Firebirds: Legionnaire mob type

The Morlu Legionnaire mob type (the soldiers), the ones that go into stone form before they die.

Firebirds ignite drops off of them when they go into stone form. Noticed difficulty killing them in a rift and didn’t understand why, but saw Rob mention it as well in one of his youtube videos (Thanks Rob!).

I think the ignite should persist so we don’t have waste time reigniting every single soldier as they reach stone form.

Obviously any bug fix should include all monsters of this type that go into stone form… Morlu Berserkers , Morlu Invaders, etc.

Reporting here as I didn’t see a bug report on this.

1 Like

I asked about this on the main PTR feedback forum and it’s apparently a very old issue. Whether it’s a bug or intended is unclear.

1 Like

Thank you for the link, hopefully it gets fixed.

I’d argue it’s more important to fix now that our DPS is tied to procs that require the ignite, (not just a buff).

Tinne’s mention of Orlash makes me want to test orlash as well. Let me check my footage. EDIT: Orlash didn’t vanish in my 1m30s fight, cool. might have missed that change, very good that he doesn’t vanish any longer.

Yeah that was an old mechanic. He was updated in 2.2.0 I think.

I was just using it as evidence that it’s a really old bug/mechanic interaction for enemies with some type of state change (disappearing, turning to stone etc.), it’s not specific to the updated Firebird’s.

EDIT: Might still happen with the Iskatu fight in campaign though. He still disappears.

EDIT2: Looks like campaign Iskatu doesn’t lose the FB burn when he disappears. Interesting.

1 Like