From the Barb Community: DO NOT NERF REND

Being a member of an elite is good. Being an elitist is bad. Thinking you know things you really don’t is a disaster.

His job is entertainment. You wouldn’t ask Jimmy Kimmel to evaluate the design a nuclear reactor would you?

1 Like

But what if Jimmy Kimmel said ‘this thing looks fine’ when it wasnt? He gave his unsolicited opinion, and it was wrong.

1 Like

I don’t know that Kimmel has ever been right. He’s not funny anymore either.

This thread is almost 1500 replies in. And I’ve read every one. This is my first post on the new forums. I don’t have a lot of barb experience at all, because it’s so hard to play a class that is so weak compared to the others. I love the design and the skills they have, but I can’t force myself to play gimmicky things like wall charging.

I really want to play this class, the lore is fantastic. But I’m a solo player with limited play time. Real jobs suck like that. So if I want to “feel” like I’m not gimping myself I have to play another class. For once I was excited to play a barb after seeing the initial patch notes. Please don’t nerf this, it takes away from what should be your main philosophy. Fun. This build is fun. Why can’t a fun build be at the top? When did video games become that serious? And what harm would it do? D4 is the future, let us go crazy with the time we have left. I don’t play a ton of games anymore, but D3 is always my go to even though it’s considered a dead game. Not to me, it’s one of my favorites. Bring back the fun devs.

12 Likes

FYI

2 Likes

This mai shiranui guy is getting on my nerves

2 Likes

Well then his plan is working.

Remove the lamentation nerf already or we’ll really get cranky.

4 Likes

Do not nerf Rend We want

13 Likes

We have to be grateful for this fine example of rationality.
Where is the post?

Just remember, the minority posts on these forums. By saying that you are wanting to screw over the numerous amount of people who don’t post. I’m a lurker and came out to support the buff. Because variety is good in a game this old. You’re better than that.

1 Like

Precisely, how often when you’re in a public GR, and a barb joins in, you tell yourself this barb better be a zbarb to be of any contribution to the team, and when you realise he is not, the feeling of distaste overwhelms you…the rest of the team gonna carry him or he gonna lag the entire game with his massive area dmg or both :roll_eyes: barbs should not be treated this way, directly or indirectly, they are supposedly to be mighty gladiators, pounding on the enemy frontlines and smashing out enemies!

3 Likes

I wish I could say I felt the same but I like him.

1 Like

He does have a sense of humor.

1 Like

I prefer the other Mai Shiranui

Been playing since D1 when I had a Pentium 75. Does that matter? No. I have always played mostly melee classes, warrior in d1 then barb in d2 and d3. I have dabbled in all the other classes. I use a mac so no num lock for me. :frowning: The bard has been so far behind the other classes it is not funny. I play mostly solo. Players like me NEED this buff please!!! Let us have a little fun.

4 Likes

If 1500 responses doesn’t show them what what want, nothing will.

3 Likes

Here you go again, taking perfectly good data, and intentionally adding false, incorrect, and misleading information. Grow up kid and stop trolling.

You have no proof and no numbers to justify saying that barbs can clear greater than 140 with 200% Lamentation, nor the other three 2.6.7 Barb listing you added to the chart, adding misconstrued information.

The one single 140 clear that was done on the 2.6.7 PTR with a decently fished rift and pylons, didn’t have enough time left to spare to justify saying it could do 141+.

2 Likes

According to mr. Brain Taichichuan this means nothing, it’s only 15 people spamming the same thing.

Probably will say that the 300+ likes in the OP are Russian bots Free got as a present from Putin

8 Likes

He has a point but the purpose of the spamming its to keep the thread at the top so we don’t get drowned out by the D4 posters. It really only takes one post to show how stupid the nerf was and there’s been far more than that.