Goodbye D3, a good game but terrible rng balance

Gear drops were fine for me.

Not at those prices for pretty much spam. Thanks but no thanks.

I thought the 200% to archery skills was replacing multishot buff, but i just found a proper one like you said.

So I could find the beefed up Manticore, but for now I will play UE6, this bow is sick.

1 Like

Have you read the Season 32 Blog?

Under Season Theme, Bullet #1.

• Ethereals are account bound and can only be dropped by monsters, chests, and destructibles, but do not require your character to be Level 70 in order to drop. Ethereals cannot be acquired through Kanai’s Cube or from Kadala.
1 Like

I have not :slight_smile:

20 characters.

One thing not many people know is how bad of a job Blizz did in coding the random for this game and really anything they have made…

If you are getting crap drops for an hour or two, turn off the computer or console for 5 minutes and force the entropy it is using for random to reset.

Bollocks. It means there’s too much variance in drops.

Your plan is to hold everyone else back for a time because a busted mechanic makes you unable to contribute to the group. That’s bound to make you popular.

You have about ten days to gain a significant advantage in a season. So basically, all gear items can hold you back to one extent or another during that time. After that it evens out and becomes which greater rifts you get. The higher number of greater rifts you can run before people gear out the more likely you can lengthen your advantage. Everything in this game is absurdly RNG dependent. Even the most skilled player can get skunked. Imagine how severely it effects the run of the mill player.

Is that why you have just made it to level 40 this season, because the odds are so much against you?
Glad to see that you still play a game that you seem to dislike so much (judging by several of your posts in different topics over time). The game must be doing something right after all :+1:

1 Like

I was guilty of complaining a few days ago as well. Was P300+ and only Ethereal I found so far was back at level 26, which of course became useless at around 60. Now 5 days later I’m doing 3 minute 100’s and get at least 2 or 3 ethereals in an evening, which seems about right. :man_shrugging:

5-6 Reds an hour ?!? what gives ? i been busting through visions on my GOD which does GR120’s in 2 mins, and i last 5 hours or so ZERO reds. is there an increase in chance just for grouping ?

1 Like

You realize that consoles won’t show up to your neckbeard lookup right? I’ve bought the game on both PC and Switch, and while my PC is a liquid cooled 16 core 3080 rtx system I only play on switch since I don’t rubberband for 15 minutes if I get a bad ping. This game series really has some of the worst community.

Anyway for anyone with bad drops for hours, a hard reboot of your system forces it to scrub and rebuild the entropy that it uses for the random calculations, a random that is pretty poorly implemented in this game and will definitely get weird with too many hours of play without it clearing all of that out.

1 Like

Source: “Trust me, bro!”

Do you have any actual evidence to support this claim or this based entirely on tin-foil-hat feelings that your drops get better after a reboot?

3 Likes

Well, it is the same small set of players atop the LBs, even early in the season. First conquests are opened by the same small set of people. The same set of players are speed running GR135+ 3-4 days into the season. Are these players hitting the gear lottery every single season? or is it due to time played, skill, good strategy, efficiency? Give the run of the mill player a Primal weapon upon hitting level 70 and they still won’t be top of the LB’s or be the top spot on any conquest board.

3 Likes

I realize that. I don’t think Zymurgeist plays on console. Why would he pay twice for a game he dislikes so much?

1 Like

No, I’m just bored out of my skull. That’s 3 hours 22 minutes of trying not to fall asleep at the keyboard. They have truly ruined this game. I don’t even have to use any shortcuts anymore and I’m not even trying.

You don’t even need to be level 70 to get a primal anymore. You can do it at level 20 or so if you have the right friends. Besides I thought the game was only meant to be played by top tier players. It’s the only consideration the peanut gallery feels should be put into balancing literally anything in the game.

Diablo III requires the final balance patch, which only takes Devs 2 days, but it is very important.

RNG is truly a chaotic beast. I have seen primals drop like crazy and none drop for days or even weeks. This season, my Barb got his first ethereal at 13 and then the second one at 16, then nothing till a few hundred paragons after 70. I wish I would have kept my sheet, but I tracked how many hours it took to get all 3 ethereals for each class to unlock the transmogs. You wouldn’t believe the amount of Grandfather swords and Gidbin daggers I found in order to do get the achievement. It was crazy. Most of them were garbage too, but good for mats. Just play the game and eventually stuff drops. Maybe you get lucky and it’s useful, maybe not.

2 Likes

It took me ages to get meteor ethereal for the wizzard but finally did. Completed 149 this morning. Hoping to get the 150 soon when done with work.

2 Likes

and here’s me with 2 primals after 1700 FS…

Come have my RNG luck and then you’ll have nothing to complain about.

it’s the massive paragon advantage that these group players get…