From the Barb Community: DO NOT NERF REND

Yes it did. That affix has been on that belt for quite some time.

2 Likes

Yes it did. The 200% multiplier was in addition to the double stack.

Without an additional multiplier, Rend is going to take a huge nerf.

8 Likes

U[quote=“Basshead-11137, post:1051, topic:5766, full:true”]
Its only critical hit damage increase not a flat rend damage multiplicative increase like the lamentation belt was.
[/quote]

Ah yes, thank you. I’m on vacation right now and don’t have my computer in front of me - 50% crit dmg vs 50% increase in damage was a brain fart on my part, my bad. Though I still stand by it not being a direct 7 gr nerf. It’s a big nerf sure, but none of the math took into effect how lamentation without the damage modifier may or may not be useful (we don’t know since nobody can test it yet - for all we know there is an internal cool down on the belt) and witching hour will still add damage that the calculations didn’t account for and the direct base damage modifier crit damage gives to rend may still end up being BiS.

18 Likes

What?

Our math is spot-on. Witching Hour’s 50% CHD is, of course, a damage increase, but without an additional separate multiplier to Rend, it’s negligible.

Stop trying to downplay how big a loss this could be to the build. Without an additional multiplier, Rend, and the build as a whole, is going to be much weaker than it was on PTR.

11 Likes

Literally said “its a big nerf” in my opening sentence. I’m pointing out you can’t call it a 7 gr nerf, because it isn’t and lamentation’s usefulness post nerf is still untested

WH damage increase it’s about 13% damage increase… that is not even 1 GR level lol.

Also you can’t cube witching hour, so you have to wear it and lose captain crimson. WH is a relic from the past that is no longer relevant in the metagame.

5 Likes

You can call it that though, because the math backs it up.

1 Like

Okay, what I’m trying to say is that losing 200% damage as a multiplier = 7 GRs of power. It might be a little more, and it might be a little less because there are some mechanics at play that are hard to calculate, such as the detonations of Rend. But it is very easy to come up with an accurate estimate if you compare the multiplier value (200%) to the scaling health of mobs in a GR (17% increase per tier).

That’s an excellent point. Witching Hour is not a very good belt.

Generally speaking, 20% more damage expressed as a multiplier = 1 GR.

3 Likes

jesus, some of the memes are so awful in this thread. it’s like boomers using meme generator with no thought put into it.

1 Like

Ran out of ideas already :slight_smile:

Overall, excellent point - forgot about captain crimsons belt

1 Like

Hmm why I cannot post? Ah ok forums are apparently overloaded. Sometimes it is in read only mode.

Says in read only or did a min ago…

Error 37

D4 is gonna give me flashbacks.

How many of us just assumed we’d finally got a suspension over all the barb arguing? :rofl:

5 Likes

I have one for you :slight_smile:

That was my last one for at least couple hours…

10 Likes

See Blizzard?! Our anger broke your precious forums. Fix this nerf or its gonna get worse.

I kid, I kid.

1 Like

I was thinking how many CMs would be needed to find out all the CoC issues in these threads lol

5 Likes

Free, finally you did it man. Your thread is about to hit the post limit I think. You bet you can increase the cap?

4 Likes