[Guide] 2.6.7 MOTE6-Fjord-Echoing Fury-Slam +136

Hell yes! My frenzy barb gears actually really good. Had a ton of fun with it. (Thanks for your awesome guide btw)

But I end up playing with my slam barb a lot recently though. Feels good slam those demons :grin:

Yeah, Slam is great!

I’m so glad Pro wouldn’t shut up about it till he made sure everybody knew it. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

So I did so much play time on Frenzy and WW and somehow looted a few primals for MoTE. Naturally, I thought I’d give MoTE/Seismic Slam a try. I know this hasn’t been talked about since last year but the build is crazy bonkers and with Templar follower, going glass canon seems really viable. I mean, I pushed GR115 at 1.9k Paragon (12min with no conduit) with only 3 item augments and it felt relatively easy. Isn’t this as good as the Earthquake version?

No, it’s a few GRs weaker (probably 2-4).

Why’d you withdraw your question?

If I remember right, it was something about dropping AD in favor of Vit and CDR… and you said something about that being because you were going to stay at distance from your enemies.

But, AD isn’t based on the mobs distance from you, it’s based on their distance from each other. You do want some decent AD with this build, probably around 114%, but more than that could work well too.

This coming week I’ll try to take a look at the OP, which I think is still a wiki, and make some edits to bring it up to speed for 2.7.0.

Hey Rage. Yeah withdrew it after revisiting the AD mechanics as you said. So I’ll do some tweaking again to try and squeeze the most optimal mix for my playstyle. I’ve checked leader boards and am pleasantly surprised that MoTE is very much up there with Frenzy as 2nd/3rd best build for Barb.

Yeah, MOTE (Leapquake) is very slightly better than Frenzy, at least when it comes to maximum pushing. Slam is maybe 1-3 GRs weaker than Frenzy.

Hadn’t played any Slam in quite some time… threw about 10 keys at a 131 and bagged the clear. I used War Cry rather than IP, which results in a glassier setup but easier cooldown management.

This is still a very fun build, even if it’s considerably weaker than Leapquake, Frenzy, HOTA, or Rend.

Video here… I realized afterwards I didn’t record any sound, so I got a bit creative with the audio…

4 Likes

Damn, that piano!
“You’re playing all the wrong notes!”
“No, I’m playing all the right notes. Just not necessarily in the right order!”

Grats on the clear though. Looks a bit more interesting to me than the pure leapy thing.

2 Likes

It’s a good bit like HOTA, though obviously much weaker at the current moment. If you like that playstyle, you may want to give it a try.

Should you find yourself dying a lot, the BoM setup is super tanky… most of the various permutations should be in the OP guide.

I am back with a new variation. You should definitely not put whole your points into CdR basket, instead try to max Cold-CdR-AD to 60-60-+90 levels. I also used Gogok-Stricken-Trapped:

Non-Season 2.7.2
Build : ProSlam
GR Tier : 121
Highest known/Rumored clear : 135ish capable
Player : Prokahn
Paragon : 1850 smt

Build Variation: MOTE6-CC2-AzureWrath-FjordCutter-90% AD-60% Cold-60% CdR-Stricken-Gogok-Trapped

Also apparently followers can have emanating items, hell yes. go with all the pylon gems+oculus. I also used Crede’s flame to get fury from fire damage.

1 Like

Haven’t played any Slam in quite a while… figured I’d dust off the old Fjord Cutter!

First I did 133, a 2 tier improvement on my previous best. Video:

This was not a particularly optimal rift. No Conduit or Power Pylon, and a difficult, dangerous boss.

After that I did 134 (which I didn’t record). Another nail-biter!

Maybe I’ll try 135 or even 136!

2 Likes

136 down. I think that ties Archael/Ulmaguest’s clear from November 2019 (see post 600 of this thread) as the highest non-season clear with this build. Of course, Arch didn’t have the benefit of the Follower or GR level buffs helping him out, and he also finished faster, in ~11 minutes.

Then again, he also had twice as much paragon as I do now, so maybe we call it even!

I really like running with Relentless, rather than Ruthless. Without it, I think I probably would have died a dozen times in this rift.

1 Like

It looks fun. Lots of fire. I almost wish there was a seismic slam rune that had a 360 wave effect instead of a cone.

138:

I’m going to be adding some notes to the OP sometime in the next couple of days, detailing the optimal setups for the current day and age.

1 Like

I added notes at the top of the OP, essentially giving streamlined and updated versions of the build as it stands today.

2 Likes

I tried this build and I love it, but I don’t understand how to generate enough fury. There is inevitably some downtime on ancients even with Bul Kathos, Obsidian and 50% CDR, and during that time I’m a sitting duck, since all the fury I entered that downtime period with evaporates from a few slams. I tried war cry but it’s not really enough. What else could I do?

Charge or leap will generate the fury…Make sure to hit some mobs with them.

1 Like