[Guide] 2.6.7 MOTE6-Fjord-Echoing Fury-Slam +136

Thanks for the catch, I made the change on the original post.

Has anyone managed to play the Seismic build and find new things about it for S19?

It is really hard t ignore the easy WW rending build, why should I even try Slamming?

It looks like it is loosing a lot in speed and damage, am I wrong?

For S19 pooling ability (that allows you to effectively use pandemonium) is on the first place. But I’m going to try SS later when I got legendary gems for augments. I hope I’ll be able to do 130+ with augments.

Here’s currently what I’m working on.
d3planner. com/212217149

Basically, I acquired literally all these pieces while playing whirlrend barb and figured I might as well give SS a try. Cleared 100 last night, but was sloppy about the time. I’m very new to the build and the gameplay loop of SS in general. That being said, I think it has the potential to be VERY strong. I just have to get better.

Most of what I’m doing with it, I’m basing off of Corwin’s post and video.

If you are going to want to push with this build you are going to have to find gear with AD on it. Once you get your AD over 100 the build gets a lot better.

What are the stat priorities? STR>AD>CDR? I feel like this version of SS is so VERY different from the one in the original post. Maybe you and Corwin should team up for your own guide :slight_smile:

Side note, I’m almost hard stopped right at 104 with this build, but I can push higher with Whirlrend. Not entirely sure if it’s my inexperience in knowing which affixes to just run past or not.

For me the stat priorities are

CDR>CHC>AD>CHD>RCR>STR.

I am at 2.5k paragon which is why STR is so low. If you are below 1k paragon STR becomes a more important stat. Once you get CDR to around 60% you have some wiggle room to trade off CDR for other stats.

This build is much harder to play than WW. You need to attack to keep your cooldowns going so most of the time you don’t want to simply just run past mobs.

Also for a speed build, I would suggest In-Geom over EF. Attack speed isn’t really important CDR is king in speed builds.

Not overly concerned with the speed build, I don’t think anything will be able to top Whirlrend for that, and in my eyes, speeds is for farming, so it’s something I just want to do fast and get out of the way. Definitely more interested in pushing with SS over speed.

Thanks for the big amount of input, I will definitely take this to the drawing board and start up the rerolling process.

I have cleared 127 with this build for S19… took me 3 attempts, with the first two ending in losses within 10 seconds of timer. Also to be fair, I was able to clear a 125 with Whirl-Rend build in one-key in 13: something. I am still planning on trying to push this build as high as I can get it before I jump on WW-Rend band wagon.

I am still missing AD on a few pieces, etc and my Fjord isn’t that great (it has LPfS versus either AD/10% Damage/IAS).

7 Likes

128 in 11:43, got a festering woods with a bunch of add-spawning mobs and was able to get the 150 pandemonium stacks three times, including entering RG fight at 147 and popping Saxtris…

I will say that I got “a better” Fjord Cutter that had % damage on it, instead of LpFS and I was getting wrecked. Could not keep myself alive. So for now, in season, I will keep using Nerves of Steel and the LpFS weapon until I can take the beating. In Non-Seasonal I use Rampage and damage %, CDR % and would probably take AD % if I had a “perfect weapon”.

2 Likes

You could try this:

-Max out your CdR in every slot
-Use leorics in cube
-Replace Zodiac with BoM (You can put rubies in all armors)
-Replace Zei’s with Gogok (Your fighting distance will still be 15-20 yard range).
-If you could put 1 LpH stat to bracer it helps.
-Skills: CoA fury rune, IP-IB, BR:BS, WotB: Insanity, SS:permafrost, Leap: stun rune

FYI: I wondered if Fjord buff and Trapped may be considered in the same damage category or not so I felt it might have diminishing returns. My last test I used Stricken, Gogok and Pain enhancer. Once mobs start dying the slams arr so fast. In my first and last test I cleared 120 with it at 1800ish paragon. You can see it in NS LBs in game. Just some food for thought.

This has about 90% uptime for berserker and CoA. It is much tougher and no fury issues. And you need to leap less and slam more to compensate the damage difference.

In my opinion, they should remove the cost of SS completely. Call of the Ancients is a real pain, it greatly disrupts the grouping of mobs, it is much worse than the follower (lol). Also, occasionally we can still run out of resources, especially in the boss. If we die after triggering WotB and CotA we will be in serious trouble as we will not have the resources to proc zodiac.
I think Mote SS Permafrost (Crimson + zei) needs tweaking.

Getting absolutely wrecked by ranged mobs @GR131. Now I have to start looking for items that can also have -% ranged damage reduction. I’ve had some pretty good rifts ruined by goat spears. Will keep pushing.

and again, I just 1 keyed a 131 with the WW-Rend build… oh well.

1 Like

gonna try messing around in 132s with different gems. I want to push THIS build and not WW. Just need to figure out how to make it less squishy while still keeping up the DPS.

[edit] got some items that work with my setup that give me -14% ranged damage reduction and it’s working well. I’ll try to go to 133 and find a beatable rift. Farming GR124s in about 9m with this build has been money as I am about to re-augment all of my stuff, once I have all my gems to 125.

2 Likes

Do you have any updates for us? What’s your highest clear so far??

I cleared GR134 before officially swapping to the Wastes band wagon. For the 134, I cleared it in 14:07 after spawning the RG with 144 stacks, it gave me Binder which I promptly melted after her 2nd pack of mini-spiders was fried and the ground affect melted her. I may have still beat it without the pandemonium buff, though.

[edit] I also was rolling around with 14% ranged damage reduction (7% from chest, 7% from bracers) that seemed to help A LOT.

I got tired of how squishy the build felt versus WW with Band of Might, plus using ancient spear to group up entire maps and melt them is significantly stronger in the season. I saw a fairly high non-seasonal clear, though.

I also joined a few public GR games and was melting the screen for some groups in whatever level we were doing. It seemed to surprise some folks playing Rend build.

Greetings barbarians what do you think of the viability running this build season 20? I am a noob to d3planner, but I was kicking around an idea like this:

https://ptr.d3planner.com/168625830

Looks like a fine build for doing speeds, though I think you will get more out of dropping Pride of Cassius and Fury of the Ancients, using the MOTE shoulders and 2 pieces of the Captain Crimson set, for extra damage and cooldown.

For pushing, you may want to re-read the guide and give it some further thought.

A couple more notes on your setup: Unforgiving is going to generate less Fury on average than if you take Weapon Master. If you want even more speed, you could drop CoE for Zodiac and Echoing Fury for In-Geom.

Here’s Corwin’s setup for speeds: [Guide] 2.6.7 MOTE6-Fjord-Echoing Fury-Slam +136 - #591 by Corwin-2337

1 Like

Thank you. I will surely look at everything. I was just trying to see what I can do without cc. I’m going to stay away from bounties for a bit and hope rngesus is kind on goblins, ancient puzzle rings and so forth. I know I’m asking for a lot. I find I get burnt out quicker on early season bounties. I mostly play solo and one dh friend. I’m looking forward to just throwing some spaghetti to the ceiling and see what sticks.