Even for Diablo 4, Diablo 2 has to change

Changes are needed to keep the Diablo trend going until Diablo 4 comes out.

Two essential changes are runes, jams, potions stackable, and separate charm inventory.

In order to maintain the Diablo trend until Diablo 4 is launched, more convenience should be provided, and in particular, stress due to inventory should be minimized.

Some purists say it’s sentimental, but it won’t do anything for Blizzard.

This is because most users want more convenience, new balance, and content.

This is because, unlike Starcraft and Warcraft, this game is an RPG game. Even if the original sensibility is maintained, convenience and new content are constantly needed.

If those two essentials don’t apply, this game will see the light of at least a month and be forgotten.

Most users will get frustrated with the annoying and outdated inventory system and leave satisfied with the new cinematic graphics, Vaal.

And it will be a maniac game only for some purists.

If they don’t want to, Blizzard will need to seriously think about it.
A user who loved Diablo 18 years ago wrote down

15 Likes

This thread will not go well :smiley:

12 Likes

Why on gods green earth do potions need to stack in the inventory.

They already stack in your belt with hotkey to use…

Charms are literally an optional trade off of inventory space for character power.

If you dont want to use them Dont.

There are ways stacking gems and runes could be added that wouldnt contradict already existing game systems.

How is the inventory outdated? All the other dungeon crawlers, use the same type of inventory pretty much.

11 Likes

Let’s have them do a functioning remaster first.

If down the line ideas are there, perhaps d4 follows more closely contentwise and they can do D2R classic and D2R expansion with qol and additions/changes and some d4 ideas/side stories.

Who knows but any major changes to an already advertised with minimal changes game wouldn’t get a great reaction. Safer to have your cake, and then make a second cake to have as well.

1 Like

+1 for me on stackable gems and runes but only after the game runs as intended (no or few minor bugs). I only like this feature solely for convenience in crafting and trading.

I hated clicking x40 times to trade 40 perfect gems and then the other guy says I have to make room lol.

Edit: against the charm inventory and stackable potions.

1 Like

No, Diablo 2 doesn’t have to change. Diablo 2 must be preserved as close to the original as it can be, for it is the memories of this game that brought us to this point. Without Diablo 2 as it has been, there would be no Diablo 3 or beyond.

Sure there are things about the game that some don’t like. Parts of the game that are imperfect make the parts that are perfect stand out. If every day is a beautiful day, then what is a beautiful day? You don’t have an ugly day as a reference to make a beautiful day stand out. Contrast.

Some minor Quality of Life changes are acceptable such as mundane repetitive tasks that waste monumental time and/or mouse clicks (gambling, picking up gold), or implementing changes to make workarounds that have existed as a game feature (muling). Major changes like charm inventory are attempting to fix a perceived imperfection of balancing out power versus inventory space convenience.

33 Likes

We want the game to feel as it felt in our childhood, go to Path of Exile for the changes. There are constantly tons of changes that have quantity and no quality.

12 Likes
1 Like

Ugh. This may surprise you tremendously, but we actually LIKE Diablo II. It’s okay if you don’t, no one’s forcing you to play it. It’s a classic game, and we all managed to make it work just fine in the past. People will do the same in the remaster. The big selling point of D2R was that it’s “the way you remembered it, but back with updated graphics”. That generated a tremendous amount of buzz. I also think it’s VERY safe to say that it’s hard to find a single gamer who didn’t play D2 back in the day. That’s a lot of people with a lot of nostalgia. For you to say that the “majority” demand all kinds of changes is deliberately missing the most obvious selling point of the game.

29 Likes

I just dont get people, that get a remaster and dont want to play the game that being remastered…

Like imagine, when they did the HD rereleases of Banjo And Banjoo Tooie.

If there were people screaming about how Collectathons are Bad OutDated Design and they need to remove all the jinjos and jigies. Because People dont play games like that anymore.

Its like, yeah, when they rerelease an older game. You are going to be playing an Older Game…

Like it boggles my mind.

8 Likes

This should never ever happen tbh. Not in inventory at least. Potions are already too OP.

Stackable gems and runes, in stash only? That should happen. But also not in inventory.

Of course these changes should only happen on a separate Changes server. To preserve the original experience on a No Changes server.

No on all fronts. And if Blizzard is smart they will roll back some of D3’s QoL and WoW like features and head back to the original script.

What’s a jam? Are you talking about slam as in slamming?

Edit: Slam is something done with the corruption system in Project Diablo 2 and PoD. There was a way to corrupt items (essentially adding extra modifiers to uniques or rares) known as slamming which sometimes destroyed the item in the process.

What’s a slam? are you talking about blam as in blamming?

(I also had no clue what jam was, now I am even more confused.)

Charm inv. is the one change iam least on board for. pretty glad it probs wont happen

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/familyguy/images/0/0c/Consuela1.jpg/revision/latest/top-crop/width/360/height/360?cb=20130423134837

Consuela: No, No, No, Mister Change no here…

That’s a really nice non working image you got there. I am sure people will go copy paste it into their browser.

Tried, doesnt work for my account, too many silences :smiley:

No it doesn’t. The changes already implemented are enough.

Fix a few more bugs and presto! Done.

2 Likes

u should mayby just concider refund haha. and mayby also search the meaning of remaster! this nonsence ain’t happening i know it u know this and and even devs do know this. so move on play something else.

3 Likes