Even for Diablo 4, Diablo 2 has to change

i loved how they looked it was having a treasure chest. it’s silly i know

This is just:

“Can’t wait to play D4, so let’s make D2R be D3.5”

1 Like

so u say that granting non ladder access to ladder only items/rw’s was only Qol change? whole ladder lost the point of existance with that…open ur eyes

1 Like

and yet here we see once again…ppl wants to change the game only to become as filler for them…ruin the game and won’t even play more than month politics! it’s awesome that we have nextgeneration gamers… :man_facepalming:

4 Likes

Exactly =/ I was surprised by the change posts when I first joined the board…

1 Like

Ladder still has plenty of reason: Fresh start, market reset and a bit of competition.
Nothing else should be needed.

1 Like

yeah because D2 has been a steady playerbase for the last 20 years, No decline at all, nobody ever stopped playing it because it was stale…

D2R will release with a peak but will drop super fast because it has nothing more to offer. People will play it a bit because it looks great but it brings nothing more than the original version

Diablo II never was strong, let alone for 20+ years. This is just false narrative by delusional people Immune to Logic, Reason, and Facts that even +20 hard points in Logic, Reason, and Facts Mastery can not break their immunity!

Imagine seriously believing a game that sold 4 millions LTD copies (not to mention most people bought 4+ keysets) and has like 500 non-bot players since 10 years is “going strong”!

1 Like

If you think the game wont loose good chunk of its player within a month EVEN if changes are made, then you are horribly mistaken.

2 Likes

Were talking about a game released 21 years ago that sold 4 million copies. Of which most of those people are now over 40. So the vast majority of players for D2:R will be NEW players, not just veterans. Meaning everything in the game will be new to them and it won’t need to “offer more” in order to keep them hooked. It kept tons of fans hooked for years and now itll hook a new swath of people as well as some of the old. I personally can’t wait and will have thousands of hours of fun with D2:R. Not sure what you’re smoking, but D2R is going to crush.

1 Like

Lmao called it! I think it’s funny seeing people say that they “want the same game we used to have.” Back when my life used to consist of trying to get out of school to play D2, I remember wishing and longing that Blizzard cared enough to update the game with things like QoL hotkeys, loot filters, and inventory management solutions. I understand wanting to keep the remaster as true as possible, but the OP is correct: people will lose interest quickly if (brace yourselves) CHANGES aren’t made. I also want to point out that the arguments against charm inventories are weak. Power vs looting? Kidding me? That goes against the core reasons for playing the game…

Like we didn’t want new stuff back in the day.

why ur still here? just refund already since ur not going to see trainwreck ur asking…D2R offers enough to stay alive next 20 years! ps. i would really love to have same thing u had there!

No, no, no, no, no, and no

Gotta admit, purists are really good to argument with well thought, well detailed and elaborate counter arguments

1 Like

Pls no. Can we just not?

Zero interest in Diablo 4 game made by this Blizzard. D3 was terrible and all the suggestions to change D2 shows D4 is a turd waiting to happen. Just give us D2 and leave it alone. If you want to change D2 so badly then this isn’t the game for you.

D4 will be the paradise of the easy hand out crowd. Hence why they keep D2R original play.

So we can continue to play for 20 years while D4 is dead in 2.

Maybe a hundred of people around the globe will still play d2 in 20 years… maximum

It’s not like D2 hasn’t already declined

And it’s not like a remaster resets the decline timer like if it was a new game

What it took 20years to lose in term of playerbase will be accelerated in D2R because people that left due to lack of content will hit this revelation once graphical novelty runs out

Especially with mods out of the picture

Ughh there is currently thousands upon thousands playing d2 even before the remaster.

Then You substrat biases by taking numbers before D2R announcement and thousands of bots

Even tho, how does this invalidate my point about accelerated decline