Goodbye D3, a good game but terrible rng balance

Great game, was fun while it lasted, but time has proven it to be too unbalanced for me to stick around. Classes are unbalanced and esp drop rate is TERRIBLY unbalanced, which is the killer for me. And, I’m not alone on drop rate being unbalanced.

I.E. People were finding Ethereals in Season 32 within minutes of the season starting. literally, lvl 9 and finding their first one. Meanwhile, myself among others didn’t find their first until at least paragon 300+. One guy in chat had paragon 600+ and hadn’t found one. That is incredibly unbalanced.
Another example. Group Vision farming, me and 2 other people all running the same class, Demon Hunter, trying to farm some gear. In the duration of 4 hours Player 1 obtained well over 3000 leggos and 20+ primals, player 2 found between 2500 and 2800 leggo but 26 primals…Me…not that lucky. A mere 1700 leggos and 2 primals.

The unbalance doesn’t end there, that’s just the beginning but I won’t go into all of it. I’m just done with the never ending grind with no or lack of a reward for the effort. it’s time to move.

2 Likes

Goodbye you won’t be missed. I had 0 issues finding good looking and useful gear in D3 unlike in D4.

5 Likes

This isn’t an airport, you don’t have to announce your departure.

15 Likes

5 Likes
5 Likes

Bye

don’t anyone else think its weird a group would count the leggos in a hour or anytime length

But anuwys i would take one if it was the right one

2 Likes

Time elapsed between level 9 and paragon 300 could be as little as a couple of hours. So, in a season that lasts 3-6 months, you didn’t find something in the first few hours of it and think the theme’s broken?

6 Likes

:notes:Hello, I must be going. I came to say I’d like to stay , but I really must be going :notes:. -Groucho Marx

3000 legs in 4 hours means 12.5 legs a minute for 4 hours straight. At that rate, the player is most likely not identifying the legs and probably not even stopping to pick them up in the first place. Out of those 3000 legs, there was probably several well rolled ancients while out of 20 random Primals, there is a small chance 1is something the player actually needed with a another small chance of rolling correctly.

If your game strategy is to hit the lottery, you are pretty certain to be disappointed.

It is ingrained in the instant gratification generation. I played 15 minutes and didn’t win. I QUIT!!!

7 Likes

It’s nonsense to have a game where some players get lucky drops and zoom past everyone, including the people they want to play with, while others are left trying to grind it out with almost nothing. The problem isn’t the pace, which is too fast, but the inconsistency of it all. That they tried to turn it into a race to the finish, when there is effectively no finish at all, doesn’t help. Being hostile to people leaving the game doesn’t build a community. The fewer people playing this game the more likely Microgreed is to take the servers down.

1 Like

Is there an ethereal that can replace/enhance the mechanics of a Yang bow? I’m a little rusty.

EDIT: I just got a bow with 40% RCR and 200% to archery skills, could that be the one?

1 Like

That means killing efficiency is rewarded and it makes perfect sense. If they were to stop and pickup everything instead of filtering the loot to ignore good enough slots, then they aren’t playing the game and killing demons.

While it indeed sucks that it doesn’t entice the community when others feel used like that, this has been how the game rolled. Solution is easy, don’t play with people like that or establish a plan so you don’t get ditched. Some players go for a nonchalant casual approach and some create proper plans to maximize efficiency. You can’t change certain player profiles and casuals won’t get a feel of ambition to play better without learning from friends.

Analyzing a game, or understanding its mechanics doesn’t happen in a day either. If they aren’t interested to get better or analyze anything they can indeed leave or quit the game. Preferably silently without making a scene like thread starter did. Nobody will miss them.
But let me tell you, most of the “I quit” threads are usually from someone with multiple alt accounts and decided to open a troll thread at forums before deserting it. Guess I can’t prove that, but there has been a long running stereotype for years already and game still standing.

1 Like

Yes, Windforce with Yang’s power rolled on it is basically juiced up version of the actual Yang’s. That’s the main choice for any Multishot build.

2 Likes

I see, but this bow is buffing other archery skills as well, if I cube Manticore I could get a nice buff to Cluster Bombs. I have to try that.

Question, what gear in the game has impossible odds and requires serious grinding of weeks or months to possibly get that allows some players to zoom past everyone while others are left grinding it out with nothing?

It happens my dude. Sometimes you find stuff fast and sometimes not so fast.

Them’s the breaks and that’s rNg for you.

/shrug

4 Likes

Wait, so you’re telling me that D3 needs better drop chances?
You do realize that’s a minority opinion? I’m here trying to get D4 to adopt infinite paragon so I can move onto the next game.

Can kadala drop ethereals?

Because every 10th legendary should be a guaranteed ancient and every 200th legendary dropped should be a guaranteed ethereal.

Gear should be served like meals at a retirement village :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

No, they can’t be gambled or crafted. They can be found only as drops from enemies and containers.

2 Likes