Forum Feature Changes: Ignore and Trust Level Groups

We know this is the case with the likes since December last year - check last posts in thread you quoted.

The question about your US forum status however remains - what’s the problem there?

No, it doesn’t. The original loss, I have no idea. Subsequently (a couple of months later) apparently I made a pun that upset people so it’s moot. I won’t be regaining it on US.

Yeah, that’s why I’m hoping I’ll actually get clarification in the ticket I still have open on EU, so that I can ask the owner of the stickied thread to update the relevant criteria. Of course, this just means it’s even harder for people to actually ascertain which, if any, of the criteria they’re failing to meet. Whilst our forum summary shows how many likes we’ve given / received in total, there’s absolutely no way to determine how many of those were in the last 100 days.

It’d be nice to get clarification on the topics / threads read too. Not only is the figure for these in the stickied guide wrong, they’re also completely different for EU compared to US. The sticky says 500 topics / 20,000 posts in a rolling 100 days. Since the new forums went live 271 days ago, in total there have only been 1400 topics and 8400 posts on the EU forums, i.e. if the figures in the sticky were actually correct, it would be impossible for any non-manually-added people to obtain / maintain TL3.

Why? How do you know it’s because of the pun? You can’t lose your TL3 because of 1 warning. They need to be 5 for different posts.

How many flags does it take to get a system notification on a post? If it is more than 5, then you cam imagine meeting the 5 flags on a post and not knowing it.

3 Likes

You receive a notification, so you can’t miss these.

And there is auto notification when a lot of plebs flag you (20+ maybe), but this doesn’t mean it counts as a warning. It only counts as such when a moderator approves it. I am for sure one of the most flagged posters and I only have 1 warning until now.

He is mostly Tech Support MVP for Overwatch and rarely here. Poke me when you get an answer you want incorporated into the thread. I can pester WyomingMist on Discord.

#1stWorldProblems

You’d think people would have better things to care about these days.

I guess not…

Will do but as I haven’t had a response today, I presume I’m unlikely to get anything until at least Monday.

How do people interpret this? I have my read on it but think that it seems that it could be ambiguous. Is it 5 separate posts or could it be 1 post?

The word unique means separate in this case. It means one person can’t report 5 of your posts and get you in trouble. It has to be unique (different) people reporting. It has to be 5 separate posts - not one post that gets heavily reported. It also has to be confirmed by the mods - not just the automated system that hides/greys out posts due to report volume.

Tell the dude to update his OP with 30 rolling likes over 100 days.

that should read:
-‘when a mod judges the flagged post’,
-not ‘when a mod follows the weaponised flagging count’…

the community can be corrupt;
-let’s hope the mods cannot.

And I am very glad about that… was feeling kinda lonely to tell you frankly :slight_smile:
Welcome back Meteorblade !!

Good luck with that… For all I know, the criteria for EU English are different than those for EU French, and most definitely different than those for US English. (just for the heck of it, compare The Ultimate Forum Guide (Codes, Trust Levels, FAQ) - General Discussion - Diablo 3 Forums to Guide du nouveau forum - Syntaxe et fonctionnalités - Discussion Générale - World of Warcraft Forums… note the criteria for likes given and received).

Pretty sure that is true. I think the adjusted the criteria based on forum activity and participation. I think the goal is that the top X% end up with TL3. For that to happen on a quiet forum they had to reduce the requirements - you can’t read a million posts if there are not a million posts even made!

It’s fascinating that everyone here doesn’t see the elephant in the room.

Social Credit Scoring.

It’s like you’re all willingly prepared for real world 1984 or communist control.

1 Like

This is not my experience.

Did you actually get suspended though? That is more than just flags.

You’re probably right… you normally are for those things. Here are some data:

Region TL 0 TL 1 TL 2 TL 3 Total TL 3/Total 0.1% of Total
EU French 1 399 361 54 2 1 816 0.110% 1.8
EU English 3 425 609 66 3 4 103 0.073% 4.1
US English 17 707 7 239 1304 23 26 273 0.088% 26.2

I didn’t bother posting the number of TL 4s… those probably aren’t included in the computations. So yeah… if Blizzard is aiming for 0.1% of the total membership on the forums… they’re pretty close. That type of approach may work well when you have 20K, 40K or more members… I’m not so sure it works (or makes sense) when the numbers are much smaller.

Looking at the history of TL 3s on EU French… we were once five TL 3s, for about a week, at the beginning of February. Then 4. Then 3. Then 2. Then 1. We’re now back to 2.

The one thing I am happy with… the criteria for maintaining the TL 3 level are (or appear to be) completely under my control. As far as I can tell… all I need to do is:

• read enough posts… often enough (whatever that is) and,
  • give enough likes to keep the « likes/day » criteria happy.

During the first week or so of the new forums I had a post flagged. I received a system notification that flags had been received and would be reviewed by a GM. I received no account penalty which, I presumed, meant the flags had been investigated and not upheld.

Months afterwards, I obtained TL3 as a result of fulfilling the stated criteria in the stickied thread, i.e. days visited in rolling 100 days, topics / threads read, likes given, likes received.

I maintained TL3 for a number of months. The forum software was upgraded and without any system notifications I was downgraded to TL2, i.e. this appeared to be due to the software upgrade, not an infraction. Upon filing GM tickets, I was not given a reason why.

Months after that I made a daft pun based on two words being synonyms. I received a 24 hour holiday which means that regardless of why I lost TL3 during the forum upgrade, I won’t ever be regaining it.

It’s fine that the holiday caused a permanent loss of the ability to ever have TL3 again (even though the pun seemed incredibly innocuous) but this doesn’t alter the underlying issue that I initially lost TL3 due to the software upgrade, at a time where I had 100% participation, met all the criteria, had no upheld flags and no account penalties.

This is why I said it’s moot.

Well, I got an answer from a GM…

The requirements for trust levels varies from game to game for example for WoW forums its character specific. now from what I am allowed say is that the likes target of sent and recived total does not go down so once that is reached it remains as achieved, BUT there is daily likes sent received that needs to be maintained and this is what caused you fall.

…which is of absolutely no use in terms of clarifying the requirements.

Okay, so there’s a static limit for likes given and received and once that has been achieved, that’s permanent. However, there’s also clearly a requirement for ongoing giving / receiving of likes, which they refuse to give the number and periodicity of.

So…
If I don’t issue enough ongoing likes, I’ll lose TL3.
If I give likes to a random post every day, I’ll maintain TL3.
Apparently, I’m more trustworthy if I just randomly like stuff. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes