From the Barb Community: DO NOT NERF REND

Replied.

If that doesn’t do it, it’s hopeless. And honestly, if you want to copy/paste my response and spread it around whenever someone starts in about “powercreep” or balance, you have my full permission.

3 Likes

Thanks, he was so annoying in the Squirts necklace will need a nerf if thread, that I was close to explode and get banned…

He was advocating for a nerf to Squirt’s, (chantodo’s too) because in his opinion it was broken, cause it benefited ranged classes more than close combat ones and of course his biggest problem with the game was always powercreep, he blamed it’s the reason this game is so bad…

Anyway I need to calm down, cause I don’t want to end up silenced again -.-, for being against nerfs and supporting classes to be on par at least in 4-5 GR range…

God, this guy, he keeps saying I don’t care about barbs and that I’m no barb and that I only care about my UE Multishot build and wouldn’t mind if any other was nerfed as long not mine…

I even admited I might said something like that earlier way before the PTR in the Squirt thread, becasue I didn’t believe barbs actually might get anything based on how they were treating for years and always forgotten and neglected…

Of course other classes buffs are the reason why barb is so weak and just because Squirt’s Necklace isn’t designed for barbs or any other close combat class it needs to be nerfed…

I just can’t reply to him directly or it might end bad for me…

5 Likes

If barb is to be close wiz 200% lamentation isn’t even enough. Maybe 400%. Sounds too much? Do the math. We need more, man.

Also thanks Gasnick, for your support. I know you ain’t a main barb. This mean too much

3 Likes

400 replies. Maybe Blizz will see this.

1 Like

Right? Even though Free and I see politics from an opposite perspective, i’d gladly vote on him for president of the barb community.

6 Likes

The ironic thing about class balance is that it could be relatively straight forward to get all class to within a GR or 2 of each other using basic mathematics.

This thread was made in August so the numbers are old.
See:

1 Like

People laughed off my claims that the buff wasn’t high enough…ironic huh

5 Likes

I started playing with a barb with my main account in vanilla D3. Got over 2000 (actually it truned out to be 1330) hours with him on both EU and US server. Been through all the mess with AH and RMAH, Nephalem Trials or first 4 difficulties: normal, nightmare, hell and inferno.

I admit I sucked in inferno and fighting monsters was like this for me:

This is my 2nd account. I stopped playing with my main, cause I played with all classes on both EU and NA and got a headache with stashing items…

Got a 2nd one and decided to play with the build I like the most - the UE Multishot, but still never asked for any nerfs to any other classes and anyone who claims otherwise is just lying or is twisting my words…

1 Like

As mainly a barb player if this nerf goes through I think I will be sitting out this season and possibly any future seasons. I had high hopes when the buffs were announced. Should have known it was too good to be true. :cry:

https://i.imgur.com/iQ1XL88.jpg

“Anyway as long as UE CC multishot won’t get harmed i’m fine with any decissions for the future patch. it’s not like it’s crazy OP like current Archon build is”

I took the screenshot because you like to start drama and you can always edit your post.

You said that you don’t care about decisions as long as they don’t nerf your build lul.

Also stop trying to report me to the barbarian crew leaders, they have no influence on me, and i’m not against their claims, because i’m actually a barb player, unlike you, and i have supported the buff idea since day 1.

I’m going all in on this. Avatar and name change in support.

Barbarian was the first class I played in Diablo II and I stuck with him for years rarely picking another class to dabble in.

I want to be a raging storm sweeping across the battle field laying waste to enemies.

Here the cry Blizzard. Revert the nerf.

6 Likes

If you read my posts above you would notice I admited I might say something like this and besides I don’t have to prove anything to you.

I know I said that, but ONLY once, cause of all the nerf cries.

I’m not asking you to provide me with an evidence that you’are programist, so stop accussing me that my support for barbs is fake.

I probably could even show you a sceenshoot of my main account showing how many hours speant (just checked 1330h on both EU and NA server on main account, didn’t check my 2nd acount though) I have on barb on both EU and NA server and you would still not believe me that I ever played with a barb…

So just give me a break…

Not a barb main, but…

REVERT THE NERF!

10 Likes

REVERT THE NERF! ThX ! Im a 4k Hours Wizz Main.

9 Likes

I’m not asking you to provide me with an evidence that you’are programist, so stop accussing me that my support for barbs is fake.

https://i.imgur.com/47mZZ7U.jpg

I already proved in my first screnshot that you were a fake barb supporter.

The second one is just for fun, atm i’m just programing a basic game so i took a screenshot for you, hell i even added an easter egg in the code for you xD.

I played Wizard in vanilla D3 quite a bit. I like sorcerer a lot in D2. I played over 500 hours as it.

When RoS came out, it changed how Wiz played by a LOT. I didnt like the options at that time, but I HAD played Barb on occasion. Now I have over 600 hours in Barb.

I have quite a few items for Wiz because I play it sometimes when new things like Deathwish came out. Today, because of all the discussion, I decided to try a standard Archon build.

I blew past the best I have ever done on a barb with my bad gear. I went past what I did on WWRend on the PTR. Yeah, if you want to talk about a build that that lets you push fast and hard being bad, they need to look there.

Why punish Barbs for having something good, but leave the archon builds where it is?

4 Likes

Chantodo is getting nerfed as is the necromancer’s thorns build. Rumor has it that bazooka is getting nerfed too if the reports from Blizzcon are true…

1 Like

Not a regular poster but long time reader of the forums and barb main since release, so after reading Free’s call (that should be a legendary item name in D4) i decided to jump into the discussion too.

Like some people have already said, this is not the first time a situation like this happens to barbs (and probably with others), they make a hasty decision that leave barbs broken and take a long time to retract it.

Also what`s the point of even touching WW at all if you are not going all the way in making it useful? Every other change wont have any effect without Lamentation and the set will be left in the dust, again.

There is nothing that justifies this nerf, 200% should be kept along with Remorseless and Fjord Cutter buffed further.

5 Likes

and up u goooo berrrrrrrrr

1 Like

Signing this. Barb definitely doesn’t deserve the nerf. Please Blizz, revert the change back to having the 200% modifier!

10 Likes