FFA is CORE to D2

Rod was pandering to people crying for ploot (you). You need to read between the lines.

Once the crap storm hit. He was honest and said itd not happening. You can read can’t you ?

All 4 tweets need to be read together.

https://imgur.com/Uc1J5uo.jpg

we can and he said they will consider it for the future. that means eventually we might see it as and option but at launch we have no worries.

1 Like

That is my take. In his last two “it” tweets follow on his comment that no optional personal loot would be introduced at launch or potentially ever. It makes sense for him to tell people to relax. He made it abundantly clear no optional personal loot at launch.

I’m laughing. Thanks. I love a good chuckle in the morning.

I am pleased that you got a good laugh. Laughter helps with longevity and quality of life.

1 Like

I have the same argument, I don’t see why people can’t use FFA, the only problem is a minority of players with bad internet, bad clicking skills, and controller users.

For a small minority of players, they shouldn’t change the entire loot system because of it.

Again, I will iterate my suggestion. PRIVATE GAMES ONLY

1 Like

So single player then?

You can have Ploot with FRIENDS in PRIVATE games. Who said you had to play single player?

1 Like

I have no friends, nobody likes me.

Bummer dude. Sounds like a social problem you should take up with a doctor. NOT MY PROBLEM.

What types of ploot could be exist IF there is no FFA at all?

Time-Allocated loot:
Regulary shows every item on ground but only pickable by a player that was choosen for 5-10 seconds in range? Well… My mind is blowing. What will happen if a player dosnt see the golden ring that was dropped while Dia-Run or something else? Yea. Every player will stop fighting, the run will pause until this ring is picked up. This will be a disaster. There are a lot of unique drops and this is just bad for playing - waiting for items from others if they dont see it.

Invisible Loot:
You see all Items that are attracted to you but no one else can see it. This is clearly not good aswell because this takes the feeling in a group to directly trade because you probably need exactly this unique and the other player is not even talking about it, maybe he dosnt even need it. Bad aswell. Destroys trading a bit person to person ingame and makes the game feel more playing alone because no one is hunting with you for items.

FFA and the core mechanic of the game itself (smoothly - fast - direct) is a part of the game where you can decide yourself if you want to bring you in danger and get that item or not. Is it worth to maybe die because you’re weaker? You can decide and this is important. If I leech in a game just for lvling because the other players doing the job to level me, it is just fair to give them more items. If i grow stronger and can be near to them, there is a higher chance to receive also good items.

Sure, bots and pickits CAN destroy FFA, but by simply adding an ingame function to report players this problem will gone in public games. No worry about it anymore. Dont talk about D2 it was in earlier states, full of bots, full of dupes, full of everything. IF we want a remastered D2, we must have a little bit of faith in the core mechanics and the dealing of problems from VV side.

1 Like

no shock there when you refuse to listen to others

The way it would have to work is pre-allocated on kill for a timer. because the fact being they already stated that they will not increase loot drops because they are not flooding the games economy with gear IF they make the option usable later in the future. That also implies that they do it instead of leaving behind.

It is not working. The “Run” will pause if the item is not seen by the one that was allocated to him. And this is a way bigger problem.

Blizzard has stated that if an alternate loot system was introduced it would be optional and require opt in. Therefore, the entire loot system would not change and FFA loot would remain as is for those that want it. FFA loot would also be the default option.

"**Hey, first, I only said it was a thing that we discussed and if we were ever to do it we would make it an option for the game you create so that people have to opt in to that style. But it's definitely not happening at launch.** "- Rod Fergusson in response to the tweet below

“Hi again Rod, if your team considiring Ploot in D2:R. Please do timer instead, then both sides can pick up the item. Let say you have 2-3 seconds to pickup the item on the ground before it is visable for everyone else.But I prefer FFA like D2. Let the game stay uniq”

People don’t pick up 99% of items, only runes and some better items are worth pick up.
Most of the time those better items are boss drops, so why bother with allocating garbage to random people? The one will get rune allocated and others will get garbage most of the time.

I don’t see the relevance, but if you want a private game with Ploot, go for it.

People would have to opt to join your game would they not? Meets the requirements, if that is what you are explaining.

mhm so majority wants to ruin! okay ive heard here that pro plotters were the majority? :man_facepalming:

Diablo II reruined Kinda cool version of the game.