Game kept on crashing with patch 2.6.10

Yes, 3E3AC290-96CE-4BE4-9967-CC911A953D79 for me.
Nvidia Geforce 1060
Win 10 64bit

E079290D-00E3-4BD4-9774-90A74FAC2E96 This is the Crash Report I am getting when in Act 4 my guess it is the same for the rest of you
 I have updated my Graphics card to the most current and still nothing.

It’s nothing to do with your graphics drivers. This is affecting PC users whether using nVidia or AMD cards, and console players who clearly don’t have the variance of graphics cards PC users do. This is something introduced with Patch 2.6.10 that Blizzard will need to fix, hopefully by Tuesday, in time for Season 22’s start because, if not, it will prevent the completion of the Season Journey and some Conquests.

Campaign mode, Gardens of Hope 2nd tier on the quest the Light of Hope to find portal to the crystal colonnade.

4ACB46DA-8E14-41FE-A393-810E363426AC
91DC93C1-FFE4-4C04-B686-36D269B63BEE
FD3009E5-4087-4F43-BE69-BBF038C54061

My Monk tried to get to Great Span and four times the game crashed.
Last code was 18947C05-443E-42BF-8BD8-8BCE16971715.
Tried to use both types of the portals with same result.
Yesterday game works (not in that zone).

First I tried to fix it.

1. I rested the cache folder.
  2. I used “Scan and Repair” option in the Battle.net App for Diablo III.
  3. I downgraded the graphic card driver to the last official Windows 8.1 x64 version Crimson ReLive Edition 17.7.1 from AMD. Normally I use the Windows 7 x64 Driver under Windows 8.1 Pro x64.
  4. I upgraded the Radeon Software to 20.11.1. I used the Windows 7 x64 driver.
  5. I run the “dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth” command to check and repair the Windows 8.1 Pro x64 component store.
  6. I used “sfc /scannow” to check and repair Windows 8.1 Pro x64
  7. I checked the partition D:\ with the “chkdsk /F”.

None of these steps solved my problem.

If I start the Quest “Fall of the high Heavens” I got a crash if I go to Thyreal. The problem is 100% reproducible.

If I start the quest “Heart of Sin, kill Azmodan” and end them I can change to Act V. After the port to Act V I can end the quest “Fall of the high Heavens” without any issues.

The issues started with patch V2.6.10

I got a another crash if I start in the adventure mode. If you start in Act I and you try to port to Act II “City of Caldeum” you also got a crash.

D3Debug.txt If you start in Act I and you try to port to Act II “City of Caldeum” you got a crash.

https://pastebin.com/u3hV5Rh6

D3Debug.txt Crash if you start with quest “Fall of the high Heavens”.

https://pastebin.com/3YcitHy1

Crash Report ID: 0B8D714E-F2D4-4C1D-943F-A2AC2FBA2037

My System:
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965
GPU: Radeon RX 480 8GB V-Ram
RAM: 2x 4GB DDR3 1600MHz
Motherboard: Asus M5A99X Evo R2.0

Same act 4 campaign, 9FBDC830-45FF-4980-BE01-87A77A37C234 error code.

UPDATE on Day 4 post-patch

Success! The game now appears to be working normally.

Steps taken:

1. Complete uninstall of Diablo 3 from Windows Control panel
  2. Complete uninstall of Battle.net from Windows Control panel
  3. Full shutdown of rig (not a Restart) and then fresh boot up.
  4. Reinstalled Battle.net
  5. Reinstalled Diablo 3 (allowed a full install)
  6. Again did a full shutdown of rig (not a Restart) and then fresh boot up.
  7. Started Diablo 3, tested problem areas. Game working as intended.

Issues appear to be resolved with the fresh install.

1 Like

Reinstalling in different folder after similar crash in City of Caldeum. OK, I can confirm that a reinstall fixes the problem. My guess is there is an issue with the patch process that involves those areas, both in Act II and Act IV. I have only tested in Act II.

8th time this week tis crash happens
the last one : E514D4C2-ED16-4373-AF0B-E6D5D787B257
Mode Softcore during adventure mode “ForgĂ© au Combat” Quest

It happens even in Rift, Greater Rift
Lot of freezes

Hope you will rollback lost character in hardcore
Lost best character Barbarian due to this crash during a greater rift

This patch is awful

I ran a simple “scan and repair”. It did update something after scanning, and now the Belial crash is gone.
Guys, please try if this fixes your crashes as well.

my game crashed yesdarday on stream twice

I ran a Scan & Repair.
After scanning it told me that no repair was required.

Adventure Mode, Act II, City of Caldeum, heading towards Belial.
Ran all the way from waypoint to Belial’s entrance, three times, no crashes.

Campaign Mode, Act IV, Fall of the High Heavens, Begin Quest.
As you approach Tyrael, crash to desktop.

Crash ID
0D9C0144-790C-44AB-8F0C-40E6CA6B688B

1 Like

Might not be related. Boubou and I found that couldn’t reproduced anymore yesterday.

I didn’t do any Scan and Repair yesterday.

I ran Scan and Repair today and got a download same as you. Same, no crash at Belial, but still crash when approaching Tyrael.

1 Like

It’s been a few days

Hasn’t crashed for me since either going to Belial or entering the Sewers of Caldeum but I see others are having that issue

I tried this, and it is working atm. Haven’t tested it other than City of Caldeum and killing Belial though.
But looking good so far.

Same issue on my Xbox One S in “Gardens of hope, 1st tier” level. Complete blocker issue. Re-installation not fixes the issue. I can’t proceed with compain. Guys, when you will release fix for this? I can show crash screencast, if needed.

Yes, same here. 2A4924CF-F29A-42A3-B74A-10AF44270F3C
Edit: I uninstalled D3 and redownloaded it from scratch, still crashes.

Yep, same

This crash started happening to me yesterday (11/14/2020) and is consistent. I am in Act 4, heading from Bastion’s Keep to The Great Span after Killing Izual and returning to the Keep to drop off stuff from full inventory. After returning to the Span, by the time I take a few steps, it crashes to the desktop. I am obviously playing in Campaign mode using a monk. Virus & malware scans are negative. Do not use Avast or AVG. Scandisk showed no errors. Game had been working perfectly up to that point. Nothing new has been added/changed/removed since the last working game session. It is consistent enough to be able to reproduce at will. Hesitant to remove and re-install as historically that has never worked for me regarding Blizzard products.

Update: just tried another toon. Using my demon hunter in adventure mode, I went from the Keep to the Span and encountered no issues at all. Difficulty level for both cases is Torment 1. I do not have any other toons in Act 4 in Campaign mode in order to test additional consistency and stability.