Gearing Followers post 2.7

Just like I said 2 of the defensive gems. The guys on maxroll know what they are talking about. :point_up_2:

1 Like

Will be interesting to track their full impact within NRifts. I suspect won’t benefit in mid-level gr’s

Can’t remember if it was Raxx, Wudi or someone else, but I’m fairly sure I saw a video where they showed a follower without the “cannot die” token on their follower, and it was managing to stay alive up to around GR120-130 or so, I think.

5 Likes

I also saw something similar but do not recall who it was they were talking about the 2 gems working on the followers. :gem: :gem: This could free up the follower Cannot die relic. You could replace it with the Gain access to all skills relic.

Only Templar’s Heal ability benefit from cooldown reduction. Besides that only legendary token for 50% cooldown reduction amounts to something.

Mutilation Guard and Esoteric Alteration gems and apparently Gem of Ease as stated at the very start of Followers wiki. Rest of them don’t work and apparently not worth testing.

Only magic find, gold find and experience per kill with 20% efficiency.

Very limited. For instance Captain Crimson 3-piece bonus don’t work at all; Followers don’t benefit from resource related powers besides Krede’s that they also emanate. Born’s and Guardian’s Set works for Templar pretty nicely I have read.
No idea about Blackthorne’s but it supposed to work to some degree as they get elite damage bonuses.

No. There’s a list at Followers wiki thread over at New Players Help section. For example; Bovine Bardiche or Vigilance can not be triggered by Followers but Buriza and Burning Axe of Sankis just work fine and tested by the wiki author and myself in the last month.

No idea. I don’t remember such bit from Followers wiki myself. Just I know Tasker and Theo and Asheara summon Followers don’t synergize. Go read it or just do a google search. It would give you all the answers at the first place.

1 Like

What makes you think it wasn’t reported…

30 days ago on the PTR Feedback forum we had this thread
Follower Toughness - Video Included

We also had…

Blizzard have known for a month. It’s going live like that.

4 Likes

That doesn’t mean it was intended. They go live with lots of broken things :upside_down_face:

Gem of Ease work on Followers for years as stated in Followers wiki at New Player Help section. Why do you think it’s a bug?

2 Likes

Gem of Ease works on the item… :man_facepalming:t2:

Correct, I forgot about that GoE.

And when you give it to the Follower? You’re free to check it. It certainly states Gem of Ease work on Followers and it counts as additional experience per kill bonus.

2 Likes

What toxicity are you even talking about? Why greed gem and boyarsky don’t work on Followers then? You share gold find with followers too.
I think you’re not questioning things. You’re just doubling down on everything. I just told you there was a gem working on followers and now there are two more with the recent update. Why do you think it’s a bug?

It’s not helpful when information provided isn’t right / up-to-date. That’s especially true when the correct information had already been provided in the thread, prior to you providing the incorrect information. No-one’s ganging up on you, we’re just ensuring that the correct information is being disseminated.

3 Likes

Does anyone know what is the GR cap (level) when these gems are no longer beneficial?

• 120, 130?

From the first paragraph of Follower Toughness - Video Included

I’ve found his survival to be decent, but inadequate in GR140-150. GR120 is completely fine. GR100 was fine without augments.

So, yeah, probably up to GR130+

2 Likes

Good to know for you players at the higher end.

I told you. I gave advice hole hearthedly. Your info was wrong, out dated. Told you not to sweat it. But you had to know better. Sorry bro. You asked for this.:confused:

edit: just saw Meteor’s post, very interesting, thankyou for your link! Somebody also spoke of letting them use the LoD gem, that seems pretty good too as you can upgrade them occasionally vs one time.

“If” chip worked on follower(s) with the immortal token and no Unity ring, that could be pretty amazing.

I know you can armor up the Enchantress and use the 50% cooldown, use iso & mut guard however thinking 1 or 2 hits from an arcane beam(s) while also standing in a pool of poison\lava, lightning globes (etc) simply couldn’t keep her alive for too long in higher (perhaps not too well in mid level) content. She’d also need to be aware enough of the environment to move out of the hot spots.

Just my humble opinion\2cents.

I know they won’t ‘replace’ a live player team, just nice to see a solo micro-buff for a change.

Man, you really have an attitude problem and extra-sensitivity issues… personally when I make a mistake in one of my posts and other players politely correct me (which was the case here), I just thank them :wink:

5 Likes

If that were only the case. This piling on is has been going on for years. Don’t worry one day it’ll happen to you too. Good luck!