First TCP/IP than No Ultra Wide, No Gem & Runes Stacking

They could reset once you kill the Act Boss or all monsters (Cows). Once you kill Diablo, Baal or all Cows a timer (60 seconds should be enough) appears just like when you finish vault in D3…
When the time is up all monsters would respawn…
This could probably also work with Mephisto and Andariel too, but you would have to get to Mephisto again, by using the Durance of Hate lvl 2 waypoint and to Andariel by using the Catacombs waypoint.
I doubt anyone would like to kill Duriel this way too though…

Of course d2r will be a massive flop. Tons of people who want to play for nostalgic reasons will quickly realize why they quit d2 a long time ago.

None of the c.r@p…eerrr core mechanics that make d2, well d2, has been touched to appease purists who already have the original game to play

Game might sell at first but there will be a ton of players requesting refunds, bet ActiLizzard wont release those numbers.

1 Like

Apparently they also fixed the “eth bug” in D2R, so no more OP mercenaries anymore if it’s true…
If it’s really gone than what’s next? Barbs won’t be able to dual wield 2h weapons anymore, cause in their opinion it might give them an unfair advantage over other classes or will they remove the ability to have 2 of the same runewords or uniques equipped at once (2 1h weapons or 2 rings) like with legendaries in D3 RoS?

Didn’t they say they won’t be changing the gameplay experience and they want to keep the feeling that D2 LoD had?

Sure they made some “nice” QoL changes like auto pick up gold with like 1-2 yard pick up radius and bigger stash and some players don’t even bother about the looks of models for each class even if they looked like Deckard Cain and had the voice of 20+ yeard olds…

Someone in the D2R forum mentioned they promised New runewords and uniques, so I wonder if it that promise won’t end up like TCP/IP or the emanation list for D3 RoS followers that were supposed to be updated, as they promised or am I getting something wrong… :thinking:

This is heading to another W3R scenario…

They weren’t supposed to fix bugs beneficial to the players.

While a lot of this rings true, I doubt the game will be a flop by any stretch of the imagination.

Next? We have a great D2 remaster, because it stays approximately the way, it was successful and the fans have enjoyed it.

There’s one thing I don’t understand: If you are so unhappy with how D2 plays, why is it so important for you, to change D2R?

Yet they did…

Check this thread for prove:

1 Like

Thanks, I missed it; he generally makes silly posts, so I put him on ignore. Two words: Toxic Purist.

You can’t get a refund because you realize after a week you aren’t having fun anymore. At least you shouldn’t be able to.
So even if we assumed lots of people would quickly “realize why they quit D2”, that doesn’t mean it will flop. You pay the same for 5 hours and 500 hours.

Rune/gem stacking requires server-side changes and they want to keep the old client intact in the background, so it will probably not be done.

its about time they fixed that bug. bugs are bugs. mistakes. accidents. unintentional. they should all be fixed even if the bug benefits the player. ESPECIALLY if they benefit the player.

You’re right because it’s a bad idea and completely changes the entire game.

Not it won’t and no they don’t. It’s just never been an option that was offered.

You are free to not purchase D2:R and continue to play in an upscaled 800X600 res with blury literally everything. Nobody is stopping you…

Drama Queen much?

TBF it still won’t be enough. We get 13 tabs in D3 and it’s still not enough and there aren’t even 1/2 the items worth keeping in D3 than there are in D2.

1 Like

Cumbersome? You clearly haven’t played D2 much.

Pushing a Hotkey to use a skill is the same whether you can see it or not. IE Hitting F8 to teleport is the same as hitting Keypad X or B to teleport (or whatever).

Of course during the beta last week, watching people play with controller, I noticed a severe limitation with skills that require cursor targeting like Teleport and Leap attack. It probably makes TK very clunky, and I suspect this will also be a problem with the Assassins Dragon Flight but we cannot test the Assassin so who knows?

Mercs are still pretty OP. I never used the Eth bug because I don’t like to cheat or exploit a known bug. I’ve made characters that buffed the merc while the merc could solo farm Baal in Hell without it.

I agree they did lie, because they said they were not going to fix the old Bugs, but this was before Blizzard formally purchased VV. I suspect some higher ups are making VV change lots of things because Blizzard has a habit or screwing up good things. Luckily most of the game is already finished so there isn’t too much Blizzard can wreck before it’s launched (I hope).

you do realize its possible that the prices for certain items will basically just auto adjust to account for stacking? maybe you need 400 high runes for something instead of 40. inflation is a thing, you know? thats probably why stacking isnt a thing, it places a hard cap on how expensive something can be.

frankly, id lower it.

This is not true at all, Blizzard specifically said that TCP connections would be in D2R and then did a 180 and changed their minds.

A quote from Rod Fergusson: “You can still connect locally through TCP IP if you want to! That was there in D2. It’ll be there in D2R.”

1 Like

even the core features are subject to change or removal.

This can be somewhat remedied by a couple of options. One being built into the skill itself, which is the longer you hold down the button the farther away the skill lands. The other is the one PoE also offers, which is an option to always use the max distance for the bound skill. This is why I suggested the developers load up PoE to see just how things are handled on the controller front there. They did a superb job (minus their removal of force stand still as at least an option) and there is no shame in copying a system that really works fluidly.

This keeps getting posted, and people keep missing the part where Blizzard explicitly states that things may change in the future. In this case, their hacks and security teams studied the alpha usage, the leaked/cracked alpha client, and what was being done with it and decided that it was too large a security hole to keep in the game. The real question left is how mods will work, and if there is any chance of allowing at least local LAN play via discovery (requiring the same /24 subnet).

Disappointing that they are leaving out direct TCP/IP connections. You know on launch day it’s going to be plagued with queues, lag, random disconnects, and probably someone who thinks it’s funny to DDoS the servers. Would be nice to have that as work around for those problems too.

1 Like

The controls is just a matter of preference really.
Blizzard should simply allow us to choose which control scheme&UI to use with each input.
Mouse & Keyboard should be able to use the classic D2 system with LMB & RMB, or the new D2R systeem with an action bar. Let everyone pick the system they like.

Yeah. No doubt that TCP/IP was a promised feature that has been removed.
Not remotely okay, especially when it is such a critical feature for some part of the game.

Good to know.

This is ActiBlizz we’re speaking of, so I bet they’ll mess D2R even more and it wouldn’t surprise me if at launch day servers would be as stable as in first months of D3…