Gather all 21 Ethereal items for Transmogrification in 1hr

Gather all 21 Ethereal items for Transmogrification in 1hr

Steps:

1. Prepare a Character at level 5 to 10 for every classes (Level 7 is suggested)
  2. Prepare a level-1 powerful weapon for all classes by using Gem of Ease with Kanai’s Cube
  3. Use the Legendary power of Illusory Boots with Kanai’s Cube
  4. Prepare Puzzie rings
  5. Put one of the Puzzie rings into Kanai’s Cube to open Goblin’s Vault
  6. Enter Goblin’s Vault and kill the boss Greed only
  7. Greed will drop two legendary items, each of which has 50% chance to be an Ethereal item
  8. Repeat steps 1-7
18 Likes
  1. Have a gazillion puzzle rings at hand
6 Likes

Thanks for sharing this!

1 Like

Only hard part is the deleting all those characters for emptying slots I guess. I think you also need at least one level 70. I see Greed’s Vault getting mentioned alot too. Thanks for sharing it.

Nice tip there, thank you!

EDIT: I also presume you’d want to open the vault at T6? And also, that’s based off ordinary Puzzle Ring, not accounting for Ancient or Primal yet right? (but then again the other 2 variant only gives more goblins)

In this case it is just for Transmogs - not for powerful weapons. You want the game set to the low level which limits the legendary table. Only a TINY few things drop at that level which is what this method is about.

3 Likes

And many do not have puzzle rings. This is rather bad tbh. Do the snapshot method, it works just fine

I think that over the course of the whole season people will find enough Puzzle rings. We just have to save them up instead of giving into the gold temptation. Plus by the end of the season, most should have a handful (if not more) of ethereals so they won’t need as many rings. I have 19 to go and it’s only been a few days into the season.

1 Like

Note, let Greed survive a little bit. Kill the goblins that spawn. You can very easily triple or quadruple your gains.

5 Likes

Problem is, most of us are going to give up long before we get those puzzle rings. And we really shouldn’t have to cheese game mechanics like this to get these either. I think that’s the pirmary point players have been trying to make about this very badly implemented seasonal theme.

5 Likes

Not everyone have the time. A puzzle ring does not secure an etheral drop either.

It’s not guaranteed but at least we have a small reason to gamble rings from Kadala to upgrade them later now.

Seems like another good option for people who don’t want to do the group method.

Does it matter what level rings you use?

Just need one character slot. Make a barb, get the 3 ethereals. Delete the barb. Make a monk, get the 3 ethereals. Delete the monk, etc, etc, etc. until completed.

3 Likes

As far as I know, it shouldn’t matter. Puzzle ring drops as early as level 30 or so. If it can be cubed for its power then it should be good for opening a Vault. Drop chance of Ethereals won’t get any better, but if you can find an Ancient Puzzle Ring after you hit level 70, you can silently gloat as it leads you into Ancient Vault. Items won’t appear ancient before they hit level 70 as I remember.

I don’t disagree.

Back when the ethereals were announced/decribed, one of my first thoughts was that every player who isn’t a somewhat dedicated grinder is about to have a seasonal experience that’s essentially the same as non-season.

And I feel that was a bad design choice for something that’s supposed to augment play for everyone.

EDIT: Having tried this out, it’s actually working really well.

5 Likes

You can roll shards on a level 31 character. There are only three possible legendary rings, one of them being the Puzzle Ring.

There’s a stupid easy way to get Puzzle rings.

Once you have your rings use a level 5 character and use some cubed Illusory Boots. You can try slightly higher characters. It’s best to use the cube recipe on the gem of ease and your weapon you don’t want the XP on your vault runs. Do not stop to kill things just get to Greed and kill her. Killing things will boost your level and make her harder to kill. If you level too high it reduces the chances of getting an ethereal to drop.

4 Likes

Why you keep insisting these puzzle rings runs? You most likely want to spend bloodshards on a second char or your main one. 2-4 hours farming a lvl 12 game on a lvl16+ char is rather easy and faster.

It takes fewer blood shards and deaths Breaths and you can do it solo without setting up multiple snapshot games.

1 Like