Galvanzing Ward Exploit

This passive works calculating shield based on snap shot current gear/paragon vitality. Meaning it can be exploited by gearing / allocating paragon points to full vitality, snap shot HP amount to generate shield and the amount remains unchanged through out GR. Changing floors does not change snap shot points. Current known snap shot point of change is remake the game. Its 100% certain this is a bug and not as intended. This passive should change to dynamic or snap shot point per GR / Rift spawn/ floor changing.

Here is a video demonstrating how the snap shot works:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzGxBhu-76w&t=3s

If Rob takes this vid down, i can record my own video explaining this exploit.

If Rend breaks balance, this passive breaks balance for wizard too as a 12-20 million shield pretty much guarantees squirts up time now that known bugs penetrating various shields is fixed.

7 Likes

Or you can save the video to your hard drive and repost it lol

2 Likes

Iā€™ve not heard about this bug, but they should just make it so that people canā€™t change paragon points during GR. The shield (magic weapon/deflection) goes down once you start a fresh GR, and you need to reactivated so wonā€™t snapshot bonuses from the gear you were wearing before entering the rift, because you canā€™t change gear once GR starts.

1 Like

Watch the video and try it before replying based. This exploit is real.

Well, provided that shield last 10minutes ofcourse itā€™s not going to change, during the GR unless you reactivated with diffrent bonuses in paragon. I still donā€™t belive gear has any effect except the one you are wearing during GR.

It snap shots based on total vit. You can craft full vit gears, snap shot and change back to dps gears BEFORE entering GR. Dont believe? Try out your selfs. Go watch the video first. If you think outside the box, why do you still need MW: Deflection if GW gives you multi million shield?? Wouldnt you want extra damage from FW even its additive??

It does what your video link does on VYRā€™s but on Firebirds it definitely adds the increased shield value and keeps the shield value entering the GR, but loses the invulnerability.

Unless you need the suicide 3rd ignite, does it matter? FB cheat death is prevent accidental death and compensates with a set bonus. While it takes character away from a phoenix rising from ashes theme, isnt point of cheat death is to keep you ALIVE? The exploit grants you invulnerability to some extend.

Agreed but it seems like there is something in VYRā€™s triggering it where it does not in Firebirds. Not knowing enough about the mechanics I cannot provide anything valuable to add to even approximate ā€˜howā€™, but there is a noticeable difference.

They already have.

You can add new points you earn inside the grift, but you canā€™t reset the points you already have

Any found exploits are not suppose to be posted in the forumsā€¦ There is an e-mail for thatā€¦

1 Like

With one of the head developerā€™s favorite character being Wizard, Iā€™d believe otherwise. If that exploit is not fixed right away at the start of next season guess weā€™ll have our answer. Galvanizing Ward is a very old ability and thereā€™s no way of telling if other Wizard players abused this or not.

Well, I tried on PTR the nerfed vyr wizz and wasnā€™t able to survive with squirts necklace. And when I checked the wizz NS LB on PTR all the wizz went with CR+TP. So Iā€™m confused if the nerfed vyr will can benefit the squirt or notā€¦

Might I ask where you got that one or more of the current devsā€™ favorite class is Wizard? Youā€™re thinking of the previous (named) dev team and its members. D3 is handled by the Classic team now. Iā€™m fairly confident we havenā€™t been made aware of any favoritism they might have toward any given class. In fact, seeing as theyā€™re trying to be fairly evenhanded with what theyā€™re doing for balance, Iā€™d say your assumption is a bit of a stretch.

1 Like

The issue is; him or they, made their mark on the game before attending to another team or splitting to another projects. My remark can be taken as a half-joke but also serious.

However, the question is; do lead dev has any influence on this old game anymore? As being a head dev, even former, major changes shouldnā€™t be accepted without his supervision. What Classic games team know about Diablo 3? They should have Team3 members in their ranks and I doubt thatā€™d be the case with them working on a bigger project.

Yeah, but I still see nothing contradicting. Game was under the influence of that team long enough for their legacy to last to this day.
The whole point is; this exploit looks very old as itā€™s irrelevant to the new patch. They shouldā€™ve get bug reports on that years ago and fix it already.

They agreed to remove Paragon swap in GRs after it became a part of the darn game, remove any health potion related snapshot from Monks and Demon Hunters, yet can not ā€œfixā€ and ā€œrepairā€ such details on Wizards. May be they shouldā€™ve ask the old Team3 members if they havenā€™t yet?

You can do that. But snaphoted is only first shield. Each renovation of shield will be according actual gear and paragon points. Snapshoted shield helps only on the begin of GR.
I tried it in real GR (played real whole GR). From 8,5 min GR (tried GR123 on live server) it helps approximately first 40s.

2 Likes

Not for me, maybe its the paragon difference. Mine lasts entire rift and i dont use deflection anymore

So?? All deserved to know. Its also emailed. Its a retaliation move against numerous troll accounts requests Rend nerfs for no reason.

Any future wiz buffs will demand nerfs and its exploit gameplay will be revealed to as wide as public audience as possible.

2 Likes

In high GR when pushing? In low GR is possible, but when pushing (when it does matter)? If yes, than show it in video.

I tested that in 4p 148 and blizzard will decide whether it needs attention. I am not obligated to fix their bugs. It has reported to bugs forum and also emailed. If they care about it, they will look at it.

In 4p maybe it is diferent with party member support (grouping mobs and defense buffs). Test it soloā€¦

Solo when pushing with necessarily agresive play is not possible.

But I agree, that is better to fix it (even I will not bother to use it if it will not fixed).

Same problem had discussed in DH forum and coclusion was, that is usesseles to snapshot Molten shield.