Give D2R: Classic some love

Some of my greatest memories of Diablo 2 comes before LOD. Act 4 Hell was miserable, but FUN! It felt like hell!

Please give D2: Classic some love in this resurrection!

• Shared Stash
  • Larger Stash
  • Weapon Swap
  • LOD Merc system (maybe?)

That is all I ask for.

Thanks!

7 Likes

I agree that D2:R Classic needs some love as well! I’ve been playing D2 since 2001/2002. For the first so many years I played mainly Expansion Softcore Ladder. Once I tried Classic Hardcore Ladder I pretty much switched from LoD to Classic, although I love both in their own way.

2 Likes

I’m fascinated by the idea of bringing the LOD Merc System into D2 Classic. Have the devs said anything about this at all? It would be kind of a big change, so I wonder if they’d be hesitant to make it. If they’re gonna be there though, they might as well be useful.

Bottom of D2: R Home page.

Bring Your Own Army
Diablo II: Resurrected features cooperative gameplay supporting up to eight players, and each player also has access to one mercenary. The minions of the Burning Hells may grow stronger, but they’ll be no match for you!

I would still assume, though, that one merc is still for LoD, and not Classic.

Nope. In fact, they appear to be neglecting D2R Classic completely. No shared stash, no increased stash size. Nothing for us except improved graphics and QoL improvements to lobby.

No shared stash in D2 Classic? Why would they forsake us like that? (D2 Classic + Hardcore + Shared Stash) = Best. Roguelite. Ever. Not even close. Basically best game ever. Do people not want a shared stash in classic? Are you just messing with me llell?

1 Like

The one thing that I’m very happy about is finding so many other players here in these forums, and many others, that are classic players as well. I assumed my barbarian would be very lonely upon release. Pleasantly surprised to see so many of us here discussing classic!

That being said, and back on topic, I really don’t want LoD mercenaries introduced into classic. It’s too much of a balance change, for CSruns and everything else.

Shared stash changes nothing about balance, same as gold pickup.
Just convenience, and am really hoping they implement this, there are literally zero reasons not to.

3 Likes

I’m being 100% straight. We can hopefully still change their minds though!

I hope to Diablo that I get into the alpha test, because I’ll be providing lots of feedback regarding D2R classic if I do! :wink:

1 Like

I’m shocked by the no shared stash in classic thing. This whole game shocked me when I found out about it. You can still play offline, you can still just play classic, the updated graphics are INSANE. They’re still supporting mods. Everything is so perfect, it’s crazy. And then to hear they’re not gonna put shared stashes in Classic it’s like… lul, wut???

1 Like

I’ll be 100% honest, this is the main reason I want to be an alpha tester, to give feedback about QoL in classic.

Not because I want to play early, or anything else.

I want the Devs to understand classic.
I want them to realize how bad of an idea it is to have a 4x8 stash with no easy way to self-mule.

I want them to know that, although D2Classic stash was terrible before, we were able to make unlimited amounts of accounts on 1 cdkey. This was what made it tolerable.

Having D2Resurrected tied to our Bnet2.0 account means no unlimited mules, and they are actually planning on making QoL Worse for classic players.

I know this is all very early and many changes will come, but this is one of the biggest for me.

I will play LoD and classic, but if they keep a tiny stash with no way to mule, I will probably break up that time much more toward LoD than I otherwise would have.

I’m usually about a 80%classic 20%LoD…

How would I keep all my LLD characters geared with 4x8 and no muling, amongst other problems. ugh.

3 Likes

It’s true that the LOD merc system could cause balance issues, but remember, part of what makes Mercs seem so strong in LOD is the items available to them. It’s a long shot to even get such a feature added when they are not even considering stash QoL improvements.

Another thing I did think of lately is weapon swap. That would be nice in Classic. :grin:

Oh for sure, add weapon swap to the list:

1. Bigger stash (duh)
  2. Shared stash (doi)
  3. Weapon swap (der)
  4. LoD Merc System (if you’re feeling nutty or whatever)

The might aura alone would cause massive imbalances for CSruns…CSruns being much more difficult and team-oriented in classic is why most of us love it.

A paladin in LoD can solo baalruns as fast as an 8-man group just about…the same is not true for CS.

I think the holy freeze aura and might would be a huge issue, moreso than the damage they deal themselves with a 3xx damage lance.

1 Like

Fair points that I did not think through completely. My Sorceress would love a Rogue to help deal with dual immunities, but the potential imbalance of having mercs in Act 4 could hurt the overall experience.

If they were to add mercs to D2: R Classic then all of them extra rares we find would be perfect for our mercs. So many rares that I, or others wouldn’t use on their characters would finally be put to use on a merc.

Not saying this wouldn’t be fun, I just think if they did that, they’d have to go rebalance hit points for PvM due to act2 auras, and that’s a whole other headache that doesnt fit the Resurrected > Remake feel.

If you were to mod this in though, I would totally play it, just dont think it should be for Bnet pub games! I do love that classic is getting some love in these forums though! can’t wait to play with all of you guys

1 Like

I agree about the stash, I don’t llike your other ideas.
The biggest construction sites at classic are the weakness of amazon compared to other classes and low diversity of builds that can do cs properly. Basically just Hammerdin, Blizzsorc, WW barb and a support CE nec.