Etherals Feedback - Etheral Armor pieces - Etheral Set?

My feedback about Etherals:

Pros

Easy leveling for everyone

Great for leveling like a Necro, without being a Necro. Ideally we would have one guaranted Etheral drop around level 10-15, so leveling is a breeze. (PTR drop rate do not let us test this leveling boost in regular conditions)

2-handed powers on 1-handed weapon

Really fun for leveling. Ideally the guaranted drop on levels 10-15 would be a 2-handed power on a 1-handed weapon.

Cons

2x Etheral weapons

We can’t equip 2 Etherals weapons… Even if our class is able to equip 2 weapons. This is sad and limits the builds diversity. I thought the season was fun until I came into this limitation. For once I want crazyness, especially since Etherals are removed at end of the season.

Etheral armor pieces

There is no Etheral armor pieces. This is sad. I want Etheral armor pieces with buffed characteristics and a random armor or jewerly legendary power. This way we can create tons of new builds.

Etheral set

Refinement of the previous idea.
There is no Etheral set. Etherals weapons and armor pieces could be part of a 13 pieces set, called “The Etheral Armor”. It would be a seasonal, universal set (class free and destroyed at end of the season).

• 2p : Your legendary gems powers are disabled
  • 4p : Your legendary gems can now be slotted everywhere
  • 6p : Each legendary gem level gives you +1% increased armor
  • 8p : Each legendary gem level gives you +1% increased life
  • 10p : Each legendary gem level gives you +15% increased damage

Although this a set, the color of writing remains teal.

And what the profit? (When you have only 2?)

There is no Haedrig’s Gift for this special Etheral set, you find pieces while farming, and will have 2 or 3 pieces likely before completing your Haedrig’s Gift.

Currently you can only equip 1 Etheral per character, so being able to equip multiple Etherals (especially 2 weapons) is already itself a reward.

Multi set would be too easy and powerful (2 weapons are part of the set), so the first stages must be punitive until you get the assurance that Multi set is physically impossible.

Having long trailed bonuses rewards the completion. It is a 13 pieces set so the number of pieces to benefit from set rewards need to be ajusted.

I think the scope of what you’re talking about is unrealistic, at least for a while. Let’s start with weps and slow roll to see how it shakes up the meta.

I was sad I couldn’t DW too, but I get it. Two of these would be ridiculous.

You want double Ethereal weapons if 1H??? That’s just power creep…why not just buff the 2H then?

We have had enough of this type of buffing numbers, it does nothing to build diversity.

1 Like

I didn’t say you can cumulate buff on a same legendary power. You still cannot. And yes it would be power creep.

2 Etheral weapons means you can use 2 different weapon legendary powers thus create new builds through combination. This is interesting to dynamize gameplay when you are waiting for cooldowns.

Which is power creep! You are wanting two Weapon Legendary Effects with TWO extra passives and both weapons have Ethereal stats…its just power creep with huge numbers.

No…it offers zero diversity, in fact it creates a more refined meta and actually narrows build diversity.

1 Like

I mean this is the season of Etherals. And Etherals are deleted after season. So yes you shall go 100% Etherals. 2 weapons + 11 armor pieces. Otherwise this is a season for nothing and Etherals are just transmogs.

Players won’t invest time in season just for transmogs. They want a different gameplay experience.

I tried a monk and honestly -currently- Etherals bring nothing. I’m already bored as a casual player. This is a red signal.

1 Like