Great, say goodbye to PC Diablo4

The fastest and best selling PC games when they are release is an afterthought you say?

He doesn’t want to step on your toes in that arena.

1 Like

5 Likes

Diablo is the most recognizable aRPG brand and holds the key to what will be the most played genre in the future. Microsoft securing the Diablo brand is a MOVE done with looking AHEAD into the future and knowing exactly how gaming will evolve. That move deserves our respect.

Microsoft will create that NEXT GEN ARPG using the Diablo brand. The future is bright and it’s a great time to be a Diablo player.

1 Like

Now that I sincerely doubt.

Nothing to doubt about since that’s how human brain works and I know it myself from first pov. ARPGs offer that virtual rewards in a way that is addicting to our brains due to allowing character progression through procedural systems.

And we are only in the beginning of what is to evolve into something much bigger - AI ARPGs. Microsoft are to push exactly that and Diablo is their golden marketing toy to achieve this.

Diablo 5 will be wholly procedural - I already spoken how that will be in other threads. It may even start as a separate mode of Diablo 4 now that Microsoft has it. Diablo 6 will be AI based.

Well, to be honest with Skype it feels more like they just froze it in time and it stopped evolving, eventually becoming irrelevant.

With gaming their track record is better. Bethesda didn’t noticiably change after the acquisition by MS. Granted Bethesda sucked to begin with, but it’s essentialy the same.

I do believe the worst case scenario here is that everything stays the same. After Microsoft actually ressurected Age of Empires with a quite decent game they gave me a little faith in them.

2 Likes

And they have done that for over 20 years and yet ARPG:s aren’t even close to the “most popular” genre.

And? It’s still entirely fabricated based on nothing real.

I don’t really know how things things work, so maybe someone who does can help out.

Wouldn’t D4 already be being made for PC? Wouldn’t it be counter intuitive for MC to stop the PC development and pinch off a revenue stream?

I mean, when they make a game do they make it in a vaccum then just hit a button and decide what platforms they will be on? I don’t think that’s how it works?

So if it’s already being developed for PC, there’s no earthly reason that would change. My thoughts anyway.

i dont understand why you think the game is even 25% completed, and how you dont know it’s literally be created with mobile and console in mind, which monstrously holds back pc game potential, not even including how terrible and almost nonexistant downloadable content will be and it will also be console focused so extremely bad for pc gamers.

diablo for pc gamers is pretty much dead. we’ll be playing a port made for mobile phones…

1 Like

Well, I guess I don’t know because I don’t have a source for that information.

I’m not saying you’re wrong, I am just saying nothing I have read or heard anywhere from anyone suggests its been primarily designed for console and mobile.

Do you have a source I could check out? I’d be interested to learn.

Well, as a dev myself I can say that’s almost how it happens lol. Almost being a keyword here. Because eventually you have to test out your software you’re developing, and we know for a fact that they are doing D4 for PC as it was only ever showcased for PC.

OP is just doing his regular forum trolling. There’s 0 chance D4 on PC gets affected by being bought by a company that’s developing more PC games than they ever did in their recent story.

yah and my dad works for nintendo.

you must be very very young, because even the casual gamer knows how game development and porting works, and it’s literally the opposite of what you said. Games are designed for specific platforms and it’s very difficult to get them working on others. and why it takes so long.

but if you design a multiplatform game you limit the game in so many ways that almost every game that has had this done was terrible and failed.

Thanks Azrok, I know Brav’s behavior :wink:

I just have a lot of fun pretending he’s not trolling and replying to him like he’s an adult who will answer me honestly.

JFC will you give your tired act a rest? My god you are transparent as a troll.

Okay, that’s good news.

But it counters your suggestion that we lose D4 for PC right? Or am I not understanding?

We know D4 s being made for console first. We know it’s multiple years down the development path. We know companies don’t like losing money.

All those things (which I believe are facts?) would indicate we’re nice and safe to have D4 on PC.

Whew!!

Ah ok, just making sure. But yeah, current gen video games have very similar architectures. And they are very similar to PC too, so it’s easier than ever to port stuff around. It was different back in PS3 era and before that, but nowadays it’s quite easy.

1 Like

you dont even bring up the fact that a ps5 is literally not even 3% as powerful as my pc, so designing games around a console is like trying to use a honda civic to space travel…

but hey, let’s keep pretending D4 wont be designed for mobile phones instead of pc’s.

Math is clearly not your friend.

2 Likes

Math and any semblance of reality.

2 Likes