Firebird s22, all hope is lost

Hello again wizard mains. I am back to discuss the fact that firebird is still sitting at 4000% damage, unable to farm t16. It would appear as if they plan to ignore this set until diablo 4 comes out. It’s been fun guys but it’s dead. There isn’t a single tweak or mention in the season 22 ptr notes… I’ve reached out on reddit, twitter, and here, they have either seen my messages and throw darts at a picture of the set or they have special glasses that block firebird from their sight. Well best of luck for season 23 next summer. Maybe by then they can take the time to change some numbers around.

2 Likes

if they up the numbers on DMO they at least need to up the numbers on Tal Rasha and Firebird as well accordingly.
on top revert the nerf on Chantodo and we would see that they are actually trying to balance wizard sets and therefore all classes.

In the end that’s what they promised several patches ago when they said that would be the main focus when the new sets all have been introduced.

3 Likes

I think we need to give them a chance with phase 2 before saying rip to these other sets, the CM did say “all sets” and clearly our other 2 are being left behind. Maybe the plan is for certain to be in phase 1 and others to be in phase 2? Because lets face it, new items aside it won’t take long to see where a set is appropriate, certainly not 2 weeks.

2 Likes

Time will tell, but personally I highly doubt it and think this is in the realm of wishfull thinking.

1 Like

My gut feeling tells me that upping numbers isn’t necessarily what they will do for those two sets. It might be intentional to leave these sets out for now as they want us to focus on the things they changed now and see how that turns out… so they have a better base line for the other two sets.

In my opinion Firebird needs a full do-over while Tal Rasha needs more damage and improvements regarding real multi-element play. SoJ is a puzzle piece, but not nearly enough to promote it. So there might be coming more.

That’s me tying to be optimistic, though. Looking at what they did to Etched Sigil I fear the worst for Tal Rasha… At least Firebird can’t get any worse.

1 Like

Or so you would think; but after seeing etched sigil, I’m literally expecting nothing but the worst changes to firebird. But I’ll gladly be wrong on that.

1 Like

As mentioned, they are doing this “balancing” in multiple parts/patches. It’s a common thing for people to get all antsy then get upset when what they hopped would get attention didn’t. Be patient or just not play. I’m excited and pleased with as much as they are doing with an 8 year old game that I paid once for.

The developers lack of understanding and decision to outright break builds (with little to no sign of reallocating power when necessary) isn’t exactly something I can be happy about. That said, I am glad that other people are excited and looking forward to it.

I think the change to Etched Sigil is a sign of things for the future of firebirds.

Changing it into the twister channelling set.
Something like

2 set: sparkflint grants the power of the phoenix, when the wizard takes fatal damage, a meteor reigns down and revives them fully rejuvenated. Energy twister gains the gale force rune.

4 set: Magic weapon gains the effect of the ignite rune. Whilst there is an enemy ignited the wizard takes 60% less damage, ignited enemies take 3000% dmg as fire untill they die.

6 set: whilst channelling the wizard deals 4000% increased dmg for each active energy twister stacking uo to 5 times.

This isnt a massive rework, and allows for increased toughness and damage building around the energy twister items and new etxhed sigil. It is also possibke to cube the shield bracers etc as an option.

I guess that may be their intent. But it would be a poor one at that, since energy twister already has a set dedicated to (although it shares the spot with arcane orbs) that is called Delsere’s Magnum Opus.

They should just have firebird be a set that gives a massive buff to fire damage and keep it’s mechanics simple since that’s probably a cursed set for Blizzard.

1 Like

Why on earth would Firebird have anything to do with twisters anyway ?

I’d still expect fiery meteors in the build but one thing is for certain - it needs a re-work.

Why on earth would firefirds have anything to do with meteors either?

Twister caused by a giant firebird flapping its wings makes more sense than anything to do with meteors. Thematically its more fitting than meteors too.

Honestly speaking, either energy twister or meteor thematically fits a phoenix. A twister could be caused by a phoenix’s wing beat, and meteors could be caused by a phoenix’s fiery aura or emission of fire balls. Either way, they both thematically fit, and as such the set truly needs a rework (or major simplification) where the end result is that all fire damage (as in all fire skills) are massively boosted, the ignition effect is kept simple (or at least removed), and our damage buffs and reduction are far simpler to gained and retained.

In short, Firebird needs to buff fire damage plain and simple.

But, with these recent changes and blizzard messing up Wizards pretty bad, I’m not too optimistic on any Firebird changes.

Maybe Firebird gets a buff, but casts Fire Twisters like Tals launches meteors.

FB6: Cast a fire Energy Twister when a fire spell is used, gain XXX% damage increase for each active Twister.

Or something like that… :roll_eyes:

You! Don’t give them any weird ideas… oh, wait, my bad… they don’t read this anyway. Go ahead :smiley:

3 Likes

I already salvaged my collection of 4 primal Firebird items. I dont find any hope after waiting for 4 years.

Make this set allow burn damage to stack or something like this. I want to create a blazing inferno. I know they gave up on it though. Too broken

A thorns build isn’t’ going to happen for the wizard, unless you go LoD (and even then I’m sure it’s near ineffecient). Firebird should just be a set that boosts fire damage with little to no clunky mechanics attached to it. At least assuming you’re asking for a thorns set.

I would do something like this

(2) Set: (No Change here)
When you die, a meteor falls from the sky and revives you. This effect has a 60 second cooldown.

(4) Set:
Dealing Fire damage with one of your skills causes the enemy to take 10,000% weapon damage as Fire per second for 3 seconds. This effect can stack up to 3 times. If an enemy is burning from three stacks the enemy will Ignite, taking an additional 50,000% weapon damage per second until they die.

(6) Set:
Your damage is increased by 8000% and damage taken reduced by 60% if an enemy is ignited. Enemies ignited can now ignite other near by enemies. Your ignite damage is also increased to 100,000% per second and can now stack twice. Enemies that die from ignite have a chance to explode for 250,000% weapon damage .

It is almost 5 years since I last used Firebird.
FB Gears are synonymous to “Blackthorne” - insta salvage.