Forcing people to play your way

I agree and i outlined a general scenario above, not in favor of ploot or FFA, where i explained exactly that.

1 Like

Path of least resistance, even if someone doesn’t want an easier change they will cave in because you have coercsed their hand. So your whole “Doesn’t affect you” is a common fallacy people use all the time.
Community splitting with too many modes/options also occurs. Plus a game supports certain gameplay and systems so if you try to please everyone you end up having future problems or wasting time on gameplay that isn’t compatible with how the games core design.

Oh ignore all of the previous… IT’S A REMASTER.

D2R community is already ruining this game before it’s release. Congratulations.

1 Like

I agree with most of your post, but not the quoted part.
It’s the D3 community that is wrecking this gem.

You are D3 player. People seem to play so much D3 and then pretend to hate it. Hilarious.

2 Likes

I am also part of the D3 community and my intention is not to wreck the game but to increase the amount of players playing the game.
Auto pickup on gold is supporting the console community because i imagine that it is very tedious and user unfriendly to pick up gold with a controller.
An optional loot system on game creation supports the preference of some players in the current D2 playerbase. If that option is not giving any player any advantages in any aspect of the game by simply choosing it then i am happy to see the addition.

let’s make this straight D3 clownies are those that cry changes as they can’t handle anything that ain’t served from platter. well welcome to D2R nothing is free here and never will be. work for ur gear or don’t play simple as that.

1 Like

Oh another D3 player. You people don’t even know what you want. Playing the game you hate. Funny.

1 Like

“Welcome to Diablo 2! Things are not handed to you in the first 2 hrs of gameplay.”

I made that post shortly after i joined these forums and it turned out to be well received. Didn’t expect it to happen but it did. :slight_smile:

We’ve been down this road before. “Me buying level boosts doesn’t affect anyone else, I only want to play end game.” And the end of that story results in bots using level boosts to further deteriorate the game and drive players away from tbc wow.

It’s easier to stick with the original concept with a graphical overhaul and bug fixes. Otherwise you risk alienating the players that made the game successful in the first place by trying to reinvent the wheel. Outside of the statements from devs everything else is just wishful thinking from the gotta have it my way crowd. There are things I would like to see, but I am not demanding them and posting repeatedly on the same topic.

The irony of this post is you want people to play according to your desires, not based on what the original gameplay entails. We all want something new potentially, but then you end up with a recipe with too much seasoning and the food tastes like crap because there were too many cooks in the kitchen. Let the devs do their thing and stop whining all day long about your desires of changes. The game hasn’t even released yet so it’s way too early to be crying this much over things like ploot.

2 Likes

If you aren’t within range and you don’t damage the mob you are not eligible to toll for a drop. 1/8th change is all 8 players in range and doing damage.

100% false. Most do not want to change drop rates.

100% false. Most just want an option for the same people that might need auto loot pickup.

100% false. Selfish isn’t giving people an option. Selfish is insisting everyone play they way you want so you can leech loot and act tough doing it.

100% false. This is a game and a hobby, not “life”.

Baseless assumptions. The typical ending for a ploot leech.

Most people are asking for nothing more than loot allocation roll on a short timer before it becomes FFA. The same loot drops, it’s just unavailable to be picked up (or potentially seen) by other players until the allocation timer runs out.

The only outline I was was bad drop allocation math. If you kill Baal and items drop in FFA, and you kill Baal and the same items drop only they are greyed out because they are allocated on a short timer, there is a zero % change in drop rates. The only change is who can pick it up for a short period of time.

Making a change for loot like the auto gold pickup toggle for players with disabilities is “coercion”?

And if they players that want auto allocated loot leave or just play solo, as suggested by many here, how is that different to your playstyle than them being in the game but filtered out from your game searches? They both result in you not playing with them.

Then advocate for changes that can be turned off so you don’t have to deal with them if you don’t like that. This hard line approach of “leave the game or I quit” will not help you if the devs decide to implement changes.

So many follow up replies that have degraded into childish rants. I suppose that’s all you have since every “example” you people spew out is so full of holes. You seem to have adopted the mindset of, if you can’t beat them with facts and knowledge, throw a fit.

1 Like

here’s a fact for u. D2 had no ploot D2R will not have ploot. stop beating up dead horse…all we have heard is like. mommy i don’t like broccoli i want candy…i want options…NO u cannot have!

I don’t like such system. However i support the idea of implementing the option to choose from two systems if no system is more superior.

Edit: I had correct myself there because what i originally said was not what i actually support. I don’t want the FFA to be replaced.

1 Like

That certainly is true. You can go play some other game if you want to.

Yes.
That still means you will on average get 1/8 of the loot. In both FFA and ploot. But there is deviation of course.
Nobody is defining that you must get 1/8 in a specified time. That should of course never happen.

If 8 players are in range of an item being generated, there will just be a 1-8 roll. For each item individually.

Indeed. And that is how it should and would work. Random is random.

But everyone here agrees on that.

No that is honestly just the problem with strawmen.

Have you ever played D2?
People are literally handing out free gear to each other in the streets.

1 Like

How can this be true if there is not even a time frame set and all other variables are unknown except the amount of players?

Or the kids screaming in a grocery store throwing a temper tantrum when the parents won’t buy them some candy.

Because the roll is 1-8.
(In a scenario where 8 players are always in range of every drop of course)

That roll is the only thing determining who gets the loot, within the pool eligible players.

2 Likes

Here’s the problem: If Blizzard “listens to the community” once to implement your version of Ploot, they’ll probably do it again, and you can bet many players will be screaming that they want “their” loot and it isn’t fair that they didn’t get a drop after helping to kill a boss.

It is nonsense, Blizzard already did listen to the community, so if your lie was correct, increased droprates will happen regardless.

1 Like

That roll defines my chances but does not define that the average amount of loot received. Ignoring the fact that a lot of loot is being left on the ground.

No, it does not guarantee what you as an individual actually gets. Only the roll.

Honestly sounds like everyone are saying the exact same thing here, with slightly different words. Even Fury.

Of course, when saying “what you get” it is what you win. Whether you pick it up is your decision.

1 Like