From the Barb Community: DO NOT NERF REND

Theres at least 1 other topic with over 1k replies to it.

BREAKING NEWS

I have spoken to Nev. Additional info and context is coming in the very near future. As I predicted, the return from BlizzCon coincided with a lot of other problems and has greatly delayed official Blizzard communication. More info is coming soon, I promise!

In the meantime, keep this thread visible, and keep being amazing!

This has been an update of the Barb News Team. And now over to Bill for the weather and weird dancing.

30 Likes

Free and the others are right on their assessment that removal of the rend damage bonus is about a 7 GR reduction. If Blizzard changed it to 100% rend damage buff, it would be ~3.5 GR relative to the PTR.

2 Likes

Well tuneout and I just committed mutually assured destruction in the fluffy streamer thread and got our posts deleted by the mods so I’m sure they’re enjoying themselves

1 Like

And that’s another good point.

Fix Lamentation we need the damage multiplier.

1 Like

15 Likes

Good ! Now, we just have to wait, and in the meantime, Death Stranding is coming tomorrow, so everything starts to smell good !

1 Like

Blizzard should buff Rend on lamentation to 300-400% and everyone will be happy :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

If I agree with what you are saying, you know it must be factual :wink:

2 Likes

4 Likes

We know the patch notes are coming monday or tueaday. We don’t know if its what you wanna hear.

Nah, not unless there’s gene wilder in them.

I can picture the barb community running around with papers in hand like a scene from the stock market exchange, staring at a screen for patch notes.

Not everything in Diablo comes down to math. And not everything has been tested. E.g. lamentation allowing rend to stack twice and whether or not that would be a noticeable effect or if it would even work. Obviously if it works it’s still a nerf and obviously stacking twice isn’t going to correlate to a 100% damage increase because you have to hit enemies twice within a second. But assuming there’s no ICD then it could potentially be beneficial and not be a 7 gr nerf. If it worked perfectly, probably more like a 5 gr nerf.

4 Likes

You can’t drop a bomb like that and then not tell us what was said :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

It was thoroughly tested in PTR. The only thing that might change is Lamentation’s multiplier. The belt’s stacking was tested in PTR. The only questions that remained were with regards to Ambo’s vs hard-cast Rends overwriting one another, something that will be very, very difficult–maybe impossible–to test.

On paper, 200% = 10 GRs of damage, but we’ve already factored in how the Rend detonations will be double-stacked due to Lamentation, hence this particularly nerf = 7 GRs.

4 Likes

Welcome to the Most Hated NERF i think ive seen since Vanilla.
Bring back 200%

12 Likes

I just went back and reread the patch notes on lamentation. You are right, I am wrong.

400% would be nice as well. Barbs wanna have fun!

7 Likes

No worries, it’s really easy to overlook it the way the patch notes were written. It was actually the first thing I tested when PTR hit.

Can’t wait for more official news because I’m already sick of Bill’s dancing.

6 Likes