Eternal botting "problem"

Hi all,
i’m a passionate player of this game, more than 6000k hours in game, 3700 as WD my favourite class by far. I wish to thank the dev team for this amazing new set that made WD a very efficient trash killer for speeding HL Grifts and pushing 150. This season is amazing for WD players like me !
6 months ago i saw that on this forum :

Blockquote TurboHud, Bannable or Not? - #13 by Matthew_Cederquist

We are 57 days and 19 hours into season 20 as i’m EU player, means a total of 1387 hours since season is live.
I’ve checked the 4p LB this morning, only the 4 firsts teams, only 15 guys assuming one of them has been part of 2 differents teams.
Here are the playing times of these 15 players :
499 hours => 8.5 hours a day since day 1.
614 hours => 10 hours a day since day 1.
821 hours => 14 hours a day since day 1.
870 hours => 15 hours a day since day 1.
882 hours => 15 hours a day since day 1.
963 hours => 16 hours a day since day 1.
1146 hours => 19 hours a day since day 1.
1162 hours => 20 hours a day since day 1.
1167 hours => 20 hours a day since day 1.
1178 hours => 20 hours a day since day 1.
1185 hours => 20 hours a day since day 1.
1229 hours => 21 hours a day since day 1.
1281 hours => 22 hours a day since day 1.
1303 hours => 22 hours a day since day 1.
1307 hours => 22 hours a day since day 1.

Some them (few !) are amazing players as they have Plevel/playtime very high and i wish to congratulate them.

On the other hand, i’m always surprised by the majority of D3 players subjects to massives insomnias without adequate medical treatments.

I’m not crying, I know the paragon problem since a long time and i know that my playtime can’t let me compete for the top ranks in LB but i’m ranked under rank 400 in solo/2p/3p with my little 2.6k gons (ranking soon 4p, cleared my first 150 with my WD at 2.1k).
As i see on the numbers, almost 9/15 of these guys are botters, by far more than 50%. Better rankings could be easier without them.
Hope Matthew didn’t lie, i don’t hope for (expect ?) any communication, just actions against those guys who ruin the game every season.
Am i dreaming ? Probably, like every season since the first one but i would like to enjoy this game even more than yet.

9 Likes

Haven’t you heard? Apparently, anyone that needs more than two hours of sleep a night is weak, an old man or a boomer…

Link
Link

4 Likes

Prepare to be flooded by D3 Fanboi botters who claim that its totally legit to play 23 hours a day for 5 weeks.

7 Likes

Would you be interested in playing hardcore? There’s less botters there at the top so the climb feels much better. The downside is hardcore is rather boring since there’s not much choice but on the bright side it takes no time to level if you lose a character.

1 Like

for me every game is better with friends. i am very social.
the problem is bugs and bad connection when my wife uploads something or calls on video. and as said before, bugs often make it possible at all.
that’s why hardcore is absolutely pointless for me.

1 Like

I’m on DSL with 0.30 mb upload, I live in the middle of nowhere so I don’t have a choice but to use crap internet. I still played hardcore the entire time I played D3. What we need is an offline mode so we can enjoy hardcore without ISP lag or DDoS attacks which happen all the time with blizzard products.

4 Likes

correct! I have 30% of the internet speed without exaggerating. in my location it is impossible to buy reasonable internet. i can’t even employ people because communication with zoom is almost impossible.
offline mode would help me and I can hear news in the background or whatever. it would also be possible to play with others if the internet was not so heavily loaded.

It’s a shame ISP’s mostly cater to big cities and refuse to service rural area’s because of the investment cost to cover a large area, they’re looking into using 5g to service area’s like where we live. Hopefully they’ll do it and without too much packet loss so games are playable. Otherwise we’re still going to be in the same boat when it comes to crap internet service.

1 Like

Lol, botter detected )) Blizz, take action.

If you wouldn’t mind sharing with me/us, what has been your motivating factor with this game?

I am trying to enjoy it, but with the drop quality being so bland and repetitive, I personally find it difficult to play consistently.

I only play solo. I don’t agree with the devs philosophy that coop should receive high yield bonus.

1 Like

No. The solution to people cheating at a competition isn’t to change the competition, it’s to eject the cheats from it. When you enforce a rule of “X hours per week allowed”, regardless of what X is, it has the potential to impact some legitimate players. You don’t combat cheats by penalising people that aren’t cheating.

2 Likes

But then how would the community react? What options do we have after we’ve undergone effective policing?

