Gather all 21 Ethereal items for Transmogrification in 1hr

Kinda sucks that solo players have to go the LV 1 route as they cannot snapshot a game. It’s still backasswards that we even have to do things this way for a season theme.

It is but it was looking like you wouldn’t be able to do it SSF at all without a huge effort so I’ll take it.

It works pretty good. Just consider:

1. You need a bunch of puzzle rings
  2. You need a bunch of puzzle rings

It took like 4 rings to get the 2 items i needed. Multiply that by 7… Anyhoo, got the achievement. Life is good.

1 Like

The level 12 rate is snapshotting. You keep the game at level 12 difficulty, so that few items can drop. The characters running the rift though need to be at least X+4 levels higher, X being the game level, or else the game will now change difficulty to that.

The vault runs, you want the game snapshotted between Level 5-10. This way, only a Leoric’s Crown or an Ethereal can drop (with the exception of a Barbarian, who can also get a Saffron Wrap). And Greed guarantees 2 drops.

Now, if you’re going solo, you can’t snapshot, so you’ll want to run normal, so that you don’t over level. Once the game is Level 11+, you go from a 50% chance of each item being an Ethereal, to a 4-7% chance.

If you can guarantee you won’t be above Level 10 after killing Greed, play as high a difficulty as you can. Some of the goblins also can guarantee a Legendary/Ethereal at T6 difficulty, and blood goblins will also give significantly more blood shards for gambling more puzzle rings. But if solo, or on the console, just play normal difficulty, and only focus on Greed drops.

Pros of GR90s:
XP
Solo Friendly
Console Friendly.
Useable gear/Ethereals
Cons:
Slow (talking to a few other people, it’s about 3-4 hours per class for all Ethereals)

Pros of Puzzle Rings:
The fastest known way to accomplish the Ethereal collection (should be between 2 hours and 8 hours to get all Ethereals, depending on if you’re in a group or solo. this includes puzzle ring farming. If you’ve been saving puzzle rings, this can take below an hour to complete the Feat of Strength.)
Console Friendly
Solo Friendly
Cons:
Requires an upfront investment of making sure you can clear high level GRs quickly for blood shard farming.
No useable Ethereals

Pros of Level 12 Snapshotted Rifts:
Fastest way to begin farming Ethereals. Once you’re above Level 40 or so, this method becomes available.
Cons:
No useable Ethereals
Not solo or console friendly
Time to collect is between the puzzle ring approach and GR approach. (3 hours as a low count, but if you’re the sole person who’s running a snapshotted rift, this is barely faster than running GR90s).

2 Likes

I did the Maxroll strat for 4 classes and they took the better part of an hour each. last 2 classes took 10 minutes and 5 puzzle rings.

Great idea. Thanks.

And yes transmogs weren’t available until I restarted the client.

Thanks for the info. I’ll try the puzzle ring method.

1 Like

As a solo player, I can confirm this works. 7 puzzle rings, 3 classes done. Great!

You don’t even need a gem of ease, just some paragon, a hellfire ring with avg damage and a hellfire amulet with main stat (or vice versa) and you’re good to go. Open a vault, slay goblins and stop slaying at level 7.

I have a level 31 monk to farm puzzle rings and I have a GoD dh to speed 80’s with for shards. Only one time (of 7), I got a single ethereal, the other 6 times, I got 2.

It is waaaay faster than the snapshot method

Can you confirm this with anything? You would need some things in order to do this. A class with a speedbuild capable of farming fast bloodshards. Need a lvl 31 char to roll for rings for a smaller chance of getting a ring. Then you need to get somewhat lucky to get the etherals themselves.
I used 7 rings and only 3 of those gave etherals and I got 5 total from it.

I made sure I was level 7 when entering the Greed realm and one time I did not get 2 (I believe I was level 9 then). I have been lucky with the distribution.

It probably feels faster, because you are guaranteed 2 legendaries from Greed, whereas the snapshot method relies on a random legendary drop.

But yeah, you’ll either need 3 char slots, or with 2 characters, you stock up on puzzle rings first, delete the lvl31 char and then get ethereals. The puzzle rings won’t be wasted anyway.

I’m just glad I can all of this solo.

But you are not guaranteed those are etherals. It has a higher chance cause of the small loot pool. But you still need to farm. I don’t say this does not work. However, I am not saying it does not work. But you still need to farm up puzzle rings. I spend 3 k bloodshards without getting any. And if you need to do this fast, you will have to gear up a char first to speedrun for shards

You have to gear up a character to speed run anyway unless you’re going to abandon the season journey. You have to gear up a character to speed run to get ethereals through snapshotting. You have to gear up a character to speed run to get them through normal play. Blood shards come through speed grifting which you’re doing anyway. You either spend them or throw them away. I spend 3K blood shards without getting anything else I want either. I spend 3k blood shards and I get six or seven puzzle rings. It’s as unlikely as getting none but it happens.

1 Like

No you do not. You need to either get all classes to lvl 16 or have a gem of ease to do so. If you talk about the snapshot method. You will need a lvl 70 weapon and that’s it. It can easily be obtained when hitting lvl 70 on your main anyways.

So that’s all you’re going to do this season? Just what’s absolutely necessary to get the transmogs? Gee that sounds like a real hoot.

Might do that tomorrow if I am desperate…
Only need one (out of 21 :smiley: )… but with 20 GR 100 I only find 5 duplicates :frowning:

Proof of the Puzzle Ring Method (from Zero to Hero):

Diablo 3 Ethereal Collection - Twitch

I ran this on Asia. Had 2 Ethereals with my Demon Hunter to start, although they also happened to drop naturally during the farming.

While I started with 8 keys, I only used 2 of them that I didn’t farm within the video. 6 hours, 8 seconds to farm all 21 Ethereals. With the exception of using a character to snapshot, every single rift, grift, and vault was solo, along with every puzzle ring collected.

Remember, if you run in a group, you’ll be sharing puzzle rings, so you’ll have to farm far fewer rifts & greater rifts. Plus, the rifts and greater rifts will go faster, and you’ll also be able to farm higher level greater rifts, meaning more blood shards, thus faster acquisition of blood shards. With a group, you should easily be able to get under 3 hours for this Feat of Strength.

3 Likes

I play however I want to. How fast I farm does not concern you. Stick to the subject instead of insulting.

1 Like

Nobody says it does not work. But there is a difference in 1 hour and 6

He’s talking just the vaults themselves. And yeah, I would agree that it might be a bit disingenuous. But in my run, I assumed I started with nothing (outside of 2 Greater Rift keys and about 300-400 of each material). No blood shards.

But this method requires that you can farm blood shards quickly, so I doubt you’ll be this handicapped if you want to take this approach, as you’ll need to be pretty geared up with at least one character. You go with a group of 4, and 2-3 hours should easily be doable to complete the entire collection from nothing. (And by this time, you’ll probably have a Puzzle Ring or two already in your stash to help cut down on time).

But the titel states it is in 1 hour. That is not doable at all unless you did all the prep work before this. And you are still not guaranteed an etheral per puzzle ring run. I had 3 runs with no etherals drop

It is the subject. You’re saying people have to do all these things they’re doing anyway like its an additional burden.

Yes no one can do it in an hour. Every method takes time and preparation.

1 Like