Game kept on crashing with patch 2.6.10

8th time this week tis crash happens
the last one : E514D4C2-ED16-4373-AF0B-E6D5D787B257
Mode Softcore during adventure mode “Forgé au Combat” Quest

It happens even in Rift, Greater Rift
Lot of freezes

Hope you will rollback lost character in hardcore
Lost best character Barbarian due to this crash during a greater rift…

This patch is awful…

I ran a simple “scan and repair”. It did update something after scanning, and now the Belial crash is gone.
Guys, please try if this fixes your crashes as well.

my game crashed yesdarday on stream twice

I ran a Scan & Repair.
After scanning it told me that no repair was required.

Adventure Mode, Act II, City of Caldeum, heading towards Belial.
Ran all the way from waypoint to Belial’s entrance, three times, no crashes.

Campaign Mode, Act IV, Fall of the High Heavens, Begin Quest.
As you approach Tyrael, crash to desktop.

Crash ID
0D9C0144-790C-44AB-8F0C-40E6CA6B688B

1 Like

Might not be related. Boubou and I found that couldn’t reproduced anymore yesterday.

I didn’t do any Scan and Repair yesterday.

I ran Scan and Repair today and got a download same as you. Same, no crash at Belial, but still crash when approaching Tyrael.

1 Like

It’s been a few days…

Hasn’t crashed for me since either going to Belial or entering the Sewers of Caldeum but I see others are having that issue…

I tried this, and it is working atm. Haven’t tested it other than City of Caldeum and killing Belial though.
But looking good so far.

Same issue on my Xbox One S in “Gardens of hope, 1st tier” level. Complete blocker issue. Re-installation not fixes the issue. I can’t proceed with compain. Guys, when you will release fix for this? I can show crash screencast, if needed.

Yes, same here. 2A4924CF-F29A-42A3-B74A-10AF44270F3C
Edit: I uninstalled D3 and redownloaded it from scratch, still crashes.

Yep, same…

This crash started happening to me yesterday (11/14/2020) and is consistent. I am in Act 4, heading from Bastion’s Keep to The Great Span after Killing Izual and returning to the Keep to drop off stuff from full inventory. After returning to the Span, by the time I take a few steps, it crashes to the desktop. I am obviously playing in Campaign mode using a monk. Virus & malware scans are negative. Do not use Avast or AVG. Scandisk showed no errors. Game had been working perfectly up to that point. Nothing new has been added/changed/removed since the last working game session. It is consistent enough to be able to reproduce at will. Hesitant to remove and re-install as historically that has never worked for me regarding Blizzard products.

Update: just tried another toon. Using my demon hunter in adventure mode, I went from the Keep to the Span and encountered no issues at all. Difficulty level for both cases is Torment 1. I do not have any other toons in Act 4 in Campaign mode in order to test additional consistency and stability.

game crashes in act 4 when you pass the teleport playing on campaign mode…its been for several days now…i´ve got original case of diablo 3 and the expansion also…

Same here, I have tried all the steps of this post and nothing works. It is crashing in act IV everywhere for me. Im in asia. Please fix this soon.

report ID number 27DFA5E9-ED9D-4B07-B6F0-B7557F4629A3
it always happens when I pass the teleport sign , I´ve tried everything else…

Have you tried to start from “Kill Azmodan (Act 3)”, then continuing to Act IV, doing Act IV in one sitting, then start Act V until you get to the first save point ?

Blizzard is looking into this issue but there is no ETA for a fix.

Did you also uninstall Battle.net, shut down the computer, then Installed Battle.net again, then Diablo III ?

Nope.
D3 can be run without battle.net, so how should battle.net be able to crash it?
I didn’t wipe my ssd and reinstalled Windows from scratch either.

I believe I have a possible solution after encountering this bug in co-op play on the Great Span area.

After I entered the level from the Crystal Collonade and walked through to the waypoint, my friend teleported to me, and crashed. But I did not crash. This gave me the idea - can you walk from the Crystal Collonade area, enter the great span, walk through, enter the Crystal Spire Level 2, and have a partner teleport to you?

It turns out you can. My conclusion is that the crash only occurs when you teleport (via portal or by waypoint) into the affected area. If you enter manually, no crash occurs. Hopefully this helps folks who are struggling in Act 2 as well.

1 Like

Hey,

Same issue here, Act IV crashes like everyone. I’m on MacOS 10.15.7. It’s freezing my Macbook (and need to power off my computer, no other way), when teleporting directly to Silver Spire Level 2 or when starting back from beginning of Act IV (as recommended workaround seen here previously).
Any other workaround ?
Thanks a lot,

Has there been any updates on a fix?