[Guide] 2.6.7 MOTE6-Fjord-Echoing Fury-Slam +136

Thanks for the nice Guide!
It‘s a fun playstyle but I can’t keep wotb and ancients up all the time/need to spend a considerable amount of time running around without ancients/wotb. Any hints on what I could optimize?
https://eu.diablo3.com/en/profile/tyler69-1566/hero/131292364

Hey Tyler,

With the BoM variant of this build, you cannot keep WOTB and COTA up all the time. In order to have 100% uptime, you need to replace BoM with Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac.

But if you do that, your toughness is decreased by a lot, so it’s not recommended for somebody with your paragon. Basically, you just have to focus on spending your time on cooldown grouping mobs and finding the next good spot to fight.

If you want to be able to continue slamming when you don’t have ancients generating fury for you, you can try trading out Ruthless for Weapons Master: if you hold your Fjord Cutter in your main hand, this generates fury for each enemy hit, and allows you to keep slamming while COTA is on cooldown, provided you are hitting enough enemies.

2 Likes

Hello. Is this build still applicable in 2.6.8 at gr 100+? Can anyone update it ? I tried to use it but i use fjord + sunkeeper for weapon. Is that ok?

Hey Cixty,

Yep, this build still works just fine. It’s pretty much neck-and-neck with H90 Frenzy for 2nd place among Barb builds, and can probably hit GR 140 at super high paragon. Players in the 2k-3k paragon range have cleared in the mid-high 120’s.

It’s basically as updated as it’s going to get, nothing in this build has changed in the last couple patches. Just read the guide carefully and then come back here with any further questions.

As for Fjord + Sunkeeper, yes that is fine, although it is not going to be quite as good as Fjord + Echoing Fury. But still pretty good.

1 Like

Hello rage,

noted on that. Thank you so much. What i did was to copy the skills and equip the build similar with the external link of d3 planner. I copied the high paragon one. I dumped all paragon points to str. and use str gems With the swiftness legendary. I am now currently at paragon 1800

Hey Cixty,

I’m guessing by the high paragon one you mean the setup that replaces BoM with Zodiac. Just so you know, you are kind of on the borderline of the paragon needed to play this variant without dying a ton (and, you are probably going to want diamonds in chest and pants when trying to push GRs). At around 2600p, I had good results with both that variant and the BoM one. They play a bit differently, but are both good.

So: try the Zodiac setup. But, if you find you are dying a ton, switch to BoM.

1 Like

Yes am using the zodiac one now. Yes you are correct. Maybe i need to switch to diamonds first . I am enjoying this build though. So far my cdr is 62 percent (i know it is still low ) and i love ancients fury.

I will also try BOM to check the difference. I just dont have a good bom now . I will try later. Thank you so much for the tips.

After having read through all 647 posts, it seems that there is a lot of information in th thread not covered in the OP, which is in need of an update. Many options have been tested by users, mostly zodiac-based and pros and cons have been discussed (around post 450-600)

My question is on weapons - I have a fjord with medium damage (1780ish), 149% leg power, 23% ad, str and LPFS. What should I roll (and I assume for cdr?) And what rolls are useful for EF? It rolls with dmg/str/IAS always so there is little room for changes. Do we really need IAS (-> AD)? or str -> AD? or cdr? I’m a little over 2k paragon, 100% solo (so augments around 120)

Hey Alex,

Sorry nobody has gotten back to you till now. Usually I try to keep an eye on this thread but must have missed your question.

Re: updating the thread, that would mean considerable time from Prokahn, who has, sadly, left the game.

Re: Weapons: For the FC you can drop either the STR or LPFS. Assuming you are using either IP: Ignorance Is Bliss or Mortick’s brace to get 5k LPFS, the amount on a weapon is only a modest gain, but the same can be said of Str, which becomes relatively less valuable as your paragon rises. I guess I’d personally keep the LPFS. And yes, either way, you are rolling to get CDR.

For EF, well, I can tell you I have mine rolled to Ias-CDR-DMG%, but you may want to import into D3planner and mess around a bit with the IAS roll to see if it makes a difference in terms of breakpoints. I’d do it for you but am on phone now and D3planner is hard to navigate.

Hope that helps, good luck!

1 Like

I wonder if Prokahn would make the OP a wiki so others could edit?

As per the suggestions, I would like to make this a Wiki. Sorry for not attending often but Warframe grabbed me. It is everything I could ask. See you on the other side guys.

If interested you can follow my niche creations for Warframe here:

3 Likes

How can we get this thread wikied?

It is indeed now a Wiki. The “Edit” button is live at the bottom of the OP.

In honor of this thread becoming Wiki-fied, here’s a video of an Fjord Cutter + Shield clear (GR 120) using Sword and Board. After this one I ran two more, replacing IP:Iron Hide with War Cry: Impunity, which I think is a superior setup. Since you’re missing the attack speed of dual-wielding + Echoing Fury, taking WC over IP lets you maintain better uptime on COTA and WOTB.

Here’s another one (GR 123) with War Cry on the bar.

3 Likes

What should I roll on this bad boy guys?
Since Strength also give Armor I should rolls LoH>Cdr right? Is there any case we want LoH instead of strength here?
https://imgur.com/a/8BU4Bs7
My Slam barb:
https://www.d3planner.com/315857042

Nice find, man!

If you were super high paragon, I suppose you could get a little more benefit out of the LpH than the STR. Generally, I would keep the STR, though.

So yeah, roll LpH -> CDR.

1 Like

Thank you very much for the quick reply Rage!

Although I been playing since vanilla but my paragon only 28xx. I also dont see myself have like 4-5k paragon anytime soon.

For my build I always want as much dmg as possible and with your personal input, I think I will keep the strength here :d

Sure thing, man. I’m in the exact same boat: player since Vanilla, but just under 3k paragon.

If you have a good Lidless Wall or Stormshield kicking around, I suggest you try out the Sword&Board setup I used in the clear video a couple posts up. I just tried it for kicks, but it actually felt surprisingly good. The extra mitigation from S&B plus the shield itself is very helpful, especially if you’re aren’t using BoM, and the RCR from S&B helps make sure you can keep slamming for quite a while even if Ancients drop for a bit.

It definitely won’t catch the DW Zodiac version, but it might be close to as good as the BoM setup!

1 Like

Thanks for the recommend Rage, I did try the shield setup with lidless wall and even though the build become really tanky, I still preferred dw becasue I love to attack very fast :d

Anyway I really love this build, been playing it on and off with ww. Fingers crossed that blizz will realize the buff to BoTT this coming patch is not enough and will give the set some juice too!

Haha, fair enough, sir! Have you played much Frenzy? I hear there is a decent guide for that…