Gibbering Gemstone drop rate is just dumb

Chilatra is not 100% spawn.

Do it 10 times when you have the right cave.

3 Likes

When I was farming the Gemstone, in Adventure mode, I had many occasions that Chiltara did not spawn at Caverns of Frost level 2.

I’d say 100 times or more. While it’s not 100% chance, it’s still fairly high chance to spawn.

1 Like

uh, i just literally checked ten times in a row, chillata was there EVERY single time.

you
are
doing
something
wrong

As others have said, Chilatra does not have a 100% spawn rate. I have run the Caverns of Frost way roo many times this season.

1 Like

What is “the something wrong” one is allegedly doing if he clears the entire Cavers of Frost level 2 and Chiltara is not among the slain monsters?

well they’re wrong.

i will literally bet my entire posting account against anyone else here who doubt me, that i can go in the frost cave 10 times in a row and she will be there every single time. EVERY TIME. I DARE YOU TAKE THE BET.

i even killed her again to make sure she drops the gemmering gemstone

i don know what you’re doing wrong, maybe you dont even search level 2, but you’re doing something wrong.

I repeat my question:

What is this “something wrong” one is doing if he kills everything in the Caverns of Frost level 2 and Chiltara is not among the slain monsters?

He wouldn’t admit it. No way a narcissist can ever be wrong.

2 Likes

i dunno, im not them or able to see what they are doing, but she’s there for me 100% of the time. are you telling me im special? i have a special ability to have 100% rng? i think not. therefor intellectually calculating by elimination, they are doing something wrong.

No, you’re just lucky.

I however cleared the Caverns of Frost level 2 many, many times while I was farming the Gibbering Gemstone and several times Chiltara did not spawn. As I said, Chiltara has fairly high spawn chance but it is not 100%. Now what did I allegedly do wrong if I was clearing the absolutely correct dungeon floor?

You are the only one claiming Chiltara has 100% spawn rate. Everyone else claim otherwise based on their own experience. Explain that difference and don’t say “they’re doing something wrong”. Provide an actual and factual explanation.

3 Likes

look, you tell me what you’re doing wrong when i can go into cave of frost and she’s there EVERY TIME 100%.

Guys, both of you have been here way longer than me, you must recognize their name and what is going on right?

Gibbering Gemstone drop rate is horrible all across the board. To compare, it’s certainly lower than Petrified Scream drop rate which is 5% straight. Gemstone doesn’t even have that accurately documented along the decade after D3’s release; it’s that rare.
If you are having bad luck, know that it’s a common thing and do not think that you are only having one in thousands occurance of bad luck. Just keep trying at a steady phase, and eventually it will drop.

As far as I know in Campaign mode, Chiltara spawns every time Caverns of Frost appears in the Fields of Slaughter. That’s the only cheat code you can have when hunting her but you have to run through the horrible story mode and first two Acts and get to the Machines of War quest first.

2 Likes

The issue here is that probably he does it in Campaign mode where in Caverns of frost Chiltara is guaranteed to spawn and you are doing it in Adventure mode where Chiltara may or may not spawn. I had bad luck for the first couple of days because she spawned 1/2 of the time but when I realized the campaign mode trick I had already farmed the components the traditional way.

No, I’m saying I can get any junk build and not do anything to it to do T16 and don’t need all my gems at 150 lvl and still get by without a hassle, and once upon a time inferno was next to impossible for me and when GR70 had to be done to get primals, I thought that I had to actually do some work to my character to be able to do a GR70, now it’s a non event getting to GR70 because everything has been made that OP so that people can do GR 150 in 5 mins flat

I’ve already been told my characters are junk because they aren’t maxed out to do GR 150 but can still do T16 with relative ease

The Gibbering Gemstone was actually my second fastest drop. What took me far longer was the Liquid Rainbow and Leoric’s Shinbone, followed by the Staff of Herding Plan, then Gibbering Gemstone, then Black Mushroom. The whole process took a bit over 3 hours. From what I understand, that makes me one of the “lucky” ones.

I agree that the drop rate should be increased, but I think it should be increased for all of them. No, not saying it should just be given to us, but 3 hours of constant relogging can’t be good for server stability.

1 Like

You should try to get a minor mana potion from Hell Baal in Diablo 2.

3 hours of reloading does not matter to the servers. The game is made for this.

Lies upon falsities.

You can NOT do T16 without a proper character. “Get any junk build and not do anything to do T16”

First off junk build? That’s very broad but when I hear junk build I think of a build that doesn’t even use Kanai’s cube legendaries or at least doesn’t have a good combination.

No you cannot do T16 with junk builds unless you have good legendary gems or high paragon or a set bonus, or something. Any of these criteria would mean the build is not a junk build though.

1 Like

I agree that it’s a very broad term. I have seen more than once, someone call a build “junk” or another word synonymous because they personally didn’t like it.

1 Like