Follower set bonuses?

Can anyone tell me if the follower set bonuses will apply to LOD builds? Since they’re technically not equipped sets?

Logic dictates that any equipment with the word (Emanate) on it will only have its powers apply to you, so equipping Asheara’s on your follower will have no effect at all. Anything equipped on your followers will have effect unless specified.

I’m specifically referring to set bonuses and LOD gem. This doesnt help clear that up.

You could just test it…

1 Like

I dont have access to PTR at the moment or I would

It’s my understand that Legendary Gems do not work on Followers at all.

If you mean that the followers emanate gear effecting the player LoD, than no. What emanates is not the stats of the gear but the special ability itself, of the item.

What’s being asked is about this scenario…

When the hero is using the LoD gem, the hero only gains the gem’s damage / mitigation bonuses if the hero is not benefitting from any set bonuses. However, with the introduction of the Follower changes, it’s now possible for Followers to emanate set bonuses from the Cain’s and Sage’s sets. The OP wants to know if the emanated set bonuses from the Follower, which the hero inherits, will prevent the LoD bonuses or not.

2 Likes

No… if your follower has a set equip, does it remove your LOD bonus on YOUR gear

At least for the LoN bonus it doesn’t remove the effect, if the follower has any sets equipped. During my tests on the PTR it didn’t seem to matter if a set bonus from the follower emanates.

However since I haven’t had a highly ranked LoD gem available for my tests, I didn’t verify it for the LoD bonus.

1 Like

FYI, I believe wudijo confirmed that certain gems do work but only for the follower’s benefit (none emanate their benefits to you tho). Examples are eso and mute help keep them alive when you’re not using the immortal token. Molten and invite do not, I think…

Just tried a LoD blessed shield build and Templar with Sage’s gear 3 pc bonus. Didn’t lose any damage output and twice as many DB were still dropping.

2 Likes

Ok then the answer is No.

Not wondering if gems on followers work for your character. I’m asking if, when, set bonuses apply to you and if they cancel out the LOD affect.

The answer is still no. :wink: