Even for Diablo 4, Diablo 2 has to change

your argument was that D2:R won’t “make money”. i explained how it obviously will. Move on.

2 Likes

The reasoning doesn’t really matter for the fact it changed?
Same with removing TCP/IP. That sure changes gameplay options for those using it, and Blizzard removing it is imo a WC3R-like scandal.

Nah man you got it all wrong. i love changes. in fact, look at my thread here that i keep plugging like its my Mix tape:

They’ve already made a lot of changes dude, check it out. and yea they COULD add a few more. But no they don’t need a bunch more, or even any more changes for D2:R to be a success. But i personally hope for a few more QoL features post-launch and who knows, maybe we will even get some skill-tree balancing? That would be nice.

i think it’s more likely they will add some sort of content each new ladder following the d3 season system. like one or 2 uniques or e new runeword,etc

Witcher 3 is also RPG game and it doesn’t get new content every 3 months. Nobody complaining about that just enjoying as it is. Try that too.

3 Likes

I’ve replayed Witcher 3 a few times, found new stuff in it every time. Same for Fallout 3/4 and Skyrim! Good games.

Wait… do you think Blizzard didn’t have the technology to implement stackable items in 2000?

It has nothing to do with being outdated, it was a deliberate design choice.

Inventory management was just one of the many demons the developers decided you had to slay in D2. These same developers built a game that is arguably in the discussion for being the greatest video game ever made.

So look, either this cumbersome inventory system is something that prevents you from enjoying the game, or it’s not. The D2 community that made this one of the greatest games ever was made up of people who decided it was either beneficial or tolerable… for 20 years now. Many, many people decided in that time that this game was not for them and there is zero doubt in my mind that this community’s identity is what it is not just by who is part of it but also by who is not part of it.

I have to say, after years of hearing people say how Activision has ruined Blizzard by making it all about the money and not about the great games their teams used to build, it’s strange to read someone saying Blizzard should change the content of one of their most beloved, iconic games to have a better business model. I haven’t seen many gamers prioritize this around these parts…

for that they have Diablo 4. Not D2 Resurrected.

2 Likes

Witcher 3, Fallout 4, Skyrim and Mass Effect are cinematic single player RPG’s. Not ARPG’s/ Dungeon Crawlers.
Those games such as Witcher 3, Fallout 4, etc. etc. are your evolved versions of RPG’s from the tactical WOW like RPG mechanics, where the main character is a silent protagonist. Some of such games are KOTOR (Knights of the Old Republic,) Dragon Age Origins, Jade Empire, KOTOR 2 ( Knights of the Old Republic The Sith Lords) Fallout 1, Though even older in RPG mechanics and design than the above games, Fallout 2, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, Morrowind (Which is arguably one of the best Eder Scrolls games) and Oblivion.

Games from Diablo 2 splintered off from your games like Fallout 1, Fallout 2 and Final Fantasy. But instead of being tactical Pokemon style battles, went into real time with Diablo coming off of influence from D and D. ( Dungeons and Dragons).

you realize that in effect, with the charms, all you are trading off is a skiller for the cube space right?
a charm inventory would give you a grand total of +1 tree skill and a ton of space to play around with. this “you don’t have to use them if you don’t want to” is great and all, except everyone and their guinea pig wants to use them.

every mod out there has an expanded stash, and it is universally praised. honestly, it’s great. try it.

1 Like

No it doesn’t. Grow up and get over it. Move on. Now.

D3 and D4 taking totally different turn.

D2 was great for what it was not for what followed (D3)

D3 was hammered by fans of D2 which spawned PoE as true successor of D2

D4 will continue what D3 started, to be casual game.

D2 is a grinder and bridging those games together makes no sense. They might be Diablo in name but in reality its comparing apple to oranges.

u mean more like offering everything from silver platter? NO TY! it’s simple.

and what part in this is Qol?

1 Like

Allowing people to access the full game in non-ladder and offline SP?

1 Like

I dont think that D2 has to change for D4 tbh. D2 is the perfect filler for those who cant have a filler with D3 right now.
If anything they need to make sure D4 isnt as bad as Diablo 3 again, like for some reason their World of Warcraft items inside the Diablo Franchise are unsatisfying without an end in sight.
The whole progressionsystem of D3 is a mess, its all about WoW Sets and leveling beeing the most unrewarding and highly annoying (because its useless) thing due to freespecc, while World of Warcraft is the new Diablo currently, like not sure if the Devs of Blizzard know what project they are working on.
Like the Frostsphere also isnt fun in D3, it doesnt deal damage per spike etc. just very lackluster the whole feeling.

I think what they need to do is to develop more Games, its just simple as that. Like you cant leave a franchise with 9+ years old Games and then change it based on the mistake of not creating a new Game.
D2:R will currently just do what i expect it to do, fill up a big gap between D2 and D4 and in the meanwhile blizzard should think about how to make Diablo 4 amazing again, so we can purchase that too.
Hopefuly it doesnt ship with “new player sickness” such as Transmog etc. since it will totaly downgrade any Item that you obtain., they need a unique look and i feel like transmog just allows you to design general generic poop items that never look good again.

Everybody who is begging for stackable gems is going to lose their minds when they find out it’s now 80 pgems for an ist. A lot of the value of gems/low level runes comes from the fact that it’s a hassle to manage them. The one click transfer to/from stash is already a godsend, why ruin it by going too far?

you are implying that the new ladder will have no changes. and devs didn’t say anything about it yet.

Maybe the are planning to add stuff to the ladder. I don’t know is just what i am thinking since they announce the non ladder thing. Maybe i’m wrong

I don’t think the value will actually change at all.

Most people who buy gems buy them because they don’t want to collect them at all.
Literally don’t want to go through the drops and click on them.

I don’t think it would make any difference and I’m usually a buyer.

Now add in custom loot filters and we have a whole new ball game

hahahaha i always picked up the gems and my stash was always full of those. it was crazy

but yeah i feel you mulling gems was a pain in the “head”

I never do.

At least not after establishing an end game build
Actually it’s so bad that even at the forge I just leave em there