[Guide] H90 Frenzy: A simple guide

Do you have a video? Would love to see you clearing some of these!

1 Like

Well done, that’s incredible!

Regarding the breakpoint question: well, it’s certainly possible that I’m wrong. Even if I’m right, you are obviously one of the 2 or 3 best players of the set, worldwide, and if that +1 AS roll setup lets you feel confident and play well, that can have a very positive effect.

So: if it’s working for you, then don’t change a thing!

I’ll reiterate Blaze’s request: please record some video!

Hi,
I was clean of D3 since almost 3 year but confinement made me fall again in this sh_t :confused:
I started HOTA, then moved to WW/Rend (easy!!!) and after a friend loot a primal flavor of time 10/100/physical 20 with his WW rend barb, jealousy made me quit WW and I discovered this new set.
Thanks Rage btw for all the informations.
My objective changed into enter the leaderboard once in my life with this build, I will have an excuse if I fail: WW>H90

Anyway, here is my barb, do you see anything to change on him?
_https://www.d3planner.com/594313015
My zerk is sync on a long cycle but still sync, i’m on a 8:7 frame.

Anything?
Thanks

Edit: my best is actually 123 without fishing, it’s quite difficult without the good map

Hey Asbode,

Your gear looks pretty good, but I do think you would benefit from picking up a few % of CDR. Based on your link it looks like you are at 29.13% CDR, but you need to get to 33.33% to hit the breakpoint at which you miss 2 CoE damage phases (the 46.67% breakpoint lets you miss just 1 damage phase).

I think it would be worth rolling the AD on your shoulders over to CDR, since AD in this build is only pretty good rather than absolutely essential.

I think you should be able to do at least 125 with your present gear and paragon.

Hi Rage,

On my link, my CD is actually 63,79sec, let’s say 64 sec, in term of zerk, that means 3 full cycle + 1 element for the last 4 sec (3*20 sec + 4 sec).
If i start my zerk on a cold cycle (cold/fire/lightning/phys/cold), I have my 44 sec CD remaining like this: cycle 2 fire/lightning/phys/cold/fire and cycle 3 is lightning/phys/cold/fire/lightning, Phys is coming next for the last 4 sec and I am ready for the next cold cycle coming.

Do we agree Rage?

If the point is that I’m theorically sync but in fact with the the small difference between 63,79 and 64, I often miss to start my zerk on time and wait a full cycle to resync, then I will give a try. Did you mean this?

Thx

Hey Asbode,

Yep, you’re right! You are indeed in-sync, though as you mention, you are cutting it pretty close on the timing.

Hi All,
Started s21 again with frenzy barb :slight_smile:
Cleared gr115 yesterday with my primal OK. (found with STR, LpF and fury spent )
My goal this season is to clear 125+ thats where I ended s20.

3 Likes

Hello there…i only play non-season and switched to Frenzy-Barbarian. But atm i still use windfury + lightningrune for stun. My question is: You talk about ias and certain breakpoints that need to be hit in order to improve Fury. At which Ias-Levels are those breakpoints? 7/14/21 …or maybe 20? how can i find that out. Thx in advance

Good luck, Barudi!

Hi Psikill, let me try to clear a few things up for you.

#1: When using the Undisputed Champion belt, you get all runes of Frenzy, so you don’t need to select the lightning rune to get that stun, you get it automatically. On the other hand, that stun can’t activate on enemies hit by the chains from Bastion’s Revered (only on the enemy you’re directly attacking). That’s one of the reasons why Azurewrath and Echoing Fury are good: because the freeze / fear from those weapons can work on any of the enemies hit by the chain, not just the one you are directly attacking.

#2: To see the different breakpoints for Frenzy, you can import your character into D3planner, then click on the Frenzy skill. Then you mouse over the spot where it says “breakpoint”, and it will show you the data on how fast you’re attacking, and how much extra AS you would need to add to get to the next breakpoint.

#3: A few other notes. For Furious Charge, I really recommend Merciless Assault. This lets you reset your cooldown on charge a lot more easily, which both helps you move through the rift, and reposition in a fight to avoid major damage sources like Mallet Lord hits or Molten explosions. Also, you should definitely not be using the Weapons Master rune. The damage bonus this gives with swords is only 8% additive, and so doesn’t help you much. Boon of Bul Kathos will be way more helpful to you.

I hope these comments are helpful. You should probably reread the original guide again in its entirety, this may be helpful to you.

Good luck!

