Greater Rift to Game Difficulty Equivalents

The following information can be found on other websites. It can also be found in-game by clicking on the Nephalem Obelisk, clicking the Greater Rift button and clicking the drop-down menu. However, you can only see Greater Rift Levels a few Levels higher than you previously successfully completed or by completing Nephalem Rifts on an equivalent Game Difficulty.

The table listed below is meant to help new players establish goals to work towards when improving their Character(s); whether it’s to complete their Season Journey or just having fun with their non-Season Character(s).

For example: If a new player is trying to complete Season Journey Chapter IV by successfully completing a Greater Rift Level 20 Solo, they can see that this is the equivalent of completing a Nephalem Rift on Torment IV. So, by the time they can run Bounties and Nephalem Rifts in a reasonable amount of time on T4 or higher, they should be able to successfully complete GR20 Solo without “breaking a sweat”.

Or maybe you want to see what Game Difficulty you need to be able to run in order to tackle GR70 Solo and unlock Primal items. Whatever the reason, I hope you find the table helpful.

Greater Rift to Game Difficulty Equivalents

GR Level
Game Difficulty
1 - 3
=
Hard
4 - 6
=
Expert
7 - 9
=
Master
10 - 12
=
Torment I (T1)
13 - 15
=
Torment II (T2)
16 - 18
=
Torment III (T3)
19 - 21
=
Torment IV (T4)
22 - 24
=
Torment V (T5)
25 - 29
=
Torment VI (T6)
30 - 34
=
Torment VII (T7)
35 - 39
=
Torment VIII (T8)
40 - 44
=
Torment IX (T9)
45 - 49
=
Torment X (T10)
50 - 54
=
Torment XI (T11)
55 - 59
=
Torment XII (T12)
60 - 64
=
Torment XIII (T13)
65 - 69
=
Torment XIV (T14)
70 - 74
=
Torment XV (T15)
75 - 79
=
Torment XVI (T16)
80 - 84
=
Torment XVII (T17)
85 - 89
=
Torment XVIII (T18)
90 - 94
=
Torment XIX (T19)
95 - 99
=
Torment XX (T20)
100 - 104
=
Torment XXI (T21)
105 - 109
=
Torment XXII (T22)
110 - 114
=
Torment XXIII (T23)
115 - 119
=
Torment XXIV (T24)
120 - 124
=
Torment XXV (T25)
125 - 129
=
Torment XXVI (T26)
130 - 134
=
Torment XXVII (T27)
135 - 139
=
Torment XXVIII (T28)
140 - 144
=
Torment XXIX (T29)
145 - 149
=
Torment XXX (T30)
150 - 154
=
Torment XXXI (T31)
11 Likes

What websites? You mean the one that is not correct? T16 is the max difficulty. Please stop pushing for more torment levels, the gaming community for D3 is split up enough as is.

Edit: Before i forget! Each torment level is equivalent to a SINGLE G-rift Tier, not 4.

e.g. this website.

Wrong.

Each Torment diff level is roughly twice harder than previous level (monster’s health is doubled).

Monster’s health in GR is 17% higher than previous level. If you do some math, roughly 5 GR levels, the monster’s health will be doubled. So, ~5 GR levels is equivalent to one Torment difficulty level.

4 Likes

And these:

1. https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/930659-diablo-iii/75017463
  2. https://www.reddit.com/r/diablo3/comments/abtpaf/diablo_3_greater_rift_scaling_guide/
  3. https://www.diablowiki.net/Greater_Rifts
  4. Diablo 2 Resurrected Best Builds, Guides, and News - Diablo 2 Resurrected - Icy Veins

…for example.

Some of them are not complete through Torment XVI, but they are correct. Anything above T16 in the chart posted in the OP is merely for those interested.

And, if by some chance, Blizzard ever decides to add more Game Difficulties, it will save me some editing.

1 Like

Its equal to a single G-rift level, not 4 like in the post. This has nothing to do with the difference in G-rift levels between each torment level. T15 Is JUST G-rift 70, T16 is JUST G-rift 75.

75, 76, 77, 78, 79
:point_up_2: count them … five levels

1 Like

Well you clearly didnt read my previous post, grats.

Rift and GRift are two different games, there is no such thing as equal.
Dev. gives us an approximately equivalent comparable levels.
What we do know is the scaling of levels.
Each Torment level is double of the previous level.
Every 5 GR levels also double.
So one Torment level is same as 5 GR levels.

GR10 = T1
Then GR11 = ?
There is no T1.2 ; so we still say GR10-14 are T1

That’s all.

