Forcing people to play your way

they said it was.

thats is the most idiotic idea i have ever heard. Thought about that most monsters don’t even drop 8 items ? There is no drop as well. Your system wouldn’t work in a P8 game. Stop this nonesense.

2 Likes

You do realize games like Path of Exile already have this system right? Again, why would it bother you if you wouldn’t have to play that way?

For example, " Item allocation is the system by which dropped [items] are assigned to members of a [party] Each area instance has an allocation setting which is fixed when the instance is created. This will default to the party leaders default allocation setting, which can be changed in the options panel, or changed for a specific party in the social panel.

An allocated item will be greyed out to other players and they will not be able to pick it up. However, alert sounds or visual effects will still play for all players.

There are currently 3 allocation options:

• Permanent Allocation:

Once allocated to a player, the allocation is set until that player leaves the area.

• Short Allocation:

The allocation lasts 5 seconds then becomes available to all players.

• Free for All:

No items are allocated.

The allocation will only assign the following items, all others are always considered free-for-all:

• [Unique items]
  • Equipment with 6 sockets or 4+ links
  • [Currency]
  • [Maps]
  • [Gems]
  • [Vaal fragments]

Allocation is cleared if the item is picked up and dropped again, if the assigned player leaves an area, or if 5 minutes pass. Items will be allocated to be somewhat balanced between party members with a few notable exceptions."

Obviously, the devs don’t have to implement this exact system, but that’s how it could work. It just divides the drops up. The devs have already said what they’ve discussed is an optional toggle upon game creation.

6 Likes

You are right! It is part of the goal-

Can you explain how Popeye’s offering a chicken sandwich harms customers who prefer ordering their fried chicken?

Once this Gedankenexperiment is answered, I think we can get at the heart of the matter.

2 Likes

You dont get 8X the loot.

This is exactly why the forum does need all this discussion about Ploot. Even now, there is a lot of misconceptions about it.

Only on average.
One person might get all 4 items.

Have you ever played MP in Diablo 2? That is how the game works now.

If a monster drop 3 items, and you are 8 players nearby, then somewhere between 1-3 players might walk away with drops.
That is true in FFA. And true in Ploot.

5 Likes

Oh but the “options” suggested effect everyone though.

I think it’s a bad comparison to make. It’s like asking
“Can you explain how Blizzard offering a D2:R harms customers who prefer Diablo III?”

Those are 2 different products on the menu.

1 Like

You get sandwich with money. Everyone can get sandwich by using the same method (paying money). You and your weak arguments… :rofl:

1 Like

How do they? Elaborate how ploot would please.

Nope because in FFA you always have the possibility to grab that drop in ploot with auto allocation you dont , and thats why the idea is stupid. End of the story

4 Likes

So, filter out ploot games then? Easiest thing ever. Your argument is pretty terrible tbh. You’re saying you wouldn’t like to play that way, but why can’t others? It would have no affect on you. You went from arguing no because it’d be 8x the loot, to no because you don’t like it.

2 Likes

So are two options n D2R. If you think a chicken sandwich is too different versus simply fried chicken, let’s take a closer analogy.

Does Popeye’s offering a fried spicy chicken drumstick ruin the taste of their fried spicy chicken thigh?

Apparently from their console update, B;izzard already has the code to choose game type and to filter based on that selection.

1 Like

So filter out game types you want to play? Lets say there is baalruns only on FFA, how will i as a plooter then have an “option” on the first place? Arent i forced to either not play baalruns or not have ploot? Am i gonna filter half of the trade games out because half of them are on ploot setting other half on ffa?

Im gonna suffer from having less items on public games because all the slow clickers choose to play ploot so im competing against faster clickers on average?
Ploot generates less niche items (like good blue bases) because not everyone pick them up and those who want to pick them up, cant, even if theres timer on allocation, not many are gonna backtrack for super small chance to be good item. What if i wanna play javazon but there is no jmods on sale for my pvp build because blue monarchs are picked up less?

The list goes on and on.

Where is the point “It doesnt effect anyone”?

2 Likes

go play POE, Rod Fergusson already stated it’s not gonna happen… XD

1 Like

That is one big IF.
I can’t remember seeing any of the options that HAVE an absolute 0% effect on other players.

Also don’t think everyone wants the same changes.
For example, Dbrunski wants a loot filter but does not want Ploop.
I do want a skill balance but the skill balance in my mind is different from some others.
While others want new runewords for balance, I want the old runewords to have number adjustment for balance.

So be careful what you wish for. What VV/Blizz will change may not be what you want.

2 Likes

They wouldn’t. However, do you think that the playerbase would be that small, especially with the removal of regional servers that consolidates all players for global play?

1 Like
  1. There would always be FFA Baal runs up unless you’re insinuating that Ploot would be so good that everyone would just play that option. That’s not the case, around 60 percent of people that filled out the surveys preferred FFA loot allocation.

2. Why would a trade games allocation method even come into play if you’re the one joining? If you’re looking to trade, either create your own game or change the filter temporarily.

3. How do you know the slow clickers would even play in public runs if they can’t grab any items?

4. Not all items have to be allocated. They could just do uniques and hrs etc.

2 Likes

He said it’s not happening as of now. I already pre-ordered D2R. I don’t mind the current loot system, but you guys arguing against something that many people would like, just because you don’t like it, is dumb.

4 Likes

It only effects nobody in their own heads lol :smiley:

1 Like