Firebird s22, all hope is lost

The only usable part of the set is currently the source… if you literally have nothing else to wear and play a fire-based build, that is.

yeah im playing wizzard this season, and i’ve tested all builds, DMO, is great, vyr chantodo seems okay, but talrasha and firebird just sucks very badly, they need at least a 10k dmg mutilpliers

Change name to fried chicken. Seems more appropriate than fire bird.

1 Like

For me it needs changing the whole setup. I hate the way you have to play it with the burning …

kinda, yes.

Though most people might say that the issue isn’t so much that you have to make enemies burn to get a buff. The issue is more like that both, dps and dr, are tied to quite the ridiculous number of pretty inconsistent stacks - namely concurrent ignited enemies. The set actually punishes you for killing enemies because the buff falls off the very second they die. Combine that with the ugly requirement to juggle skills/attacks (which makes the set similar to Tal Rasha in that regard, limited to fire ofc), and the set becomes the horrible garbage it is today. Not only is it extremely underpowered compared to the rest of the wizard sets, it also forces you to not kill elites but to drag them around because it’s almost unplayable against trash otherwise.

If I had to redesign the set, it would probably look like this:

Firebird’s Finery:

(2) piece bonus
Conflagration can now stack up to 5 times and applying fire damage to an enemy refreshes existing stacks. Enemies killed by fire burn to ashes.
(4) piece bonus
Attacking with a fire skill reduces your damage taken by 60% and increases your Movement Speed by 30% for 10 seconds. Should you die, a Meteor falls down from the sky and revives you. You can be revived once every 60 seconds.
(6) piece bonus
Enemies affected by Conflagration take XXXXX% increased damage from your Fire attacks. Conflagration now also deals XXXX% weapon damage as fire every second per stack and after reaching five stacks the effect lasts until the enemy dies.

This would cover several things:

1. the horrible ignite-stacking will be gone.
    You still need to “ignite” your target to gain the debuff, but this is now handled through the Conflagration passive. Stacks are still there, though… but reduced to five, and they won’t affect the damage buff too much , since it’s tied to being Conflagrated. The passive will offer +30% Crit Chance at full stacks

2. The defense is no longer tied to stacks
    It will be gained by fire skill attacks and has a duration. This makes the whole set significantly less clunky. I also included a nice movement speed buff, since we need better mobility options for wizards anyway.

3. the (4) piece buff is now defensive.
    Also the revive part, as a mitigation/defensive buff, has also been moved to the four piece buff. Thus the set is now in line with the other wizard sets.

4. The set is now fire only
    Now it lives up to it’s name. Interactions with non-fire stuff like Star Pact is no longer possible. Also, the burn effect is still there, a permanent burn as well. But now it’s more naturally implemented and avoids nasty skill juggling.

A small side dish to all of that is my “Enemies killed by fire burn to ashes.” effect. This is pretty much meant to act as “Slain enemies rest in pieces.”, but will also cause the dying target to detonate and spread fire damage to nearby enemies. I won’t give numbers for that, it should be meaningful though and not just a pure gimmick.

1 Like

Sorry, but I don’t understand you.

Don’t bother, nobody does… :smiley:

I won’t lie, I do honestly feel bad, but ty for the heads up.