of IB vs Furnace right when Tribes got buffed. Since then, btw, I’ve learned that all EQ damage comes from the main hand, so it’s actually possible to pick up an extra stat roll by rolling off damage range on your off-hand.

As far as a “bridge to CoE”, I dunno. The IB armor bonus is additive with MOTE4, so doesn’t add a ton of toughness. Deal was running a CoE setup last era and cleared 136, then switched to a Strongarms setup and cleared 140…

I’m not sure about exact HP, but I generally run with about 5500 Vit, and roughly 760 million toughness. You might want a bit more, since you are using Strongarms, but at your paragon, Str should take care of that.

Anyway, good luck on your pushes. Please record video if you can, particularly if dual-wielding!

Bro I have to get you on my /f l some how, accept!

Anyways, when pushing leap quake, are we supposed to only play out big maps such as fester/battle/spires? I’m not having much luck with playing through all maps as well as frenzy.

It depends a bit on how high you’re pushing. At a certain point, it becomes near-impossible to get a clear on anything but Festering/Battlefield/Spire. Before you get to that point, though, the key is really to stay “loose”. What I mean is that you will often need to move quickly through a level, and maybe pick just one ideal spot to have a fight. In some maps, like pandemonium fortress or cathedral, this spot is pretty obvious- there are certain big rooms where you can often find good density. So you get to those rooms as fast as you can, kill the mobs there, and then move on. Other times, the levels are not as organized - I find that eternal woods is like this- and you have to learn to just pick a good spot where the density seems particularly high.

One of the times I almost bagged 134 last era was like that- I believe it was vault of assassin - festering - vault of assassin, and I ended up reaching the boss with something like 4:30 remaining, plus Shield and Power pylons. Unfortunately, I got Choker for RG, who is basically unkillable at high push.

Sometimes, there’s just nothing you can do.

I just cleared 145. Why am I always getting bad GR BOSS? You have reached the 100% gauge with 5 minutes left. Fighting the GR boss with some conduit and power pylon intact. If it was another GR BOSS, it would take 3-4 minutes, but this boss was only able to be cleared. However, the Ember GR Boss couldn’t catch even 5 minutes 40 seconds with the power pylon left behind. Vesalius is better than embers.

2 Likes

My comments have been deleted by someone from several months ago. i don’t know why.
Because i am writing a comment again.
I cleared GR 145. the squirts neckalce had a great effect in harmony with the shield pylon on the frist floor and even aa little bit of stack was maintained in the fight against Vesalius.

6 Likes

Well done, Deal! Are you going to try for 146 now?

1 Like

Yes, I am going to challenge. However, there are 200 GR stones left.

1 Like