G150 ceiling cap bad idea

Being restricted to G150 sucks as there is an end in sight and negates the need to create further rift torment levels which is needed due to material farming been time consuming especially the bounty materials.

Rethink the G150 cap and keep raising the ceiling or remove it completely. It is now like playing the campaign in so much as there is an end in sight. Why not increase the spawn health and damage substantially more than what you currently do if you are so adamant on a silly G150 cap because this alone will assure the games death in the mid-term!!!

Peace & Love!

5 Likes

Um…

1. Did you pwn a GR 150?
    1a) If you did, was it in S19 or before?
    1b) If you haven’t, why do you care?
  2. How many people do you think will get to GR 150 in S20?
  3. Out of curiosity, how many people have pwn’d a GR 150 in non-season?
    3a) How many Paragon Levels did they have?
    3b) How many hours were devoted to that one toon to get to GR150?

I am sure I can go on, but why?

13 Likes

Not relevant and you have most of the answers if you understand what was aforementioned in the initial post starting this topic. Any answers that are not within the main body of that post will not be forth coming!!!

Peace & Love!

I hope they leave the cap for GR 150. It gives them a hard ceiling to work with for attempting to balance builds and sets. There is no reason to extend it further, as there is nothing new being added beyond bigger numbers on the monsters, which is typically followed by outcries from players for bigger numbers.

Bigger numbers don’t solve anything, as nothing truly changes. It’s just part of the power creep cycle that has been going on for several years that has resolved nothing.

14 Likes

You beat GR150?

:partying_face:

CONGRATULATIONS
You beat the game!!

Now go outside and do something worthwhile!!

:expressionless:

20 Likes

There’s no need for it to even go that high…:roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

It’s just arbitrary. They could simply divide all damage by 10000, knock everyone back to GR60, and restart the game, and it would literally change nothing. The fact that monsters damage is capped, and you are just racing the added zeros in their health bar makes the GR cap just a fairytale designed to get people to chase it.

11 Likes

So basically you didn’t and this post of yours in moot at best.
Okay, I admit I got trolled. Grats broski you get +1 internet.

1 Like

competition, LB and PvP sucks as main endgame in an aRPG.

2 Likes

The GR150 cap doesnt negates/restrict the need for more higher torment levels. They can just rescale the difficulty and rewards, for some reason they just refuse to do so and wont state why.

Why do people keep posting the same old GR150 arguments without searching the previous topics. Technical max of GR is due to reaching the 64-bit integer limit. (somewhere around GR158 or 159. GR150 was selected to not approach that maximum.
Iria posted

As I just wrote in another thread, the maximum GR technically possible will be around 160 or so. This comes from the fact that the RG life in a 4 player game reaches the 64-bit integer limit (‭18,446,744,073,709,551,615‬) after that point so either the monsters’ life would be capped or some new datatype must be implemented into the game (which would require a lot of coding).

see Greater rift past 150
Why gr 150 is max.?

1 Like

Greater Rifts and the fact there is a GR150 just shows what crap D3s endgame is and how little effort blizzard puts into it

1 Like

Endgame? you are pushing GRs to break some solo or group record, it’s not a campaign. Then the leaderboards reset. :slightly_smiling_face:

Re: 64 bit integer limit.

Technically, they could just add a non-regen wizard shield to monsters above GR 150, and start scaling that up to the limit as well.

1 Like

you should watch the fate video i posted a few days ago and see where that leads to.

at some point the game will reach an astounding 90 000T per nano seconds and it wont even be of any help in those rifts.
when kids and lame// lazy players decide what happens you usually end up with a huge pile of dung.

I like having a hard ceiling that is obtainable.

1 Like

A division of the HP values and proportionalely adjusted item affix values would eliminate this argument. Not that it solves the issue of the infinite scalar mechanic, but there ya go.

The day you reach G150…

:grinning:… :neutral_face:…
:pensive:

150 in 15 mins is not an end. In s19, we pushed for 5min clears which required aditional game knowledge and experience. Now we are pushing for less than 3min clears but this requires only 4 drops so 2barbs have to play as fast as possible. This means there is still tons to push for it is actually a lot of fun to push for 3min. Back in the day when were pushing for 130, we didnot know if we could even finish the rift in time until played it for 10 mins. So here is the upside i can finish the rift even if i dont get the LB reward and up my gems and get some more exp. Also it wasnot fun to go through the rifts one by one to get to pushing gr. Now i can push with 150gems and its already open i dont have to get to it. I think it is perfect the way it is.

You CANNOT understand it if you havent even get to 150 and pushed. So it is relevant.
Also, 150 cap stays because its fun i dont really care about that 64bit thing. I dont think that devs are limited by that because there are mathematically tons of ways to work around it without changing 64bits or anything.

Peace & Love

2 Likes

easy fix: nerf all current builds by 50%. Problem solved…no need to increase the GR limit. If you’ve cleared a GR150, then congrats. Most people haven’t, and never will.

D3 was meant to be a loot game, not a paragon farming game…

6 Likes

Just out of curiosity how much of a nerf do you think that is. It might not be what you expected. Also think about 3 min clears in season 19. How long would it take for them to clear with that nerf. Monster health doesnot increase linearly it is logarithmic so ;
5 lvl is almost 2x
10 lvl is almost 4x
15 lvl is almost 8x

Your nerf would only make us finish 145 in the sametime as 150 now. And we finish it very fast.

1 Like