Gibbering Gemstone drop rate is just dumb

At the beginning D3 was an RPG with campaign, not the trash it is now

OK then I await your explanation as to how I do D3 campaign, and bounties and rifts and run around the game at GR 150 level then without doing a greater rift

That was 9+ years ago though, don’t really see how that’s in any way relevant today.

You don’t, but choosing to not do the harder content does not mean the harder content isn’t there.

Not possible. Goblin can only spawn once per map per game. You can not get two goblins for example in Caverns of Frost level 1. You can however get one in level 1 and another in level 2.

Only exception to this rule is “goblin rift”.

…and Pandemonium Fortress. If you find a goblin in Pandemonium Fortress Level 1, then there is another one on the same map. The same applies to Pandemonium Fortress Level 2.

1 Like

I stand corrected. I completely forgot those two maps.

I’m not the one claiming I can play the whole game at GR 150 because thats the highest difficulty level
I said the highest difficulty level, T16 is a joke and it is, and you turned around and said GR 150 is the highest difficulty level, therefore if the highest difficulty is GR150 why are you now saying I can’t set the difficulty to GR 150 for the game after saying I can

It’s relevant because the game I bought and expected to play is nowhere near what it is was like back then and is a completely different game today and if they tried to sell D3 now as it is now I wouldn’t of bought it, same as me not playing D:I because it isn’t diablo

i dont see what the big deal is. you literally just go find chillata and kill her and get the orange legendary thingy. it took me like 5 minutes to find her, are you literally not finding the cave? its called cave of frost in act 3 bride of rorschach waypoint

1 Like

So you’re saying you’ve played a game you don’t like for 9 years because the game you originally bought was fun?

Are there still people who haven’t found the GG?

If so I hope you find it soon!

They probably miss RMAH. For some players ability to sell loot for profit is definition of Diablo.

The drop rate. Some people have farmed dozens of hours and killed Chiltara hundreds of times without getting the Gemstone to drop. The RNG can be super fickle.

I consider myself lucky that I had to farm only for couple hours for it.

2 Likes

@Sephrax

I thought the same thing but as sure as I’m sitting here typing this, it absolutely happened. I popped back to the cavern after running through whimsydale, moved to my left a bit and boom… another goblin. This one sent me to the cow level.

I wonder what % of those people who made those claims are actually telling the truth. I guarantee many of them probably ran her a half dozen times and gave up, claiming they did it all day or something.

I started noticing things like this back in 2000. I was admin for a game and there were a few people who made claims about “spending so much time” with no results and I came back with “You have a grand total of 2 hours playtime. Not sure where you’re getting this “so much time” from”.

i dont think you were killing the right mob. if you find the correct cave, theres another that looks just like it, then you just kill the special mob and it drops.

They are killing the correct mob. It is more than ‘just kill the special mob’ - the rng for it sux. And we are more than aware there are 2 different caves. Go create another nonsense troll thread, you aren’t adding anything to the discussion here.

what RNG, the special mob is there 100% of the time. you’re going in the wrong cave. check the names first.

I “did” this 3 times this season. I know the tricks.

1. First time was relatively easy ( under 30 minutes for gibbering gemstone). The black mushroom seemed more annoying.
  2. Second time helping out another player with the staff. For gemstone itself, we went 3+ hours without luck before quitting. We were running separate games for efficiency and inviting at entrance of level 2 in the right cave. My friend eventually found it on his own.
  3. Since I had all tbe parts but gg, I decided to make a “keepable” staff. I took multiple hours for gg.

My point is RNG is RNG. First time was easy. The other hunts took far longer.

P.S. Chilatra is not a guaranteed spawn.

And you call yourself a ‘genious’?

RNG for her drop rate is horrendous.
No, Chiltara is NOT 100% guaranteed to be in there (yes, we KNOW it’s the Caverns of Frost and not Icefall Caves) if playing in Adventure mode.

Go create a troll thread - at least THAT is something you truly are a ‘genious’ at doing.

2 Likes

First of all, I was 100% killing the right monster. Chiltara, in the Caverns of Frost.

If I saw the Icefall Caves entrance at the battlefield, or either the “Clear Icefall Caves” or “Cursed Glacier” bounty on the map, I instantly restarted the session.

Secondly, Chiltara is not 100% spawn. It has fairly high chance to spawn in the Caverns of Frost but it’s not guaranteed. At least not in the Adventure mode, in the Campaign mode it allegedly has 100% spawn rate but I haven’t verified this myself.

Thirdly, the Gibbering Gemstone has abysmally low drop rate from Chiltara. This last factor is the biggest hurdle.

Overall there are 3 layers of RNG with the Gibbering Gemstone:

1. Getting the Caverns of Frost to spawn.
  2. Getting Chiltara to spawn.
  3. Getting the actual drop.
2 Likes

k i just went and did it again to make sure its 100%. you’re just doing it a wrong way.