GoDly quiver dropped. Now what?

Of course, 99% of the leaderboard don’t know what they are doing, but you do? :wink: Have a nice day, humble guy !

4 Likes

Well, you brought up the 99% so I just followed your lead. Besides, in the case of not able to get a good quiver, you’re right about DW being better for them. I’m just saying some of the players are copycats (especially the cough AI users cough) who unknowingly DW even though they may have a good quiver.

Calm down, would you?

Let me put it this way. It’s fine if you want to use 1h crossbow as your main weapon, but when it comes to the most optimal setup (items with optimal affix rolls) 1h+quiver is better than DW.

2 Likes

I had a long winded sarcastically toned reply here but then just said, nah, attitude goes a long way. Sucks that it’s this kind that gets such a godly drop.

3 Likes

Remove the dex, get Hungering Arrow damage instead. Keep the secondary stats. Over time you’ll get a lot of dex though paragon anyways.

Echoing Fury / Fortress Ballista (especially if you’re playing with Squirt’s Necklace)…
You can also try K’mar Tenclip, if you want 2 strafe runes.

Hell, you can try Sever, who knows what exploit is available for it again :stuck_out_tongue:

Looking at leaderboards, especially THIS season is not a good way to establish something concrete.

If we’re only going to look at leaderboard, then everyone should have been running Etrayu/quiver setup since Ze.Remind was the first DH world wide to clear a 150 GR on seasons. If we’re just looking at leaderboards, then everyone at that point should have stopped dual wielding and farm for an Etrayu so they can do 150 GR too. Guess why that didn’t happen?

Hunterkiller is spot on. People DW either because they can’t get a good quiver (it’s super hard to get a good quiver) or they simply don’t know better. There are people on the LB who still run with strafe damage on Vallas when we know it doesn’t do anything at all for the build and people wear by strafe damage all the time because “leaderboard”.

DH is the flavor of the month class. You have lots of people playing DH that normally wouldn’t, and simply copying what’s popular is what has happened. With DH being the easiest class to push, WITH the seasons theme, it exaggerates the point further.

To the OP, that is basically a GG quiver. Go Vallas/quiver (best bang for your buck, especially with the extra stat vallas gives you) or Dawn/quiver if your dawn happens to be better than your Vallas. It also opens up options for 2h xbow play as well if you happen to have found a good one. Plz do not dual wield with a quiver like that, solo.

As far as rerolls dex into HA would be the best long term answer, but that’s also dependent on your paragon. Only other option to consider for reroll would be CDR into HA but that will ruin your quiver as you level up your paragon.

8 Likes

I have to disagree with your premise. By definition, the people owning the Leaderboard cannot be said to “not know what they are doing.” The LB is a marketplace that sorts itself, the Invisible Hand. After 2 months of GoD being live, if this is the build that is most players, there is a reason: it is better.

2 Likes

wasnt this thread about pizza? wtf happened

4 Likes

You came too late, it’s all gone, the leader board players ate it all

guess i gotta get my rank up more

Easier to obtain or achieve =/= Better. Given that there’s a lot of band wagoners and the season’s theme itself is carrying all of the higher level clears, this cannot be an objective statement.

Statistically speaking, 1h/quiver is better than DW if you’re talking about min/maxing. These are facts. Odyssey’s end technically is on paper the strongest setup, however due to an annoying bug and the execution required, you don’t see it.

Popularity doesn’t necessarily make one statistically better, but rather “preferred” due to many different variables. Setups that are better may not be as popular due to execution requirements, gearing requirements (getting a good quiver), or simply not being aware. We saw this during the era of UE Multishot. Many people ran impale and was the dominant build for LB, however only a few high level spots were occupied by UE6 despite it being the stronger setup and people knowing it has a higher ceiling. Popularity =/= best.

I’m not crapping on DW at all, but literally just saying you should DW because others in seasons are doing it and thus labeling it as objectively the “best” is terrible advice without knowing all of your options and considering all factors.

4 Likes

And #12 is for sure a botter. 650+ hours just on their DH. :\

1 Like

What’s that got to do with the quiver and stats on gear?

I said “either…or” and “don’t know better”, which means some of the players lack the knowledge or haven’t done the theorycrafting to realize equipping a good quiver is the best.

It’s unfortunate that some of you interpreted it as “99% players don’t know what they’re doing” and decided to put words in my mouth.

3 Likes

What do the Lbs show for this build?

You can try Etrayu 2H Bow that has close to 20% Cold Damage and use Dawn in Cube to see if that will be better or not.

Just a note, but the OP didn’t mention the Legendary affix. I mean, we can guess that it’s 600% HA, but it could be 590 or around abouts.

And since he asked about Envious Blade, that wouldn’t be the way to go unless you’re killing things with a single hit. In lower Grifts (which he didn’t mention what grift he was running so we don’t know what that 5GR improvement actually was) but say he’s running somewhere between 90 and 110…

At ninety, the legendary power of Envious Blade will have greater effect than in 100 or 110, because it only applies on the first hit and it could take 5 or more hits to kill even a white mob.

So…No, Envious Blade isn’t a viable weapon choice unless you’re running speed 80’s to 90 or so where a single crit will kill most monster.

Ehm, it’s a primal one :wink:

1 Like

Thanks, I missed that it was primal. I saw godly and stopped there. My fault.

The rest of the post stands, though.

Hunterkiller is right. You can compare the 2 build variants with D3planner - and you’ll see that 1H+Quiver is not weaker solo. That’s better than “on leaderboards …:”
It will get very close with Taeguk at 150 though.

LBs: Check the Seasonal LBs when grenades/Hellcat was introduced. Top 200 EU where mostly using M6, Top 200 Us where mostly using UE nades.
Wudijo was on #1 or #2 on EU with M6 - so everybody copied that on EU.

In LBs there is a lot of copy paste going on.

You can also compare the numbers. DW is like ~3% stronger than 1H+Quiver because of CHC/CHD. Quiver variant has 15 HA on top. It is not weaker. Better numbers - check on d3planner. Taeguk level does play a role though.

You ideally want to wear Valla and cube dawn, because you can roll strafe damage off. It has one affix more,

2 Likes

FYI: Your D3 character profile is not actually hidden, only the button to access it quickly is.

The only thing you’ve actually hidden is your forum accounts activity.

In answer to your question…

It depends on many factors.

Keep it as is, and when you have a lot more paragon… switch Dex to +HA damage.

It’s a solid quiver, you’re not going to find a better one.