From the Barb Community: DO NOT NERF REND

Read the last 20-30 messages of this thread.

Oops, I assumed they were being sarcastic.

Folks, remember that D3 has one CM–Nev–and that she wears many hats at Blizzard. She also has to pass whatever she is going to post through a lot of bureaucratic filters. She will post whenever she is able, of that I’m certain.

9 Likes

Also remember that theres only one Dev programmer who coded Lamentation. If this guy is on vacation, or ill, or drunk after Blizzcon - we are DOOMED!

Ok, so there may be some reasonable explanation for silence.

But what if someone were to go on a rampage and break a bunch of forum rules, really bad stuff…would that just get auto-flagged the computer AI?

How long before a real live moderator got involved? I’m guessing not long at all…

Do you see my point?

Forum moderators are not part of dev team. they have no influence on balance in the game.

2 Likes

It’s Friday, the Season ends this weekend, I’m positive we’ll hear something today.

1 Like

Dear Devs, please don’t nerf the lamentation belt. I’m so excited to play the WW Set next season!

5 Likes

Moderators, CMs, and devs are all separate positions. Nev can act like a moderator if necessary, but her job has a lot more moving parts and responsibilities. And like I said, before anyone can post anything, it has to go through reams of red tape.

Blizzard is a giant corporation. They’re not a small, artsy development studio.

2 Likes

lolz did the same…put the catalog on shuffle in the background while running a few last rifts in S18!

But seriously, how can you take

over Number of the Beast and Powerslave???

“It’s Friday; you ain’t got no job… you ain’t got sh1t to do”

Yep.

http:/ /www.warpath.eu /

Math. Look at the website above and picture Zedark’s 140 with mobs from the bottom half of the list, after sorting the list from best to worst. He isn’t going to clear that 140. He got some of if not the best mobs for that clear (small hitboxes/slow to attack) and still barely beat it.
Only on the PTR (solo) do you see 80%+ progression on one floor. Haven’t seen anyone make mention of the fact that the PTR Greater rift’s are different than the live Greater rifts. They are; the ptr offers better than live GR’s way more often than not.

Ability to bring full damage to bear on the most monsters (see above) with minimal disruption of grouping/mob following from said map. Think open Act 1 GR vs sewers or any A5 map. There is a point where ability to group isn’t going to matter because you don’t have the damage to kill the monsters fast enough for the required progress.

More math; does your specific build benefit more from mobility or a ‘damage initiation’ (primary to activate F+R? not sure what damage initiation means in this context) skill.

Fishing for the best rift mathematically for your given setup.

No Lamentation nerf devs; take it to 300-400% from 200.

3 Likes

Barbs have been trash for 18 seasons.

Wizards and necros have been GODLIKE for 18 seasons.

Now Barb is finally CLOSE to them and it has to be nerfed?

Ridiculous.

Undo the Barb nerf.

18 Likes

Haha! Good question!

Powerslave is great, but to me, it doesn’t hold up to the all-time jams on Seventh Son. “The Evil That Men Do” alone trumps anything on Powerslave. Just my opinion, of course. I mean, it’s Iron Maiden, and they don’t have a lot of bad songs.

1 Like

Electric Rend (eye) Judas Priest.

I’m a full-time homeschooling dad (the residual income from my MLM allows this).

:wink:

Lost me with:

Steve Harris – bass guitar, synthesizer

that word should never appear in a metal band credit.

Stylistically, Seventh Son of a Seventh Son developed the sounds first heard on Somewhere in Time, although, on this occasion, the synth effects were created by keyboards rather than bass or guitar synthesisers.

Kinda like saying Jump is more epic than Unchained…

But true - any Maiden is good Maiden!

Hey, don’t hate on synths! They add a lot of texture to the soundscape. What would Fear Factory be without some of that electronic wizardry?

Now, if we’re talking Van Halen, well, I love that band, but I’m gonna ruffle some feathers when I say Hagar > Roth.

Don’t get me wrong, I love Roth, too. But Hagar was the man.

1 Like

Stick to barb stuff, you lost all credibility with that statement.

1 Like

3 Likes