This does nothing to stop botting. It only punishes players with more free time than others. I work 6 days a week, 8-10 hours a day and have a family. I don’t play more than 0-4 hours a day very often. I do take 2-3 mental health vacation weeks a year. I will go bat crazy and play a ton, now you say I can only have so much fun.

As for the cheaters, they still win. The legit player has 8 hours a day under your proposal, where he has to farm bounties, rift keys, and GR’s for paragon. The cheater has a bot run bounties and rifts. He collects the spoils in between GR runs. Cheater wins.

This solves nothing.

Players have been asking for filters for leader boards for years. Even if we got one, how does it solve the bot problem. The cheaters still cheat. So you sort for 12 hour a day players. Guess what. There are still cheaters in that range too.

This does nothing to solve the bot problem.

How the hell does this solve the botting problem? Ok, I can now see the 20 hour a day player has been running GR120 for 10 hours straight. He’s a cheater, but I already know that. I can scream cheater all day, but how do I police the community myself when I have no power to remove cheaters. That is Blizz’s job, and their job only.

Again, this solves nothing. The cheaters are still there.

As I’ve stated in the other 100 of these threads, the best solution is for Blizz to take a mil or 2 out of their 9 or 10 figure profits they make each and every year and police their own game and live up to their own EULA.

2 Likes

the only thing that diablo 3 has for endgame is greater rifts. no one cares man, like literally no one.
diablo 3 is stale and hasn’t given a purpose to play it since ROS came out, and was a month old.

It was fun for a run through and a little grinding, but once it was apparent the stuff that makes diablo 2 live forever isn’t there.

D4 will have the same fate as they wan’t trading, but don’t want trading.

Nope. The players are entirely responsible for their own health. We had a thread recently all about someone wanting Blizzard to enforce players’ bedtimes, and even requiring government IDs to be able to play games. It’s nonsense. Stop trying to nanny grown-ups.

4 Likes

yea, obviously, while you’re at it make Pepsi and McDonalds care about peoples health too.

Ummmm, no you didn’t.

How does putting an 56 hour time constraint solve the botting problem? If a legit player plays 2 hours a day and another player plays legit for 2 hours a day, then cheats for 6 hours a day, they are way ahead of the legit player. Cheater still wins. Legit player plays for 8 hours a day farming bounties, rifts, grs for xp while non-legit player runs grs for 8 hours a day, stopping only long enough to collect bounties and rift keys from his bots. Cheater still wins. Time limits do nothing to solve the bot problem, only slightly mitigate them and make them look a lot less obvious, but they are still there and still winning.

How does a filtered leader board solve the bot problem? The top spots overall are still owned by cheaters. Legit players who play 6 hours a day are ranked right along side cheaters who play for 2 hours a day, then cheat for 6 hours a day or with players who run GR’s for 6 hours a day while collecting bounties from their bots. Cheaters are still winning.

They have had a report feature in the past and it doesn’t solve the bot problem, it just allows people to harass others by getting their accounts flagged. What they need to do is ban the cheaters. When the top players start disappearing off the boards consistently, players will know they are actually doing something.

1 Like

Making 56 hours of combat per week won’t solve anything. The botter can set his bounty friend to run GRs and stay in town while the friend does a GR, when he is done with the GR, just click on his flag and get the items and do gem ups and get the closing xp…all without being flagged as in combat as he was in town for the entire fight until it is over.

I wouldn’t give over watch much credit. There is still rampant cheating and they are just waiting for blizzard to catch on. I watched one guy yesterday play with every cheat known to man while playing overwatch.

Season is around 60 days in. I have around 180 hours played this season. That is 3 hours per day average. My highest WD clear is 122, 3 below the 1000 point. This was done 3 weeks ago and since then I have gotten more paragon, better gear, more augments, and no fishing. I can rank on the board with only 3 hours played a day. You do not need to run 12-16 hours a day to make the board. Friend of mine has around 240 hours played. 4 hours a day. His DH is currently #26 on that board. Again, you do not need to play 12-16 hours a day to make the board. If you remove all the cheaters, there is a strong chance my 3 week old 122 clear could make the board. My friend would have a shot at being in the top 10.

Again, your 56 a week limit does nothing to solve botting. It only slightly mitigates the cheating. For most of us, cheaters still win.

As far as your statement “the bot is in competition with the best”, shows how little you know about the botting culture. Yes, there are some that bot to push the top spot. There are some that bot because they simply don’t want to run bounties or rifts. Some players bot casually and have their account running for less than 12 hours a day.

The 20+ hour a day botters are the cockroaches that come out in the light. Just because you see 3 cockroaches doesn’t mean you only have 3 cockroaches, more than likely you have a large infestation you can’t see.