Follower improvement suggestion for patch 2.7

Sorry didn’t make other tabs, but I had an idea how to add charms to the game, but instead of having them in our inventory to work they would have their own and you would need a specific paragon level to use them…
Unfortunately can’t find the pic.

Anyway here’s two more ideas I had one with followers inventory and second with stash…

New followers idea, simpler than what I posted before:

https://i.ibb.co/mHnvYn8/Enchantress-2-0.jpg

New personal-shared stash:

https://i.ibb.co/5jRTmXW/Personal-Shared-Stash-2-0.jpg

I also added 2 more buttons as you can see in the images above.

The “Gem button” opens your gems inventory where are all your gems stored when you pick them up.

The “Potion button” opens your potions inventory where are all your picked up legendary potions stored.

The “Anvil button” just shows all your crafting materials like we have right now.

4 Likes

This is also very fine!

I like this, but that will probably cause technical problems, because when they tried to make more stash space in the past, it caused crashes for some players when there were more allies in the game, since all items are synchronized.

What would solve this is a separate stash that can only be accessed if you are alone in the game.

I like this idea as well.

Maybe, just like in Torchlight 2, there could be an inventory for Weapons, one for Armor, and one for Misc (including Rings, Amulets and Potions and Radmaladnis), if we are already on that path.

Great job btw!

1 Like

This is awesome :slight_smile:

Anyways, +1 to making followers better and more useful.

I’m not sure why for so long this feature is left in dust.

3 Likes

Even with full gear, I dont think follower will do damage of any significant. Maybe we need to give them a 6 piece set of let LOD/LON work with them.

1 Like

Thanks

Here’s the full list of changes I would like to see for followers:

…and here’s some crazy ideas I had when RoS was only few months old:

1 Like

I like this approach. I prefer the Enchantress for personality, I find her comments less annoying than the Templar. But I have to use the Templar for survival. Having more healing/defensive options for the other followers would allow for more options.

Conversely, I don’t know why solo players can’t have all of the followers all of the time. That would hardly overpower solo play compared to group play.

What about “follower management”?

In party play, followers are disabled anyway, so placing your own banner (flag) could work as “Command follower to location” while solo play. Did just cross my mind cause I did suggest that some few many years ago already, but back then it didn’t get much attention.

Edit: Going to post that in the 2.7 re-balancing thread, too.

3 Likes

The follower to supplement the solo play vs group play…
ie: some of the amulet or gem used by follower is applied to solo play

or when not using “infinite lives”, the weapon attribute skills are applied.