2 Likes

That doesn’t work. That’s like saying 1.2 = 1 or 1.8 = 1, it doesn’t, its not mathematically possible.

Why don’t you post something that actually makes sense?

It make sense. Maths has functions: truncate, floor, round_down. They all do this.

When you climbing up staircase, which floor you are on? Floor 1.2, or 1, or 2?

1 Like

Neither this is just the theoretical version of a 1.8 version of a demon, instead of version 2, its missing both arms, its head, and both legs. Version 4.52357236936 is missing its eyes as well.

As for your statement, maybe you should read it, you are still technically on the first floor, because floor 1.2 does not exist. Therefore you cannot be on floor 2, 3, 4 and so on. Its sad that you try to counter my argument, but your example just proves how you are wrong.

Wow! Just… wow!

First, you make a statement and then contradict yourself by confirming what is already posted in the OP… Your very own words.

The OP essentially says:

GR19 = You’re on T4.
GR20 = You’re still on T4.
GR21 = You’re still on T4.
GR22 = Guess what? You made it to T5.

Allow me to “draw you a picture”:

3 Likes

I have to believe that Turtle is just trolling by this point. In the old forum Turtle would have recieved a bunch of down votes and that would be the end of it. We would hope that a new player reading this would see the forum votes and realize it’s not accurate info and move on. Now you’re stuck in a useless back and forth.

2 Likes

Gr19 = Roughly the same as T4
Gr20 = Not T4 (You don’t see a (Torment 4) now do you?)
Gr21 = Not T4 (You don’t see a (Torment 4) now do you?)
Gr22 = Roughly the same as T5

None of the tiers are considered to be torment levels (Yes, i did say this incorrectly originally stating they are EQUAL, that is my bad). Keep in mind that a T4 G-rift has different % stats compared to a normal T4 rift the (Torment 4) and is a GAUGE of the difficulty it is at, but these values are NOT the same.

Lets bring some math into this.

T4 = 3355% HP
Gr-19 (Torment 4) = ~3376% HP (21% difference)
Gr-20 = ~3950% HP
Gr-21 = ~4621% HP
T5 = 5369% HP
Gr-22 (Torment 5) = ~5407% HP (38% difference)

I wish, but sadly no, these people just argue with flawed logic, at this point i can only assume they are trying to troll me, not the other way around.

Any post that was not taking a dump on someone would be swarmed with down-votes, the only exception were people like Meteorblade. By the way, you misspelled received.

That was not the intent of the original system, it was to hide trolling posts, the problem is people never used it as such and would just down-vote things they didn’t agree with even if they were correct (Ahem Cough Cough). Even Nevalistis commented on it.

Just a FYI on the cherry picking, the first statement was for specifying that each TORMENT LEVEL (Not Greater rift) was roughly equivalent. As for the second post you link that i said (Third post in the chain), you are technically not on either floor, greater rifts is basically considered its own separate building since it has different stats compared to the torment levels. So really my second comment was incorrect for a separate reason, not contradiction.

Maybe instead of cherry picking you should specify that i’m incorrect for the actual reason and not just grab some part of a post and say good job you messed up, its just childish.

OMG like how to ruin a great informative post with stupid discussion…
@ Lazy : I don’t think you are a troll but just a) notgood in english reading comprehension or very a mean individual trying to trash-talk everything…
Perusoe thank you for your list.

6 Likes

You’re very welcome, Lidrach! :+1:

1 Like

This stuff is actually pretty tame compared to some of the friendly chats you run into concerning video games + disagreements and/or misunderstandings.

I know how to fix this?

Yo can anyone actually explain simply how grift scaling works so a baby could understand it

Not how torments work.

If you can’t… etc

I’m honestly not exactly sure how Blizzard scales Greater Rifts. And unfortunately, Blizzard does not discuss game mechanics… ever.

But, this is how I look at it: No matter if I’m playing in Campaign Mode or Adventure Mode and no matter what Game Difficulty I’m on, it just seems like some Maps, in some Acts are tougher than others, for many different reasons.

So, as far as I can tell for example, Greater Rift Level 10 would be equivalent to the easiest Map you might get on T1 at Character Level 70 and Greater Rift Level 12 would be equivalent to the toughest Map you might get on T1. Once you advance to Greater Rift Level 13, you would be on the easiest Map you could get on T2, etc.

I do not know if this is correct or even accurate. It’s just the way I’ve always interpreted it. And, if it isn’t correct, the table is at least as it is listed in-game, using the Nephalem Obelisk through T16. From T17 through T31 I just used the previous 4 Greater Rift Levels per Torment Level to calculate those equivalents.