Ethereal Weapons

I just want to say, if Ethereal Weapons are supposed to be the season defining item…Why the hell are they so hard to come by. I have seen a single one drop for my Barbarian and it dropped when I was very low level…yes it made leveling a smidgen faster, but I outgrew it and have never seen another…I’m not saying they should rain from the sky, but don’t make the whole season about something that may never happen! Yes…I’m Salty.

1 Like

The drop rate for Ethereals is roughly 1 in 100 legendaries.
That’s not hard to come by.

7 Likes

This topic has been discussed at lengths by multiple ppl. Firstly it’s not exactly “hard” to come by once you’re able to run speed t16 they should start dropping a lot more often. The fastest way I got them was a just running GR 90’s and up. Secondly, you’re at 173 paragon for the season that’s barely and /play time for the season. I got an ethereal leveling because I got extremely lucky and I didn’t see one again till about 4 or 500 paragon.

2 Likes

I received my first one at P520, when others were getting them as soon as the started the game.

You have to accept that you need to grind in order to enjoy the Season 24 theme. If you are playing casually or not efficiently, it would be difficult for you to find an ethereal to use. I mean, even if you lucked out and found an ethereal, there is no guarantee that your build can use it.

3 Likes

You are only paragon 173 in season (and ~750ish in non season). People push these numbers on day 1 of a season. Clearly you do not play a lot. So as Kilometer said playing casually is going to make finding ethereals difficult.

You should be farming the highest GR you can do in ~2-4 minutes. Assuming that is at least GR90 (which most builds should be close to doing, ethereal or not) you should find one about every 10 Grs or so.

if you are unable to do this join a community. There are gear share ones for your class or one called saddle and leeches that carry people through GRs for gear.

2 Likes

Well, true… finding ethereals is a minor issue, I had RG’s dropping two or three at once. My craziest drop was two ethereals and a primal. The primal bracer was even useful, that’s the weirdest part of it, but anyways…
The real issue is finding a usable ethereal and that’s where luck can bite you. I gave up, as my luck has been extremely horrible this season. Thing is, I want either Wizzy or Oculus with the Deathwish affix. Do you think, I got one? Among the approx. 120+ ethereal drops I had, I got:

Twisted Sword - 19 (!!) times
Etched Sigil - 15 (!) times
Valthek - 11 times
Triumvirate - 11 times
Wizardspike - 11 times
Unstable Scepter - 10 times
Grand Vizier - 9 times
Sparker - 8 times
Fragment - 7 times

and some other, mostly useless, offhand powers.

So, Deathwish where art thou? Well, I got exactly one… as you might have guessed, that was while leveling my character, and a Mang Song to boot, haha. After that? Nope, not a single one. Nada, zero, zilch.

I’m pretty much through with this crap. I could play the build I want without the ethereal but if I want that, then I could also play ns.

Now, don’t get me wrong here, to each their own. Some might like this pointless treadmill and I don’t mind grinding for things. Normally, that is. But this time it’s different. Farming for a good/useful/required item takes time unless you are lucky, but that’s okay. You grind for it and when you get it, then it’s yours to keep. It feels rewarding. This time you might end up investing countless hours to get a certain item while you already know it will vanishes into thin air at the end. So if you are unlucky, this is just a waste of time.

1 Like

How RNG is RNG? RNG is RNG indeed.

2 Likes

At least you got one for a barbarian. That’s more than I did.

1 Like

Thank you, you stated it so clearly…I am a casual player, I usually don’t grind unless I really want the end rewards. I guess most seasons, have an element that comes into play whether or not you grind. I can live with it. Thanks for your kind answer.

1 Like

farm many times in the same room , still can’t get weapons, just leave.
farm 3 to 5 x 80 - 100 GR then open the new room, 1 to 3 NR then 80 - 100 GR.
Recreating the character is another option.

That seems like a waste of time.

lol that’s the point of most games…there has to be a time sink in order for us to keep playing.

but recreating a new character of the same class, getting it to about level 11 or 12 then running a puzzle ring is by far the fastest way to get all the ethereals

Sure, but that’s not what he said, he said run a few 80-100 GR, no dice, reroll the char.

And there’s a major difference between a time sink in game and intentionally wasting time for no good reason as a player.

1 Like

Wow, how long does it take to make it to T16? I’m just starting again, at like P120ish. Loving the Monk this go around. But my Monk is using a lvl 41 Ethereal weapon, which is still better than all the lvl 70 weapons I’m finding.

Not long, just keep playing eventually your BiS Ethereal mob basher will drop, it might require patience or you may get lucky, probably a bit in between.

I’m playing Monk and it’s a ton of fun for sure. My gear is meh, not had any Primal luck at all, and getting a full Ancient set has been slow and I’m still a piece short.

However my Ethereal kicks butt, it took a long time to get the one I wanted though, so you may have to live with one that’s not perfect for some time but they are so OP even without perfect stats, so it’s no biggie.

Anyway, good luck fellow Monk player!

And watch your rugs, do not reveal your floors! :rofl:

1 Like

I have a first wizard that only Oculus drops. Get the first Mang Song drop by creating the new character.

The first DH is still unable to get the focus ring, and I get it on the second character.

In my experience, certain character will have a fixed item drop,

Why would you do that?

Because it resets something especially with the mage as the same thing happened to me
I had 1 etheral drop with my first mage and then nothing and got my character to level 60 and still nothing, deleted the character, rolled a new one and got the other 2 etherals within an hour of the new character whereas the I got nothing for 5 hours with the first mage and strangely enough I never had a problem with other classes dropping ethereals just the mage
At least in my experience collecting them

That’s just RNG, nothing more. It resets nothing.

Just play efficiently and you’ll get ethereals. Once you’re able to speed run GR90+ you’ll get plenty of ethereals. The other day when I was playing my monk at GR100 I got 2-3 ethereals in a hour on average.

1 Like