4 Likes

Thank you very much for your detailed answer Rage :-). I didnt even see i was using the wrong rune with charge xD. And ty for the Tip about weapon master. Thought its 8% multiplicative.

When it comes to windfury…i dont know. Somehow it doesnt feel much slower with Windfury and i raelly enjoy its debuff. Are there any Ingame Dps-meters for better comparison?

Also forgot to mention. When i use Windfury i use it with this Wyrd-Ring in the Cube that gives 35% to Stun enemies when they are hit by lightning. This def gives an AoE stun that feels way stronger that freeze or fear when it comes to cc

1 Like

We are talking about the sword Thunderfury, yes?

Anyway, yep that will proc a stun when combined with Wyrdward, although this Is not actually because of the legendary affix on Thunderfury, which makes a lightning chain. Instead, it’s actually just because this sword always rolls lightning damage on its damage range roll, and it’s this that activates Wyrdward.

If you had an Azurewrath and rerolled the damage range (not the elemental damage bonus- this is always cold) till you got lightning damage, then this too would proc Wyrdward.

All that said, I don’t recommend using the Wyrdward ring because, well, where will you put it? If you drop Compass Rose or CoE, you lose a lot of damage, and if you drop BoM, you will spend most of your time being dead. And for what? All it really gives you is a slightly higher hard cc chance than you get from AZ or EF.

If you’re having fun with that combo, then by all means, stick with it. But if you want to pick up a few extra GR levels in a push, I’d suggest you switch, at least once you find a good AZ or EF.

And, sadly, there is no good in-game dps meter…

Oh yes, thunderfury of course. Y i dropped CoE - Slot in the Cube for Wyrdward. Ok i didnt know its just because of the lightning-dmg of thunderfury. I thought its procc would also activate Wyrdward. But what i like about the procc really is the -30% Attackspeed and -30% Movmentspeed to enemies. Currently i sit on Griftlevel 112. Also tried echoing fury + Azurewrath but couldnt go any further with it. The dmg-boost from CoE doesnt seem that big if you dont watch cycles / play with a lot of berserker.

Edit…forget what ive said. Found a good Echoing Fury and just cleared 114

COE is a 3x multiplier to your damage on your element of choice (Cold). This far outweighs anything Wyrdward can ever offer.

Yes its a multiplier of 3x, but for 6 dmgtypes. so overall its a multiplier of 1,5

HI everyone!
Guys, i need ur help with rolls at my gear.
I’m 2k para barb with Aughild+Azurewrath setup.
I have 7% IAS at my Oathkeeper and 2x7% ASI (gloves+ring), but also i have 2nd ring with 7% ASI in my stash. Can i get next attack speed brakepoint with 1x7% IAS and 3x7% ASI (with enchantress buff mb)?

Hi Yzer,

So, there’s actually been some debate about this. Based on everything I know, including some tests I’ve run, as well as the attack speed info on D3Planner, I would say NO, adding that third ring won’t actually get you to the next breakpoint, even with Enchantress thrown on top.

But, one of the best Frenzy players in the world, a Korean player named 엔류, has been using a 3rd AS roll, and experienced positive results.

I did run a test on this setup, and to me it didn’t seem to add any damage, but it’s possible I’m just missing something. Or, hell, maybe the code for the Korean version of the game is very slightly different!

So: that extra AS probably won’t help you. But, if you like, you could give it a try and see how it feels.

Thx for answer, Rage!
Ill stay with 2x7% ASI then, cuz otherwise i need to trade 50 CHD for 7% ASI. Seems not worth it.
Also, i have found attack speed brakepoint table at reddit, but cant understand, how to use it correct. And im not sure, it works fine right now (after few changes in sets and mechanics)^

1 Like

Here’s a video of the world #1 frenzy clear GR130 for season 21. He lucked out with the orlash theme right as the RG spawned, but still impressive.

2 Likes

Great clear. Absolutely terrific mobs and excellent maps. A few bad elite packs slowed him down, and he didn’t get the best Pylons, but that didn’t stop him. This build absolutely shreds RGs (doubly so with the Season Theme).

Interesting that he used the Vambraces of Sescheron instead of Mortick’s. That extra healing must have been crucial (or he couldn’t find a Mortic’s of similar quality).

This build looks harder to play than spin2win. On top of that you don’t get nearly as much boost from the condi as you would with spin.

One thing I like about it is that there are fewer layers of RNG you need to navigate in order to have a decent run (at least it appears that way) since most of your progress is from killing elites.