Gibbering Gemstone

I’ve gotten 3 of these in the last three days doing bounties. However, I’ve farmed for cosmic wings for years and still don’t have those. So yeah.

2 Likes

Not worth the time and effort for this. After all the time hunting down the items, once you are in Whimsyshire the drops are CRAP, barely anything drops at all. There is zero or one piñata, the “Lovely Presents” might as well be “Lovely Enemas” for you get nothing, same for mushrooms and gold pots. Unless you are a person who likes to collect crap, DO NOT BOTHER with wasting your time with this crap.

Whimsydale (Goblin Portal) is full of loot and you should be lucky to find a goblin to open this portal.

BLIZZARD, what is the deal with this? At least have some frigging gold or some blue items drop so it compensates fro the time we put into this “Quest”…Jeeeeez…

2 Likes

These days, the main purpose for crafting a Staff of Herding, to access Whimsyshire, is to hope for the rarely spawning mob which will drop the rainbow portrait frame. You can also get the weapons The Horadric Hamburger and Spectrum, which people enjoy for the transmog.

Also, don’t forget, that Whimsyshire was part of pre-ROS Diablo III. The loot was, and still is, appropriate for level 60 heroes. That’s why Whimsydale was created, i.e. to have a level 70 appropriate version of the map.

1 Like

doesn’t seem to matter they nerfed the drops in whimsey to the point you might as well look for rainbow goblins

I can hardly wait to get the wings so I can ignore Whimsydale forever forward.

Don’t know what it is, I just find is extra annoying.

They didn’t nerf the drops in Whimsyshire. That area never dropped great loot. It’s as it always was. It just seems nerfed in comparison to Whimsydale.

I’ve yet to get the Cosmic Wings either. But, the ton of loot is still welcome. Even if I don’t find items I can use, it still adds up to a ton of Mats, which is much needed when it’s time for reforging.

I would have rather seen a darker, creepier area than it currently is though. And populated with creepier Hell-type monsters. Cartoon Teddy Bears, Unicorns and Flowers on a “Candyland” map just doesn’t seem to fit the Diablo Universe in my opinion.

Yea, I know there’s a bunch of, well, everything in there.

It’s just the timing is never right. “Want to do a quick run and, oh, great, Whimsydale”. If the gob dropped a token that I could cube, man, that would be much much different. Then I could control the scheduling.

But when I’m in the zone of gogogo bounties, last thing want is a rainbow portal where I’m now “obligated” to click on pretty much everything.

Last time I ran one in a bounty group, I invited the others (fine), but then they went rushing off. What I should have done is keep up with them rather than loot as I went, because since I wasn’t with them, I gave up a LOT of gems do the Broken Crown in my cube.

Just…a pain in the neck overall. I’d love a cube token, though. That would be great.

1 Like

Yeah. I hear ya.

Oh, cool idea! A Consumable “Greed’s Rainbow” that could be transmuted in Kanai’s Cube to open a Rainbow Portal to Whimsydale!  

4 Likes

I like this idea a lot. We have items we can cube to get to the Vault and to Not The Cow Level. Maybe a rainbow goblin could drop something similar to a Horadric Hamburger and if that’s cubed you get a Whimsydale portal in town. It would also mean that anyone doing a goblin-farming route, if they found more than one rainbow goblin, the 2nd and subsequent ones wouldn’t be useless.

I’ve suggested that a few times in the past, though it’s never gained any traction that I ever saw - granted, that may have been because I was suggesting it in the context of Primal Vaults (i.e. allowing Rainbow Goblins to spawn inside), where very few players would actually stand to benefit from it.

Thank you for your concise information. Considering Whimsyshire is not like Whimsydale for item drops they should just increase the drop rate of Gibbering Gemstone as it’s ridiculously low.

I like to honor my dead husband by always trying to make a Staff of Herding every new season as he would always do so and loved Whimsyshire. This time after 100 runs and no luck, I honestly think this could be classified as a war crime or torture on Blizz’s behalf. It’s for sure rather sadistic for a novelty item to have such a minuscule chance to drop.

2 Likes

The whimsy opening by the staff is a very unrewarding area. Nothing compared to the one openened by a rainbow goblin.

Or perhaps I get a lousy one due to my infernal staff of herding.

1 Like

Yes, the only point of the area is to farm for Sir William who drops the Rainbow Portrait Frame. Other than that, the drops are no different to any “normal” area in the game. You can also get Spectrum and the Horadric Hamburger (for the transmogs), but that’s it really. If you already have the frame or don’t want it, there is absolutely no point even bothering with Whimsyshire.

1 Like

I can at least confirm that everything drops so no bugs here. Five runs for the Gibber and I got lucky. The rest of the mats took less than 30 minutes.

I was farming the Gibbering gemstone yesterday and it finally dropped!
BUT the Diablo servers shut down and i didnt get to pick it up.
Blizzard… Please. Send help. Bout to go mad

1 Like

Sorry for your loss.  

I don’t know why Blizzard decided to make some of these components so difficult to acquire. It would be fun to have one more thing to do during Seasons when you want a break from all the grinding. (Even if it isn’t nearly as fruitful as Whimsydsale).

And, once you have the Staff of Herding in non-Season, you don’t need more. Just keep one in your Stash to share with all your Characters.

But, no one wants to spend 3 months grinding for Staff parts when they have a Journey to complete.  

the drop rate is insanely low, RNGsus hates me, ran the dungeon and killer her about 200 times…this is insane, please blizz fix this, people had problems with this since 2014…

Found one doing bounties, didn’t know what it was, so it lead me here. I’ll hang on to it for now, maybe I’ll have time to look for the rest of the pieces.

I got one in S22 bounties:
-So i think the bounty for Caverns of Frost LvL2 (rare bounty) could be it.

It doesn’t have to be a bounty. It drops from Chiltara in the Caverns of Frost, Act III. It just has an abysmal drop rate. Like anything else subject to RNG you can get it first kill or it may take you 100 kills.